Author Topic: Haptek & multi core cpu's  (Read 21765 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
Haptek & multi core cpu's
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2010, 06:21:16 pm »
i don't guess it would be anything to do with show hidden files and extensions ?? that would probably be two easy .

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2010, 02:56:10 am »
Where to start??????
Carl2==
Did you set the player to only run on 1 cpu in the car program???
If not, open the player then open the car program, in car it will show you the programs running.
Pick the player & underneath you will see a list of cpu's yours should show that 4 of them are selected.
Un-select 3 of them & click ok,close car & the player should be operating ok now.
I also can't find the hap temp folder that we had in xp,
which shows what is inside the htr?????

Snowman===
I don't know how you got PP to work in win 7?????
Jack told me that you can't register it because it can't find a system ID which is needed to register it.

Athena????
When I had XP with people putty & Hal installed I always installed just the player by itself even though the other 2 programs had it in them?????
Maybe worth a try????

« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 03:06:40 am by NIGE »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2010, 08:02:16 am »
i updated my info . nige so that i'll have it when i ever get windows seven , thanks . [:)]

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2010, 09:13:49 am »
NIGE,
  Thanks I followed your instructions and the Hap Player works as it used to.  You should let Haptek know about that, as is the Hap Player is useless without it.
  The download for the Hap Player contains a Standard folder, you can drag and drop empty scene and Standardstart.hap to remove and start the character.
Carl2

GT40

• Hey, I see you!
    • View Profile
    • My Bots
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2010, 10:53:39 am »

Hi all,

In the golden age of Haptek, most Haptek stuffs were made for webpages (take a look at the Haptek Guide). Of course nobody here was interested because this site is dedicated to Hal, who has nothing to do with HTML coding. Except me, lol, my passion was to experiment with Haptek characters acting in webpages (Pandorabots included) and later, in a VB6 program.

All that was perfect with Windows 98SE and Internet Explorer, and then it was still working under XP (by accident, lol). Troubles began with Vista, it could work but after changing some settings. Then 7 arrived, and multi-core CPU's everywhere. It was the end of a fun story.

http://haptek.com/corporate/

You see and hear the lovely Lola at the left top of the screen? No? Maybe the most important page of the official site!

It's not a shame, that just means THE END... [:(]

Time to waste with skits, bots & other useless things? Why not visit
http://gt40.chez-alice.fr/Haptek/MyBots.htm ? Oops, sorry, a museum!

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2010, 03:37:05 pm »
I've had PeoplePutty for awhile now. And I've had it on two or more fresh installs of Vista and on two installs of Windows 7 (all on same pc). I've installed it like any other program. With no need for compatability issues or any kind of problem. Go figure.

Ok, I tried to load the standardStartup.hap .  It loaded fine. So I decided to look for the htr file it loaded into my window and I couldn't find it. I'm not sure where or what it is actually loading. I've already been through all the referenced haps.

It still won't load an htr or haptar file.

On another note.. The new Viusal Studio is about to be released in two days.

\Load [file= data\standard\StandardStartup.hap]
Live long and prosper or die trying.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2010, 05:09:48 pm »
stay tuned folks don't touch that dial ... somebody is going to figure this all out for us lol !![:D][:)]

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2010, 08:19:41 pm »
I just got Hal up and running, It seemed everything was okay but then I noticed Jiggly was not working correctly, small quick movements of the upper arms and breasts.  Jiggly can be downloaded from AI Dreams.  Like to know if it's just me or another problem.
Carl2

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2010, 07:41:31 pm »
Just tried jiggly in another computer, the computer is faster and a better video card.  Jiggly works without problems.
Carl2

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2010, 08:51:57 am »
Jiggly now works okay in this computer, I had to turn off the PhysX acceleration in the Nvidia control panel.
Carl2

snowman

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2010, 08:50:23 pm »
Thanks Carl2, that might explain why I've always had problems with fullbody haptek girls wiggle and jiggle so much. And I never installed anything that would cause that on purpose.

snowman

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2010, 09:03:24 pm »
I still haven't figured why Athena character will not load. Although I might have narrowed it down alittle more.

I decided to try loading a character though html code using People Putty. Then I open the index.html page in my IE web browser. It work like it should. So I don't think its entirely hapteks fault.

I then made a browser using Visual Studio and then tested it on normal websites. That worked fine. However, when I tried to load the index.html (PeoplePutty's) It loaded everything but the character. I then tried to load one of the characters off of Hapteks web-site(thanks to GT40) and I couldn't load it either.

So I think that maybe Visual Studio might be to blame here. Something like this has happened before... until Microsoft fixed that particular problem.

Later today, I need to download the New Visual Studio 2010. It is Released today. (I'm a little exited) I hope that fixes the problem.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 09:06:12 pm by snowman »

snowman

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2010, 11:00:50 am »
If found it!!! I found what was causing the bug. The NIVDA video card was causing the problem. I had set the graphic acceleration down to preformance level because of a high-end game that was playing at the time... JustCause2.

I just reset what I had changed and everything is back to working order.

Tell you what, thats a load off my mind.[:D]

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2010, 12:10:54 am »
Great news, I thought that we may never see Athena!!!!

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2010, 03:04:28 pm »
The problem with the body_female character I was having is caused when the speach recognition is used.  I tried with and without Speach recognition checked, Microsoft SR and Dragon.  Whenever SR is checked she makes quick short movements.
Carl2