Author Topic: Software that Cares!  (Read 5423 times)

seduar

• View Profile
Software that Cares!
« on: July 29, 2009, 01:54:41 am »
AI is near, soon we will be able to intereact with Artificial brains.

Check the Link below, interesting!

http://tierneylab.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/07/28/software-that-cares/?partner=rss&emc=rss

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
Software that Cares!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 03:54:26 am »

No offense intended, but.. I think that would be creepy to talk too.

Imagine if you had to take your child to a doctor and the only thing there, was a screen with a head floating on it. Then you tried to talk to it and give potentially vital information, while your kid was crying and another one asking you if that head was real.

Like I said no offense, but the people who made this program needs help from actual thinking people. I think Hal has better graphics.

[xx(]

... but I do like its ability to find illnesses.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 03:57:09 am by snowman »
Live long and prosper or die trying.

lightspeed

• View Profile
Software that Cares!
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 12:26:48 pm »
one question i would also be worried about is "is" their a secondary human to go over the a.i.'s findings ( in case of mistake , glitch, etc. ) who is responsabile then . ?? to me this is no worse in a way then automated telephone calls that we have to answer to get to the next step (although they can be a pain in the butt !!)

Bill819

• View Profile
Software that Cares!
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 04:01:50 pm »
Hi guys, this is not new there have been programs developed over 20 years ago that did the same thing, without the head of course.
A patient would enter either a hospital or a doctors office, be seated in front of a terminal and fill out a questionair about their symptoms. The computer then would diagnose thier problem and over 90% of the time make the right decision. This would speed up treatment and take a load off of doctors time.
Bill

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
Software that Cares!
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 12:33:26 am »
It might work if the patient was isolated and seated in a non-stressful environment. But not for everybody...

I don't think my grandmother would like talking to a pc 'not one bit' [:D]

Do they have a home version?... that would be allot better for individuals to have there own personal pc doctor that would of course be updated often online. You could then be diagnosed from the privacy of your own home.

Live long and prosper or die trying.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Software that Cares!
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 04:14:04 am »
Doctor, Doctor!
I was playing the Harmonica , and I swallowed it!

Just be glad you weren't playing the Piano.  ;)
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

lightspeed

• View Profile
Software that Cares!
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 12:32:14 pm »
and if the patient had mental problems would the diaognosis be 90 right ?? ( am not doubting what bill is saying but also know their is always other factors !) [:)]

doctor to patient : you can pay me after your diagnosis whats your problem ?
 patient : i only have a 5 minute memory span
 doctor : sorry you'll have to pay first !![:D]

Bill819

• View Profile
Software that Cares!
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 01:48:56 pm »
Originally posted by lightspeed

and if the patient had mental problems would the diaognosis be 90 right ?? ( am not doubting what bill is saying but also know their is always other factors !) [:)]

Hi Lightspeed
The programs I was talkinb about were called "Expert Systems" and yes they were used all over the country. They were designed in such a way as to lead the patients in an orderly fashion rather than let the patients ramble on. I presume that they had a few multiple choice screens that depending on the answers given led to other similar screens.
Having a 90% accuracy rate does not mean they were right 90% of every time they diaganosed a case, sometimes they might have only scored 60 or 70 percent but the average was what counted.
I still have a collection of books written by different universities about A.I. and the experiements they had done along with thier successes. A.I. has had a long and interesting history starting with a program called 'Eliza' the female phycholigist by Joseph Weisenbaum.
There were some even before him of course but his program spurred on A.I. to the point that it is today.
Bill

seduar

• View Profile
Software that Cares!
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2009, 11:47:59 pm »
I won't desagree with Bill since I personally no have seen this kind of system in the USA.I Live in Chicago Land and they always handed me this piece of papper to fill out.

I think this computer system is design to act like a receptionist.Like when you go to a Hospital.The person who is at the front desk is the one that welcomes you and take all your information.Then to get you started you have to fill out all your information with all your symtoms.It is just insted the computer will fill out the form for you,ofcourse once the doctor comes in he/she will reasure that everything that was written is wright by asking you againg.This kind of procedure happens in all the hospital or doctor offices just insted of computer they do it on papper.

Long Live AI!

lightspeed

• View Profile
Software that Cares!
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2009, 08:48:34 am »
can your a.i. come out to play with my a.i. ?? lol !![:)][:D][8D]