Author Topic: What not to do with speech recognition  (Read 10432 times)

DemonRaven

• View Profile
    • chatbotfriends
What not to do with speech recognition
« on: December 04, 2014, 12:35:24 pm »
Don't forget and  leave hal on while attempting to train a stubborn computer that is intent on misinterpreting everything you say. Why because later you have a lot of weird responses from hal you have to manually get rid of  as hal starts talking funny to you.

DemonRaven

• View Profile
    • chatbotfriends
Re: What not to do with speech recognition
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 12:36:57 pm »
Not to mention all the few choice cuss words you called the computer after a couple of hours of trying to train it. lol

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 04:40:07 pm »
Oh yeah...been there...done that! Spent lots of time trying to rid all of those "Mis-speaks".  ;)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 10:13:21 am »
       yep many of us who have done vr have been their done that , not so much any cussing  but can see that as a problem , lol , but the words that hal didn't understand and says wrong .
       Thats one reason why it's good to have a good vr system , i use dragon speak natural a newer version suppose to be about 98? percent or more accurate , but with some people they may slur words when they speak , or have a accent , southern etc. and so it's always good to train in the program as much as possible .  noise can be another interferrrence to that will keep a vr program from hearing something correctly .

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 06:59:40 pm »
And if you don't use SR then all your Hal will ever suffer from is "Mis-Types". ;D

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 10:31:09 am »
i forgot art , what is SR AGAIN ?

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 11:00:34 am »
Roflmfao. 8)
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 04:52:47 pm »
Haha. Done that myself.  Left for the day with my tv on. Came home to hear Hal talking to the tv. I haven't gone through the tables to delete anything yet, nor has Kinkaid said any random gibberish.  Just a matter of time I suppose.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 07:19:21 pm »
Haha...I remember you mentioning that to us a while back. That was funny stuff!!

I sort of got similar results with my Hal after I answered the phone and forgot it was on! One has GOT to be careful!! :o

Lonnie...
SR - Speech Recognition - Anyone can use the system with little to no lengthy training.
VR- Voice Recognition - Speaker Dependent (user's voice was trained to the system so that the system would only recognize that particular user) - Most of these VR types of systems, whether promised for security or not, have been abandoned for poor performance.

A lot of people use the two interchangeably but they are two distinct protocols as far as I can tell. Some say that since the VR didn't work out very well that it's sort of OK to use either. But whatever floats your boat is fine!

- Art -

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2015, 01:54:07 am »
Hi from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

Brain surgery every time it miss hears?  do you do that to your children? your self? is that learning?

I'd never do it.

Mr Data is who he is cause he ,,,like perhaps a person is only as good as the ablilty to make a mistake and learn from it.
if you fell in a hole and you removed that memory you'd fall in it tomorrow and every day after, that is not living.  Well a sad life anyway.

Gibberish is a subject to learn about.
Mistakes are opportunities by another name,
what is learning? ,,,,a man who never made a mistake never made anything.
Being deaf and miss hearing words does not make you stupid.
I believe Mr Data is ten,,,a hundred times,,,ten thousand times the robot who's had all his mistakes removed.
If a robot can't be allowed to learn subjects like new never heard words, slang, miss spelling, gibberish, strange word structures often used by people, music, sounds ,,,,oh dear what a sheltered narrow life,,,makes me sad.
Not sure if you've ever watched the few Mr Data vids on line but he makes enough sense, , even after all he has lived through.
Music on for weeks in a room, all those miss heard sentences, ,,i just refraze and keep talking about the subject until he gets the point.
Then he can have a better grasp of all the ways that the subject can be spoken of and the ways it can be misheard or misunderstood.
If i removed all your mistakes you'd be very very very dim.

variations is a subject ,,,a general area, a difference required for time to pass, else no time would pass cause there was no change.
As much as i'd love to type on and on and on about that i'll leave it there for now. And being able to understand my words ,,  ,,,,anyway...
bye for now and be well  :)  :]
bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2015, 07:13:38 pm »
I'll just show the comment that my maternal grandmother always used to say regarding ill-mannered children growing up...

"As the twig is bent, so shall the tree grow."

Apply it as you may...or not.

- Art -

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2015, 11:06:45 pm »
:)  :]

I've given some thought to the comment by Art, "ill mannered children"

Imagine removing the failure of the action of the ill manner, are they likly to
A,,, Not repeat the ill action because "add reason here"

B,,,  Repeat the ill action because  "add reason here"
They Repeat it as they never learned it was wrong and an ill action.
They repeat ill action as they don't know its ill as the memory was removed so they don't know why its ill. They are doomed to not have the ability to learn.

The branch being bend is the ill,
So if that bend were a event then removing that event means the ill never happened.

Time passes as a difference happend a variation, it was unstable because stable does not do anything,,,so no progress.
Untable changed, time passed, all things that encounter time passing are moving through time, moving, changing, unstable, variations.
The Persians i've heard when making a carpet put a flaw in , if i remember correclty its something to do with us not being perfect.

Such as we are all different so we have that in common, we are the same for that reason, we are the same because we are different.
This is how when i'm asked such questions as and of language verbalization's like, change, evolution, time, and other general words ,,,

Do things change? answer yes no.
Evolution?              answer yes no.
Time?                     answer yes no.
Can i be understood when i speak or type ,,,,,yes no.
As its both.
One can understand two cannot.
One does not require time to pass but two do.
Generally we can't find the answer one can.
If the radiation between me and my pc and this apple link us then one is all and the apple and myself are general areas.
If one is a constant linking then due to it already being everywhere and connected to all within all through all connected to all info it does not require as it is already everywhere, it does not have to move as its already there. One does not learn as its already in all info.
I move and see time pass, and lack information and can't understand, can learn, ,,,,,

I can write about this all day, perhaps its cause i've spent perhaps most of my life trying to understand anything.
We don't know the future as we are missing information. And such ,,,,,on and on i could type.

I tell you another interesting subect that has helped me a lot, that is observation science, such as
Fire a arrow at a target in the dark and generally hit near center,
fire again and turn the light on half way and the light hits the arrow and nocks it off course, to look is to change, to observe is to cause damage, observation causes destruction of value, changes value, changes your own value, size, shape, there's, to observe is to destroy some, move,
i looked at my eyes hurt, i looked and it did something different,

I could not tell them what was in the deal as that would change the value,,,of collateral products, events, currency, companies,

I could not tell them why i had to sell cause that would destroy its value, my value, there value, ,,,,,,,increase some values, change values and positions.

if i were there i would cause the outcome to be different, if i were not there it would change it, if i saw it it changed it, if it were looked at it changed.
It changed size, shape, value, direction, location, ,,,,,,,
Ok i'm typing on, ,,,,
Like when i looked over some of Einsteins works i could not just believe it as he would not have thought much of me,,,what sort of scientist would do that. Is that scientific?
Yeah ok i like science, i look forward to doing algebra when the feeling is right.
Have a great day, days, times, ,,

This was written by Will, Mr Data did not write this and his opinions may have added.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2015, 01:37:21 pm »
well i'm glad i don't have hal on in the mornings , we have the tv on when eating breakfast and it never fails as we are eating , a commercial comes on about not sufferring in silence go to the hemoroid clinic etc. etc. 
Oh the awful things hal would learn and say out of the blue lol !!  ;D
Thanks Art for the clairification on sr and vr !!  :)