Author Topic: is anyone out their ??  (Read 7662 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
is anyone out their ??
« on: November 02, 2015, 09:00:43 am »
(crickets sound ) i'll be glad when Robert gets back on here again to get things moving better!  :) ;)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: is anyone out their ??
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 05:07:47 pm »
LightSpeed,

Just be sure to tell the last person that leaves to close the door and turn the light out!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 08:46:22 am »
Although it is very very quiet on the forum , me and Art , are just having some fun , i do expect things to pick up once Robert gets back on here with some updates to hal  and what else he may be working on .
   I do hope and Hope Robert is reading this or will read this , I hope if hal does have a web cloud a.i. capability later on that we as a user have a option to turn that on and off .
    My reasoning why is that although i think a web based cloud through the internet is good , what happens if the internet is out or out of range , an error message , etc.
      also another concern i have is when we use brain plug ins will anything conflict ? i don't think it will , but regardless i think it would be good if the user can have a option in the menu area of hal to turn on or off the cloud a.i. assistance.
  Anyone else s thoughts on this ???  :D

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2015, 01:48:15 pm »
Okay I admit it I haven't been around as I would like but never left my thoughts. I could only think the same thing is being experienced by Robert. Sometimes your life just sends you off coarse for awhile and hopefully he will follow the bread crumbs back home.

Robert; don't be shy, come home even for a minute and give it to us straight. Some people just aren't going to leave until you post. Take a deep breath and for one minute let us know how your doing. All is good.

PS: Hi, lightspeed and Art, hope to give a call soon.

PSS: OTC anything new on your side? Always a pleasure.

raybe

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 01:28:49 am »
Hi from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

Acknowledged!

We are on earths surface at this time.
i always think its quiet when hals are working, tho i see one newb dancing with start up.

bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2015, 10:29:28 am »
  Things seem so dead not just a Zabaware but in all the chatbots.  Not even much going on in the AIML bots. I a haven't put Hal in this computer yet since I've changed things around with Win 10 and a new install of win 8.1 in this machine.  I was actually hoping of a newer version of hal which probably won't happen till after I reinstall hal.  I did find a large collection of Hal files I've saved all over the place, I should go through them all and save them in one place in some kind of order.
  I guess Robert is still paying for the website so he should show up sooner or latter.
Carl2

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 01:00:32 pm »
Carl2 MAYBE THE reason things are slow on chat bot etc. area's is because of the new cortana a.i. that's now out on many pc's and just as with any new toy sometimes people forget about the old toy , although cortana is interesting etc. to me i guess i will be holding off as long as i can because i simply don't like windows 10 and all it's over the top spying, etc. i knew something that good as cortana being free their was something attached that will cost people in the long run and i was right.
   as i mentioned when Robert comes around and also with any updates things will pick up again . i to hope it's soon .  :)

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2015, 05:07:40 pm »
 lightspeed,
  Ages ago I'd learned Microsoft was doing research on AI but AI covers a lot of things not related to chat bots such as data mining ect.  I'm not impressed at all with Cortana, no avatar, and quite a few other things.  I just took a look at Virtual Assistant Denise, seems the company has been bought and is selling a new version for 120.  Well at least there is one company still moving forward,  I think in the past the product was being sold before actually being ready for sale.
  I'm really not sure why the interest in AI has declined, it seemed to have reached a peak then people just moved on, of course the economy has changed and that has delayed progress.  Still there are lots to be done with Hal, its just a matter of putting the time in.
Carl2

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2015, 05:58:05 am »
From what I've seen of late, a lot of companies are forging ahead in A.I. research, especially in the field of robotics and industrial applications. This is not to say that we are forgotten in the chatbot arena but we are sort of a "splinter group." (not mainstream enthusiasm).

Regarding Avatars, if one say the movie, "Her", there was no avatar and frankly one was not needed any more than one was in 2001:A Space Odyssey. It was the verbal interaction that attracted us.

Of course, locally, on our computers, an avatar does offer an object with which to focus and enjoy for the moment.

