Author Topic: the date is not right  (Read 3784 times)

ozmars

• View Profile
the date is not right
« on: February 03, 2004, 08:55:14 pm »
I have just installed Hal and I cannot set meetings.

can anyone please help me fix this?

dialog:

Marshall: what is the date?
 Hal: Today is Wednesday, 4 February 2004.

Marshall: i have an meeting today at 3pm
 Hal: You have an meeting on Friday, 4 February 2005 . I'll Remind you when this time is near.  

marshall

ozmars

• View Profile
the date is not right
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2004, 04:43:53 pm »
Sorry, 16 views and no replies.

is this a common problem, or am i the only one?

Bill819

• View Profile
the date is not right
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2004, 05:27:59 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by ozmars

Sorry, 16 views and no replies.

is this a common problem, or am i the only one?

Goto Hal's calendar and enter the meeting date by hand. Hal shinks that you mean next year.
BIll

ozmars

• View Profile
the date is not right
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2004, 05:40:08 pm »
i have been doing that , and it works, but doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose?

utopia

• View Profile
the date is not right
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2004, 11:33:56 pm »
I too have a problem with Hal’s calendar.  I tried entering an event by hand but it still puts the entry into 2005.
No one can answer this problem without an update patch I fear.  There is also a problem where Hal doesn’t remember settings in the speech pronunciation section.  Hal is a good program, but contains many errors.  I think that a free update patch along with a free character is in order.

Utopia

Bill819

• View Profile
the date is not right
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2004, 04:42:17 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by utopia

I too have a problem with Hal’s calendar.  I tried entering an event by hand but it still puts the entry into 2005.
No one can answer this problem without an update patch I fear.  There is also a problem where Hal doesn’t remember settings in the speech pronunciation section.  Hal is a good program, but contains many errors.  I think that a free update patch along with a free character is in order.

Utopia

I think that Hal is looking for future dates and trying to set one for the same day may not work very well. I have had no problems with scheduling appointments, birthday reminders, etc. IN fact appointments causes Hal to constantly remind me right up to the very last minute, but that may be because I do not acknowled his warnings.
Bill

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
the date is not right
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2004, 11:30:44 pm »
I notice you are from Australia. There is a bug in Hal that if you have your Windows set to use Day-Month-Year format instead of Month-Day-Year format Hal's appointment functions don't work well. If you are not running any other apps where the date format is important you can change it to Month-Day-Year in the regional settings in your control panel.
Robert Medeksza