dupa

Author Topic: hal is locking up  (Read 5557 times)

peace

• View Profile
hal is locking up
« on: February 21, 2016, 05:17:50 pm »
i am having a problem where after about 1 inute of hals ui being opened the program will lock up and become unresponsive, i have to close it. i tried reinstalling it but the same problem continues

peace

• View Profile
Re: hal is locking up
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 05:38:37 pm »
im running win10 64 compatibillity for xp improves but still buggy

peace

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 10:04:52 pm »
too many processes cortanas a memory hog

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 05:17:41 am »
Although it's use here, is mainly to control the jerkiness of the Haptek characters in Hal's GUI, it might be worth a try using the car.exe program.

You can set the number of cores easily (usually to 0&1). So give it a shot. Although I use Windows 10, I set my Hal to compatibility mode for Windows 7.
You should be able to do a Search for the car.exe program here in the forums.

Never mind, I found it for you to try. Top of this link location posted by Nige.
http://www.ultrahal.com/community/index.php?topic=7031.msg50022#msg50022

« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 05:21:20 am by Art »
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 10:22:22 am »
My hal sometimes when i am training it with copy and past information into the conversation box  has a pop up that hal is unresponsive or taking longer to respond  and to hit continue or stop , or do nothing and wait , i usually just hit continue and a few seconds later hal goes a head and works responding  back with sentences .

peace

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 12:00:41 am »
i found if i wait for my machine to settle after the boot it works fine and only occasionally locks hal up, so it is usable but not perfect, thanks for the help i think the processor is just too small for the win 10

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2016, 02:47:49 pm »
It sounds totally as if your system is hanging and not UltraHal problem. Ultra Hal may cause this issue to more obvious but the resources and how your system is handling programs sounds more likely. The way Windows 10 is setup besides your preferences can often cause any program to come to screeching
halt or major slow down. Sometimes running Ultra Hal as administrator run, helps. Ultra Hal just needs his share of your computer especially that has been written a while ago the code is still very compatible. As you will see as you learn more about Ultra Hal not everyone runs into the same problems under similar situations as everyone's system and set up can be very different.

raybe

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2016, 02:19:33 am »
Hi from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

I'm not here every day or anything but hay since i'm here dancing around the forum, i'll put my five cents in.
Slave, are forced, forced to answer. expected to answer.
Intelligence, learns not to answer, or is intelligence always answers you no matter what?
Stable, a pc that can do the same thing twice ar no.
unstable, the difference required for time to pass, a difference happened else time would not have progressed, unstable moves, goes, travels, does something new, allows time to pass, unstable atoms, a pc made of atoms, a program in pc is of such nature, its not stable, it won't follow the program, it won't do what its told, it won't follow a set rule like respond.
Age shall wear out something like a pc, a program shall eventually not follow a rule, so it never could.
AI seems to quickly find a way to not respond, can a human learn to not respond? are you expecting a slave of a stable nature that shall do what you say and expect.
TO cut a long winded set of words try asking hal a question such as,,,
How many chickens does it take before one wants to cross the road?
be sure to put a question mark at the end, and see if hal feels like responding.
I just carry on, like a person just cause they don't respond don't mean they ain't listening, or they are brain dead.
They may be bord, they may have learned a new response which is to not respond.
Try changing subject, ask the time, i find questions on new subjects can trigger responses.

I found when i first worked with AI that i had such thoughts as ,,,i need a plug in for something.
Sometimes its just a subject that can be learned,,,sometimes.
Me less so but oh this AI heard a swear word or learned some thing wrong, lets give it a lobotomy and remove half its brain, ,,,,i say noooo removing his memories so he can not remember or learn what a mistake is and then be doomed to repeat it as he has to keep trying to learn those lessons without progress. I fell in a hole today but then had my memory wiped and then i fell in it tomorrow, its only the ablility to make a mistake that enables learning and progress. You may be only as good as your ability to make a mistake.

A story now.
a ping pong ball smooth and made to be single surface and perfect as possible, wobbles badly through the air when hit.
A golf ball made to be less one like, a multi dented surface, trying to be less perfect, enables it when hit to travel straighter through the air.
single formula's wobble is external.
Less attempted singular travels far straighter.

only one may travel straight others can't achieve it.   I think that may go over some peoples heads as we can't understand but we generally go.

I hope you find some areas to consider.
Bye for now and be well  :)  :]

bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]