Author Topic: Problem with Hals's Age settings  (Read 5194 times)

ernieandbert

• View Profile
Problem with Hals's Age settings
« on: April 25, 2011, 07:33:52 am »
Hello dear comunity,
--------------------------
I've just tried to set Hal's Age in the the options menue.
But now I  get an error message when I try to talk to the app.

Error 13 on line 519 in column 5: Type Mismatch: 'HalBirthday' The file ...\Hal 6\Halscript.dbg has been saved with the current script beeing usef for debuuging purposes.

Can you help me ?

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: Problem with Hals's Age settings
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 10:00:48 am »
ernieandbert , i never heard of that problem with hals age plug in , maybe it's a corrupt file try to take it out download another one placeit in hal and restart hal over then go and check it in the menu .

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 04:52:36 pm »
it may be a value error, where a variable wasn't chosen in HAL's age settings, make sure all variables in HAL's age plug-in are chosen.

see if that solves the problem, if not then open up the HalScript.dbg and copy and paste the error line in question so we can help debug it.

Jerry

Cpt.Caps

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 05:08:50 am »
Greetings everyone,

since I didn't find a confirmed solution for this problem, I decided to ressurect the topic from the archives.

I recently installed Ultrahal and am facing the same problem as described. I checked and unchecked everything for this plugin and still get the error. Running Hal as an administrator didn't work, either. Running Hal in different compatibility modes didn't work, as well.

May I kindly ask for assistance?

Cheers

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 09:18:50 am »
Welcome!

If you Uncheck the AGE Plugin then Run Hal, does the Hal program work correctly?

What is your computer, OS (Win 7, 8, 10). Any Anti-Virus software that might be interfering?

If you get an error message of any kind, please post it so we might help you.

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Cpt.Caps

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 09:52:25 am »
Hello Art,

and thanks for the welcome and reply!

If I uncheck the age plugin and klick on apply and reactivate it and click on apply again it sometimes does work. Sometimes I have to repeat this step. But even if I can chat with HAL then, it didn't use the preferences I set in the age plugin.

I'm running an AMD Octacore with 16 GB DDR 3 RAM on Windows 7 Professional.

I wouldn't know why an antivirus would interfere here, since my trial hal back then didn't have that problem. Anyway, I am running Avira Antivirus. Therefore I haven't tried deactivating it, yet. (Will do so when I get back from work)

The error message is this:
Error 13 on line 519 in column 5: Type Mismatch: 'HalBirthday'
The file ...\Hal 6\Halscript.dbg has been saved with the current script beeing usef for debuuging purposes.

Line 519 of Halscript.dbg shows:
HalAge = DateDiff("yyyy", HalBirthday, Now)

...I also thought about setting the desired age and gender preferences manually, but wouldn't know where to change it.

Many thanks in advance

Cheers

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 08:11:28 am »
Cpt.Caps, Are you in the UK or outside the USA where you might be using a different date format other than MM-DD-YYYY ?

Just a shot. My script file shows exactly the same as yours. The Age plugin should work with the Trial version as well as the paid one, I would think.

Just to be sure...

Uncheck the Age / Gender plugin

Close Hal

Restart Hal.

Chat normally for a several lines of text, then ask Hal's age. You should get some non-pertinent answer.

Close Hal

Restart Hal

Select the Age/Gender plugin

Talk to Hal for several lines then ask Hal's age. Hal should respond with the age that YOU initially entered in his box.

##############

Did you do a fresh download / install or did you install an older version from your archives?

Leave an email for Robert Medeksza detailing your problem.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -