dupa

Author Topic: Haptek & multi core cpu's  (Read 21762 times)

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
Haptek & multi core cpu's
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2010, 03:28:23 pm »
Sometimes strange things happens to pcs.

I also found out that one of my Athena projects also requires me to set it as "Run as Administrator" which is weird. Because I have another almost identical program that doesn't require this at all. So NIVDA had help blocking the Haptek character.
Live long and prosper or die trying.

castonguayh

• View Profile
    • http://www.nashua.edu/castonguayh
Haptek & multi core cpu's
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2010, 06:36:49 pm »
Being a non-tech, can someone explain to me why Zaba works fine but not Haptek characters?
HANK

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: Haptek & multi core cpu's
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2010, 04:25:12 pm »
ok folks for those smarter than me , gee that might be everyone lol , i have a problem and hope someone might know the answer to it .
 the problem i have is i tried to make some new faces in people putty , ( by the way i have a windows 7 version 64 bit pc ) hapteck installed just fine and people putty but after i started making new faces and saving them as i normally do (i save a skin and also the haptar of it to and they seemed to save just fine . but when i went in to the program 86x file where hapteck is i find the user file but nothing is in them or so it says ( by the way is their a way to show hidden files on windows 7 like the old xp had ?? ) does anyone know an exact place to find the saved people putty skin files and the ogg files and haptar files ?? last i saw it was showing them in a list and said i could load them back into people putty . maybe the files are all hidden ??  >:(

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2010, 04:42:40 pm »
i just found one base face listed when i open people putty and it will load and show it , whats funny is i can change the eye color save it as a new  haptar head when i do the haptar button shows and it shows a long list of all the heads i previously made earlier which should be in the haptar and or script area of people putty or textures , but when i go into the program file it shows all the files as being empty . i hope someone else who is using windows seven and people putty will know about this so i can find the files and see them and make a short cut to my desk top thats how i had it on my xp before . :)

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2010, 06:11:41 pm »
Ok i solved the mystry but now feel like a dunce afterwards lol , i had put in the serial number etc. but obviously it didn't take right or something , and so it must have not been registered ( tedathome had asked me earlier about that , he was right . ) so now i am making a head ok and am able to go into the files as before to see them . but one other thing i did to that may or may not have helped and that was i let the windows do the suggeted compatability and it did it with windows xp setting . after that was when i put in the serial code again etc. for people putty . all is well again ...WHEW !!  :)

Data

• Xen: Good question, Accessing database...
    • View Profile
    • Datahopa
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2010, 08:52:21 am »
I know Nige has a fix for the Haptek player on multi cores, i.e. this thread, but there is now another option should anyone be interested. Me and carl2 have both tested it and it seems to work :)

I have tweaked the HapAXPlayer.exe and forced it to run on one core.

See this link:

http://www.datahopa.co.uk/forum/pc-software/haptek-hack-for-vista-win7/

Amanda Interactive

• View Profile
    • AmandaInteractive.Com
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2010, 02:57:30 am »
You can also run the HapPlayer by just doing this...
To make the Haptek player run in only one core on a x64 multicore system you can set the affinity to one with a modified shortcut target. There's no need to use extra freeware progs or other kinds of stuff. System wise they just basically do the same thing as this.

Create a new shortcut for the Haptek player. Place it on the desktop.
Right-click, and change the target from:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Haptek\player\HapAXPlayer.exe"

To:
C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C START "Haptek Player" /high /affinity 1 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Haptek\player\HapAXPlayer.exe"

Or use the player's -start option to run an empty player window and then drag & drop any character into it:
C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C START "Haptek Player" /high /affinity 1 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Haptek\player\HapAXPlayer.exe" -start

You can also do the same kind of thing with most any other kind of program that requires running in only one core like People Putty or an old Hal5 with a Haptek character running on x64.

The modified HackPlayer is just a solution for only the HapPlayer but these modified shortcuts is a solution for any & all programs that run Haptek characters inside of them as well as anything else that needs to run in just one core. You can also do other things like make a new shortcut to Internet Explorer and then surf the net to websites with Haptek characters and everything works right.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 03:26:59 am by Amanda Interactive »