Author Topic: NeoVoices and Windows ME  (Read 3641 times)

Vicky

• View Profile
NeoVoices and Windows ME
« on: May 10, 2007, 10:01:05 am »
Does anyone know of anybody who has successfully installed Hal Reader with NeoVoices on their Windows ME system? I need to know if it can be done.

I've emailed Zabaware twice and have not received any replies. I've been all over the forums and did not see any references to Windows ME. I posted in the forums asking for help but no one could.

If I can't receive a reply for help from customer service, I doubt very seriously if I will receive a reply if I request a REFUND.

Vicky

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
NeoVoices and Windows ME
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 10:57:30 am »

I hadn't replied because I bought the Hal Reader just before I moved from ME to XP, but as no one else made comment here, I will.

I do remember some problem with it.  
If I remember correctly(?) when I configured in Haptek SAPI config for KATE, after I closed Hal I would have to configure again everytime I started Hal. It was a pain in the ....  
Sorry I can't give more details, I only had it short time before getting XP.
There's no problems with XP.

I know this don't help much, perhaps someone else can shed light ??

Vicky

• View Profile
NeoVoices and Windows ME
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 11:56:02 am »
Thanks for the reply. I wish I could get even that far. My computer will not install Hal Reader with NeoVoices because it say my OS is inadequate although I have all the requirements listed on Zabaware site.

Vicky

There's nothing worse than being called inadequate [:D]

ramccoid

• View Profile
    • http://www.visualillustrations.co.uk
NeoVoices and Windows ME
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 12:06:20 pm »
quote:
I do remember some problem with it.
If I remember correctly(?) when I configured in Haptek SAPI config for KATE, after I closed Hal I would have to configure again everytime I started Hal. It was a pain in the ....
Sorry I can't give more details, I only had it short time before getting XP.
There's no problems with XP.

I have that same problem with KATE and I'm using XP MCE 2005 edition. It used to work fine with HAL 5 but when I upgraded to HAL 6 that is when the problem started. I can't figure out what the problem is or what causes it.
Roy.