Author Topic: Language Translation  (Read 3143 times)

Calhoone

• View Profile
Language Translation
« on: December 05, 2007, 09:23:59 pm »
While reading through the many topics on the forums I was wondering if Hal can translate other languages. i.e. english to french and so on.  If so does anyone have a plugin?

If not, would that be a difficult thing to have Hal do? I am no programmer by any means but I though if translation programs have been around for as long as they have there might be away to give Hal the ability.

I only ask this becuase I was thinking that throughout the years humans have researched what makes us do what we do. Learning about our anatomy, cells, dna and so on. Would it not be good if hal had the ability to tranlate and read programming languages and it's own programming so that it can analyze it and learn more about it's self?
Though I have a feeling I am thinking to far ahead.

-Jay

Prospector

• View Profile
Language Translation
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 03:10:19 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Calhoone

While reading through the many topics on the forums I was wondering if Hal can translate other languages. i.e. english to french and so on.  If so does anyone have a plugin?

A few of us had a go at this a while back and came up with some plugins.
They can be found here.
http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3750

Hope that helps

Calhoone

• View Profile
Language Translation
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 02:20:39 am »
Thank you very much. I have so many tabs open with information and topics about Hal and I still miss finding the answers to some of my questions.