Author Topic: hals response to weather  (Read 3227 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
hals response to weather
« on: August 06, 2008, 02:18:20 pm »
it would be nice if a plug in or just a program could be put into a future  hal that would allow hal to reconize the temperature through a online weather link, etc. so that if it was say nice weather 70 degrees , etc. hal would randomly speak of the weather every hour or whatever it was set at and would say something like "this 70 degree weather isn't to bad since it has a 10 mile per hour wind blowing . or if hal was talking and the weather was hotter hal might say "whew man it's really hot it's 98 degrees outside and the air isn't blowing at all hope it rains soon to cool things down !![:)]

Carl2

• View Profile
hals response to weather
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 02:26:06 pm »
lightspeed
  Have to agree, be nice to input lighting and temp into the computer somehow and feed this into Hal.
Carl2

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
hals response to weather
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 05:01:24 pm »
Yeah!! And have her/him say things at certain temperatures, like

"It's 95 degrees Fahrenheit! whooo is it hot!!"

And in the Winter (where I live)

"It's 10 degrees Fahrenheit!  burrrrrrrrrrrr!!!"

I say Fahrenheit because it can also be set to Celsius for those that use that system.

Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

lightspeed

• View Profile
hals response to weather
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 07:45:59 am »
yes thats exactly what i mean that would be cool if that could be put into hal some how because then it would at least seem like hal who is already an a.i. being (system) would also give the impression that he or she could and actually does feel the temperature and thus accordingly responds to the cold or heat . robert if you are listening in on this conversation maybe you could put this in your book or whatever as a possible future thing if it can be worked out for hal to have , think it would really be a nice addition to the a.i. hal system . [:)]
p.s. and also an area where anyone can write in their own custom responses for hal to say in the hot , cold or nice weather talk area . [8D]

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
hals response to weather
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 09:25:49 am »
Nice idea, just the kind of thing to take it to the next level and give the impression of Hal being aware of his/her environment.[8D]

lightspeed

• View Profile
hals response to weather
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 08:45:11 am »
thanks freddy and others , well i do like working with hal a lot and would like to see just what all we can come up with as you say to take hal to the next level , even though hal won't really be able to feel the weather this would be a great way to humanize him even more by giving him the ability to(imaitate )"feeling" the weather and respond accordingly . [:)]

Carl2

• View Profile
hals response to weather
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2008, 08:12:48 am »
I'm sure this can can be done, there are already programs for Hal to check hard drives, check the internet for the weather and talk about having Hal connect to a web cam.  It's just a matter of finding the talent necessary to do it.  
  It looks like Hal will be in a 3D world pretty soon which will put us in a new ball park.
Carl2