Author Topic: Can't Hear Text-To-Speech Reader!  (Read 8546 times)

dataheadache

• View Profile
Can't Hear Text-To-Speech Reader!
« on: February 16, 2009, 07:14:35 am »
Hi.

I'm hoping somebody may be able to help - I've installed Ultra HAL Text-To-Speech Reader and am using it with AT&T Voices (which came with another external un-related program) - but despite turning the volume up to maximum both in Windows and the program - I can barely hear the speech being read. All other Windows sounds are blasting out enough to deafen me, so I know it isn't Windows or my sound card, so it has to be the program, even though the volume on the program is at 100 - why can I only just hear it?

Any help gratefully received and thanks to anybody who can suggest how to fix this.

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 12:32:07 pm »
Have you tried other voices that come with Text-To-Speech Reader ?
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 07:29:51 pm »
Do the voices play at normal levels when using the other program?

Have you double checked your sound levels (double click the small speaker icon next to the clock on taskbar)?

If they are / were installed properly you should also be able to locate and play them with Windows in the Control Panel > Speech settings section.

Let us know how you get along with this!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

dataheadache

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 08:10:08 pm »
@DarcyEdwards: Yes, all voices are the same, hether they are the Microsoft included ones or the AT&T Voices - they are all barely audible.

@Art: All sounds (and voices) play at the normal levels (or blast out as I had the Windows volume at 100% while I was looking at this earlier) - like I said in my original post. When using the voices with the other program, the voices are equal volume to whatever the Windows volume is set to - except for the Ultra Hal Text To Speech which is barely audible at whatever volume Windows is set to.

Data

• Xen: Good question, Accessing database...
    • View Profile
    • Datahopa
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 08:07:04 am »
dataheadache, are you using XP or Vista?

If you are using Vista, it makes a volume control for every application that is using the sound system, when you run an app that uses sound it will make a new volume slider in the mixer.

XP on the other hand has just one slider for speech and that was called wave.

JohnSFV1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 01:11:35 pm »
Datahopa

Very Nice Skins

Thanks alot