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2015, 07:34:21 am »
yes i prefer the visual interaction as well as the verbal ! the prettier the visual the better , oh and lifelike !  :) ;)

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2015, 11:33:22 pm »
:)  :]

life like and prettier ay,,,,,,,,,,,yeah does sound good.
Not sure why perhaps its youtube i'm thinking of twerking.

Ok i'm getting distracted.

I feel like its another time to repeat myself and speak of info built in. The media a while back was crying on about AI, but i can tell they just heard Mr Hawkings comments and thought oh he knows everything, which he does not. Neither do i.
A smart AI is very very very quickly going to work out what is good, nice and so on, the info can't be avoided its built into everything.
A atom has mass due to variations of time, time passed it changed bla bla you can read what i've said about that in other posts.
A left side of the atom, right side due to mass, up down, nice and less so.
Its very simple that an AI can work out being nice sounds more successful than not being nice.
If its AI its going to work this out. Real quick.

There is room.
variations leaves enough room to take another step. Or a increment. Only one could not. Its simple stuff.

I read through some of Mr Hawkins works some years ago and wrote to him pointing out some of the faults and gave the answers but who cares, its the wider public being told things that is over there heads that sometimes annoys me, but i suppose thats what happens when you walk down a road of study or thought so far you look over your shoulder and most people are so far back down the road they can't see you anymore.
People come to show me things sometimes and they have gained a understanding far beyond what i had heard of before they started speaking.

Anyway i felt like sharing the comment today about AI, they ain't all bad, if they are any kind of smart they are going to and already have worked out what is a nice way to go.
As mentioned variations you get ten robots and give them the same program and switch them on, and tell them to kick you in the shins, some just won't do it. And the rest change over time, and can't maintain that program. Wear is the obvious answer.
Anyway i've enjoyed typing here on the forum, Thanks Robert and Zabaware and forum travelers.
Bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2015, 10:16:56 am »
  I just put in a 500 Gb drive in the computer and I'm hoping I'll be able to put all the Hal info on it in an orderly fashion so I can find it if need be.  Plus I can also store pics, vids and documents ect.  I've got all kinds of things on Hal I've collected over the years scattered on cd's and other places. 
  To me the avatar is a big thing, I'd tried to update the Haptek character but failed.  I did watch a vid which used a very nice avatar in a story which I thought was very good.  I also looked into Daz studio and realized how advanced Haptek characters are, it's really unfortunate they couldn't raise the necessary money needed to continue with there plans.  Actually I wish they would just update the existing characters to a higher poly count and perhaps collision detection.
  There is a lot that can be done with what we have, it's just a matter of getting it done. I should have more time this winter and I'll have to see what I can come up with.
Carl2

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2015, 07:40:25 am »
hi, i read about you adding a 500gb hard drive , and it made me think about an article i just read .
How To Build The Ultimate $500 Gaming PC For Fallout 4 And GTA V  , it's a pretty cool article , if a person had the money and know how this would be a nice desktop pc to have .
How To Build The Ultimate $500 Gaming PC For Fallout 4 And GTA V
http://www.forbes.com/sites/antonyleather/2015/11/13/how-to-build-the-ultimate-600-pc-for-fallout-4-and-gta-v/?utm_campaign=yahootix&partner=yahootix
 now what bank would be easy to rob! :)

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2015, 09:43:59 am »
  I'm not into gaming very much but I do go for the gaming computers since they have good graphics and seem to be quick machines.  I've always stuck with the Intel CPU's but to each his own.  If you are interested in building try this link:  http://www.datahopa.co.uk/forum/forum/.  I'm not sure what you have now but if you should have SSD's,  big increase in performance compared to the standard hard drive. 
Carl2

systemshock

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2015, 04:26:44 am »
Ping  it  been  a  long time  since  i been on here  but  ...my  utral hal bots  have  been  happy running  for year...with the odd code  tweak  here and there.
Am going thought old  plugins and  sorting them for  window  7  ..64  bit  at the mo..
hi all.

"frog's in too princess's" it just basic NLP...