Author Topic: Accidental deletion  (Read 3152 times)

Playden

• View Profile
Accidental deletion
« on: November 17, 2004, 10:33:59 pm »
I bought and downloaded the Upgrade... but later had problems... so I (foolishly) deleted all to start over again... Although I was able to solve my previous problems.... I now only have the free version...  If I go to Upgrade again...it tries to charge me again... How to do I fix this....Is there a way I can download again... I do have the password... but cant get to a point where I can download the full version... without getting charged.
Paul Layden, Ph.D.

rocketman183

• View Profile
Accidental deletion
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2004, 08:56:06 am »
I purchased 2 versions of HAL in the past, both on CD. The latest version purchased, was last year, HAL 4.5.

I have had to request a new password before for the CD version as well, as I purchase a new PC about this time every year. It's nevewr been easy to get this password from the company, which they send via an E mail link. Well, I just purchased a new several weeks ago and again, I am in need of a pasword for re-install. Many requests to Zabaware with no replies. I have found this to be the norm when needing this service or getting ANY answers to be returned from the company directly.

I wish you better luck than I have had in the past sir.

Playden

• View Profile
Accidental deletion
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2004, 09:55:19 am »
Considering the very qood quality of those programs of ZABAWARE which I have that ARE functional... I am quite suprised and sorely disappointed that the technical support is a bad as it is. No REAL phone number (only a bot that takes messages)... No online support at all other than these forums...

It seems that a relatively small investment... 1 full time 9-5 person with very good knowledge of ZABAWARE should be available...  We're not talking about a computer whiz here...  I would think that the product is making sufficient income to afford this...

So it seems that there is only one any... the same we KNOW to be true of those machines we call HMO's.... "SAVE MONEY...No Matter What"...   Customer satifaction is resultantly very poor and eventually people WILL move on...  Is it worth it to the company... perhaps so... Hey, I'd be willing to pay $1.95 per minute (typical average) for technical support which would certainly pay for one person's salary...

Poor organization... lack of foresight.... or just plain 'ole American greed...  I dont understand it...
Paul Layden, Ph.D.

vonsmith

• View Profile
Accidental deletion
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2004, 12:28:36 pm »
Playden,
Here is a little background on our illustrious host, Robert Medeksza:

http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1535

After expenses I would be surprised if Robert clears more than $10,000  a year on Hal. I don't think greed is the motivator here. I admit the product support is marginal. Normally I wouldn't tolerate it. However this forum provides most of the support I need. Also Robert has proven to be responsive to his customer's requests for new features in each new version of Hal. I truly believe he cares about his product and his customers.

Maybe the next version of Hal will be the "next killer app" and Hal will become famous, Robert will become rich, and we'll all get tons of customer support.

=vonsmith=

Playden

• View Profile
Accidental deletion
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2004, 01:38:07 pm »
Thank you, and my apologies to Robert... I also believe this is "work in progress... and so far the results are very good... looking forward to the continued growth.
Paul Layden, Ph.D.