dupa

Author Topic: safe gaurds just in case of death  (Read 2406 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
safe gaurds just in case of death
« on: March 12, 2008, 10:45:22 am »
i know this is something very strange and probably uncomfortable for anyone but is their any safe gaurds in place in case anything should (god forbid ) ever happen to "robert the creator of hal ??" in another words in case of an untimely death what would happen with hal and the paid users ? i know some would say the users will just keep on using hal but it's not all as simple as that considering that some have trouble with hal giving errors and having to have a new serial number sent , if robert was not around these peoples hal would just stop pernamently . unless robert has someone who would know the work and info and take over in case of his death "say in a will" . although i am not robert but just so some of my work lives on i am sending updated copies of the angela brain i am working (now over 30 mbs ) to a friend of mine and told him to share it with anyone who wants it in the event of my own death . as anyone knows anything can happen and at anytime , a young guy in the community here was cutting a tree limb it came down against him pushed the chainsaw into his head "running" and the limb fell on his back he is having memory problems , etc. and can't be left by hisself now . so any way i was just wondering and maybe robert can answer the question of what would happen in a worst case senereo ?

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 04:00:55 pm »
We would be screwed, unless he has a person or people to take over.

But I hope I'm dead before I have to worry about that.[:D][:D][:D]

However, it would be a shame to put in all that hard work, and cannot use it anymore. I would hope someone would carry on my creations and conversations after I'm gone.

P.S. I'd like to hear Robert's response.[8D]
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 04:01:48 pm by markofkane »
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 04:58:20 pm »
Lonnie,

Man, you really come up with some great ponderings.

I can just see your friend talking with Angela...

Angela: Yes, that nice but where's Lonnie? I want to
talk with him.

User: Uhh..he's not here...he's...gone.

Angela: Gone? I'm afraid that's unacceptable. You need
to find him so I can talk with him.

Etc., etc.....

Even though Robert is by all standards, still a young man,
there are, as we all know, no guarantees in life.

I'm sure he has thought out some provision to be enacted
in the event of an untimely demise.

Here's lurking at you kid!!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 05:14:46 pm »
well i seem to always be pondering things most of the time i guess and it just accoured to me what if something happened to robert , like i said with no one to send the new registation code, etc. in case of glitches and they are still happening people would have lost all their hard work since they couldn't get hal to restart i know on the ols system i used to have "roxio go back it would put your whole system back just like it was on the hard drive before the problem (trouble was it also took any work off you had done or saved stuff etc. so back up was a must ) maybe this would work to get hal back (i don't know without having to do registration online problems )i too do hope robert answers and says something about this . like i said my friend has a back up of the brain i am working on and i have asked him to post it on the forum in case anything ever would happen to me so that others could copy it and use it if they wanted because i would like to see others to have it . [:D]