dupa

Author Topic: AT&T Voice options stuck in Hal  (Read 3971 times)

xombi

• View Profile
AT&T Voice options stuck in Hal
« on: September 28, 2010, 01:56:56 pm »
I have the at&t natural voice, crystal. In hal when choosing a vioce, there is an option button. On crystal I have several options, one being 'sample rate' I entered 1 in here to see what the difference would be compared to the default blank field. now crystal talks in fast speed....

i uninstalled hal, deleted the zaba folder, and uninstalled the voice. i re installed hal, restarted computer, re installed crystal voice, and that option in hal's voice options for crystal is still set at the sample rate of 1.

is my at&t voice in hal forever stuck at a super fast speed i cant understand? or is there a way i can somehow fix this?

please help, the voice is very realistic...and not cheap.

jasondude7116

• View Profile
Re: AT&T Voice options stuck in Hal
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 07:03:20 pm »
you might try entering a new sample rate value to get it to the right speed.
you might see if it is working good there. it might be a registry key for sapi. could be a few things.
you are using the sapi4 version of the voice if you are getting that screen and option. It is saving the sapi4 setup for the voice. i would try to use the tool in ultra hal to set it back.
you should also have the sapi5 version of the voice, as they come in a bundle. i suggest that over the one you are using, unless there is something i don't know about what you are using the voice for. the sapi 5 version has a tag (sapi5) next to the voice name.

xombi

• View Profile
Re: AT&T Voice options stuck in Hal
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 09:15:58 pm »
thanks for the reply. I do see the sapi5 voices as well. For some reason crystal is being strange, I cant access her advanced options menu in hal any longer. however i do have the audrey. I like the non sapi5 voices because they let me use the pronounciation option in hal where the sapi5 ones do not. I'll continue to use my audrey voice I suppose. I was hoping there would be some other path to reset this option to the default blank field.

initially i used crystal because audrey was not moving the mouth very well on my simone/ruby models, but now that crystal isnt working right, audrey seems to have fixed herself.....she's messing with me. ;P

its strange because for the sampling rate even just having the number 1 in there is fast forward, no matter what number i put it is the same fast forward speed. very strange. when i delete the field and try to save it as blank, the default, it continuously reverts back to what ever number was last saved.

but audrey and crystal are both very nice voices, so ill just be lazy i guess and stick with audrey. the pronounciation option is very nice, especially if you are teaching other language words mixed in with your vocabulary.