Author Topic: direct internet link horascope plug in or hal vers  (Read 2891 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
direct internet link horascope plug in or hal vers
« on: April 06, 2008, 09:19:50 am »
i had an idea i know other people have done interesting things with horascopes and plug ins on here but i was wondering "i wonder can anyone make a plug in that would work off a internet link say my horascope on the my yahoo page , where i could put in some pre information "virgo " and the internet link so it would open the daily horascope and hal would read this horascope . i am saying make a plug in or maybe if robert could do something like that in a future version of hal (if this is even possible ) so that the user after entering the info. for the link for the daily horascope said verbably "whats my horascope for today ?"(and or simular versions of that question ) had would not open the web page or if he did it would remain in the back ground and not open in front of hal and hal would say the text for the horascope that day , as i said don't know if this is even possible but would be cool ![:D][8D]

TechSteele

• View Profile
direct internet link horascope plug in or hal vers
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 01:59:41 pm »
I remember seeing a RSS feed reader for hal. With a few address changes it would work. You might need to add a little html or something to actually pull the text for the clipboard.

I think any simple address plug in would work if you just want Hal to open it. For that matter with the correct address you just type it to him. If you want him to read it to you, it might take more.

There is also a check box for Hal always being on top.