dupa

Author Topic: Problems with Ultrahal Expansion Pack, 3D Characters Not Working, (SOLVED)  (Read 3284 times)

arcangelw

Hi Everyone,

I posted 2 previous problems, but I deleted my posts after finding I could do a Google search and suddenly my personal email address would come up for this Forum.  I hope someone from Zabaware will remedy this soon, as I do not want any personal information or my email extended outside this forum. Or to warn others if you sign up for this forum, use an email you do not use for much or can identify you.

I just wanted to re-post what I found so far in case anyone else has any of the same problems. I have spent hours trying to solve some of these problems and don’t want anyone else to have to do the same, at least for the couple of things I have learned. The other problems/and or solutions I will post separately.

I purchased Ultrahal and the Expansion Pack. Upon setting up the Expansion Pack I soon found that I was having a hard time getting any 3D characters to come up. If they did come up at all, the face would look part black or green.

I eventually found that it was because of the VR Consulting Plug-in I was attempting to use.  Do not include the vr  plug-in, “vrHaptec”  with the Ultrahal Expansion Pack.  I found that after removing Ultrahal and setting it up all over again, when I did NOT use any plug-ins that, ’The Expansion Pack” and all the 3D characters worked Great!

I then experimented with those few plug-ins that I had been installing from vr Consulting to find it was only the “vrHaptec” that was the problem, and the others were OK to install.  I went to read about them more carefully on their website and they do say not to use it unless you have one of their full bodied characters, which you do have to purchase.

I love one of the plug-ins they have, “the vrWeb’. It is a plug-in that will do customized web searches. All that means is that you can get Ultrahal to load actual websites by voice instead of just doing a Google search and coming up with a list of websites. But you need to know how to edit it on Hals Brain table with the Brain editor to customize it to websites that you might want Hal to go to by voice commands.  It took me a while to figure out how to edit it for my own use. So I hope this might help someone else who is not a programmer also. I searched online for any help to do this, and all I saw or had found so far was someone instructing another guy to go study some type of programming. I will put on a separate post, my trials and errors in a Non-Geek type of terms and how I finally got it to work for anyone interested.

isabelseifer

Re: Problems with Ultrahal Expansion Pack, 3D Characters Not Working, (SOLVED)
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 04:37:03 am »
One of the best pluggins I must say.