dupa

Author Topic: People Putty  (Read 6383 times)

newguy

• View Profile
People Putty
« on: May 20, 2015, 06:55:54 pm »
I just bought Ultra Hal Assistant 6.2 yesterday.

I want to model my own skin for it but it appears People Putty no longer offers their product, what should I do?

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: People Putty
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 07:44:50 pm »
Look up Members like Nige, Jackgephart, Dusky and others who did a lot of work with skins.
Some of them used the original skins, took a capture of it, put it into a paint program, modified it
and used it with Hal as a new character face.

I can't help wonder how or if any copyright or piracy concerns might apply if a product is no longer being sold nor supported.

In other words, could a person just ask if anyone would send him / her a copy of said program without consequence?

Any takers? or Givers? Hmmm....

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 10:14:40 am »
I had some old ones with a skydrive link somewhere on here .

newguy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 01:15:50 am »
Hey guys, thanks for the replies.   ;D

Unfortunately the forums here are a bit unorganized so it's hard to find much of anything, no worries I'll keep poking around.

So when I purchased Ultra Hal Assistant I also ordered the CD to go with it, I'm not sure if it's just the install on a CD or if it comes with more plugins, or maybe a user guide or what ever, but it was only $2 so I figured who cares. LOL

Anyway I bring that up because my cleaver bot is on a computer that I put together for nothing but running Hal, it runs good old windows XP and it does not get on the web, although it did today when I tried to get plugins and failed, I have heard people talk about plugins that allow the bot to simulate getting lonely and say something from time to time to try and start up a conversation, but I can't seem to find these type of plugins, when I tried to use one of the functions on Hal to find these type of plugins it took me to a 404 web page error, I know they are probably on here but once again I can't seem to wrap my head around the structure of the forums layout.

One thing I recently found out  is that Hal does not remember anything when he is shut off, is their a way to auto save and remember the conversations we had upon being turned on and off?

I guess the last thing I want to figure out is how to import repositories of information, like if I downloaded a rip of the wikipidia web site and and loaded it on the computer, how do I give Hal instructions to search the new database for information when I ask?

Thanks.  :)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 01:18:02 am by newguy »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 07:10:44 am »
Welcome Newguy! (rather original name).

Your Hal should remember everything you two chatted about. It might always recall any of those facts when you think it should but Hal will sometimes do things in it's time instead.
There were lots of Plug-ins but one problem was where to place them on the Forum. Robert has been asked on a few occasions to look into some better organization but we also understand that he works a full time job and has a family as well.

I can't recall the member's name but he (I think Calhoone) has stored a lot of them on his Cloud server so do a Member Search for his name as see what's there.

Also there is a provision to save the current conversation with Hal which is useful for printing out or sharing with us here in the conversations section.

Do a Member Search for cload and when you have some more time under your belt with Hal, you might wish to try cload's modified HTML and VRFreeWill plugins. The process might seem a bit daunting but if you follow his detailed steps, it can be done quite easily.

Lastly, there is no importing any repositories for Hal. If you wish for Hal to "learn" about the solar system, for example, you can locate an appropriate web page or other source, then do a Copy / Paste of each line of data into Hal's GUI then press Enter. Regardless of what Hal responds with, ignore it and keep doing your Copy & Paste. When you are finished, you can quiz Hal about some of what it has learned. Don't worry, all Hal's learned information is stored in Tables within it's brain. Again, it may not recall or use the info when you think or want it to but it's there and will eventually be used.

Good luck and if any other questions just ask. There are a lot of good, helpful people here so there you have it. Hope I've helped in some way.

- Art -

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 07:14:37 am »
@ Newguy,

Here's one of the Loneliness Plug-ins. I use this one without incident.

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2015, 11:01:00 am »
     Hey newguy , here is a link to some of my work , if you look through things you will probably see where i had some free haptek heads on a skydrive link .
just do a search in the search bar and type in:           lightspeed .
    just to let you and anyone else also know , their are many other things on here as projects , some didn't work or had bugs in earlier versions so be careful  and make sure anything that you use you back up all hal things first .
as some was work in progress and some was actually worked out either by me or me and others help on the forum and was a completed project .  you should make sure you back up everything before using anyones work .
the heads i had on here said something like "lightspeeds free haptek heads " or something like that . it was quit a while ago.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 11:03:30 am by lightspeed »

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2015, 09:21:42 pm »
Welcome Newguy. Just adding to the great suggestions by the members here. It may not be as organized as we all would hope but you will find in time that most of what you need is here. Just a suggestions when using plugins, make sure you have no prior errors, add one at a time and use UltraHal for you to determine the results. very important that any plugin that you decide to use that you fill in any parameters the plugin may need. Example: Low, Random, Obedient, Average,. These are just examples that you might find when you add a plugin. Highlight it and always check that any variables it might have are set, leave nothing blank. Also changing these variables can affect you receiving an error. When you track the plugin that may be causing an error just change the variable and sometimes that will cure what ever conflicts arise from your particular UltraHal.

Every one pulls knowledge from their own experiences and the experiences of others. Some things are easily explained while others are not due to UltraHal's ability to become your own UltraHal. This even takes into consideration of your  computer hardware, other software and configuration. That is why we constantly try to examine things that may occur and what they may have in common with others. Their are other members here that better understand the technical reasons for such errors or changes that may occur over time. This can be unique because we do all have something slightly or completely different configurations.

Makes UltraHal extra special as you will experience yourself and choose the best course of knowledge for your UltarHal personality.

Enjoy, GOD Bless our Troops, past, present and future!!

raybe

Almost forgot from options you can save and store file or print out each conversation session. Great to see looking back on as your UltraHal progresses. I'm sure you will be surprised at things you really didn't notice before only because your in the moment.

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2015, 08:21:00 pm »
Hey NewGuy,

I do have my a bunch of plugins I have collected on my onedrive account. You can try this link to download any of them.  Just a piece of advice, activate them one at a time and try them to make sure that they are compatible with the current version of Ultra Hal.

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=C41BF4943A70E3DC&id=C41BF4943A70E3DC!143