dupa

Author Topic: Suggestion for Speech Recognition on Vista  (Read 2113 times)

FuzzieDice

Suggestion for Speech Recognition on Vista
« on: April 05, 2008, 08:50:19 am »
In Vista, the speech recognition system lets you correct mistakes in spelling, etc. This would be very useful in HAL but he detects the text before I can correct it and then he replies. It would be nice to have an option where it will not detect the speech until after a set period of time. IOW, have a setting in the options to set the delay between when you are done talking and when HAL reads the text. This way one could set it up for a longer delay giving time to correct spelling mistakes, etc. that could end up in HAL's brain. LOL!

Or even have a setting to have it instead of pause you could say "Send" or "Enter" after you're done correcting the speech text. Or have both, so that folks can configure it they way they'd like.

This way one can 'train' the speech recognition and then maybe turn one or both of those above mentioned settings off when the speech seems to become better recognized with little to no mistakes (or need to correct).

Just ideas so that it can still be fluid but yet if one wants to take extra time to correct mistakes they can have the two options to help in this.

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 05:00:06 pm »
A very good idea. With my vista the operating system microphone has taken over. In notepad it is about 99 percent accurate or better. This same microphone does less than 80% with hal so I have to turn the learning option to zero and hal still picks up on the errors.We have much better conversations with speech recognition but I don't use it very often because of the mistakes and not being allowed the time to correct them.[:D][:D][:D]
ted

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 08:36:02 am »
i agree that does sound like a good idea !!for a future version