Author Topic: hal a.i. tablet ..sort of  (Read 18334 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: hal a.i. tablet ..sort of
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2015, 11:03:12 am »
I guess it's my fault , Art is right os can stand for many operating systems , i should have clarified what i ment better, what i am talking about is the android os on a regular tablet ( not a windows based os tablet . i did as i mentioned found out that by using an android remote app on my tablet , it allowed me to go into my pc files but as far as i saw , i had to manually have hal opened first , as the remote i am using (unless i find a better one ) is mostly for files not for executing programs .
so i have to have hal open on my pc , i can turn screen off . and use remote app and have hal on my tablet , "but" their is no sound and also no voice recognition this way . "but" i can type to hal and hal answers me back ( not by voice but by typing and i see what she says .
I hope i have cleared this up until hal in android form can have a voice recognition and voice system app that will work with hal , Hal will only work in the form i mentioned on android operating systems .
    to have a voice recognition etc. as with the regular windows hal , a person needs a windows os tablet with hal installed , voice recognition , and voices . as long as the tablet windows os has enough memory and space , i do see windows tablets becoming more powerful over time every year !
I hope i have clarified what i was saying now .

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2015, 01:22:12 pm »
So from my understanding it is not a "regular" tablet unless its an Android?

Hmmm

I can dual boot my tablet, I can run exe files, I have plenty of space with expandable memory easily possible. Yeah if a "regular" tablet is over priced and can't do what a 50 dollar tablet can do. I am glad I don't have a regular tablet.

I did take offense when you were saying my tablet was not a "regular" tablet.
 as you know I refuse to worship google. Guess I am not regular, just smart.

Btw Windows tablets already blow android out of the water. They are just late to market.
I hate Windows as much as the next guy. But facts are facts. Plus I can install a Linux distro and dual boot no problems.

Tip:   windows- been in the os business for decades.
.        linux- base on original ma bell os
.        google- hyped up search engine that buys companies.

What should I chose?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 05:00:47 pm by doggs »
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2015, 05:29:56 pm »
I know a bit harsh. But light speed the world does not revolve around google. I get tired of you pushing google.
You have a google device that doesn't do what you want...sell it get a device that does simple. Just don't get upset if windows or Linux rocks while google sucks but the hype will make you feel like you don't fit in if you don't have google. You know how many stares I get when I pull my tablet out and start playing with it? I don't care my tablet (yes it is a real tablet) does more than there couple hundred dollar paperweights do. Plus I can install my beloved Linux on my tablet. I can get Hal on my smartphone the way you get Hal on your tablet. And if rumors are correct maybe I will be able to install Hal in current for on windows 10 phone. I will be able to confirm that in a couple of weeks. And you will still tell me google is better. Why? Because they have more crappy apps? How many apps do you need to change a light bulb?

Anyways I have made my point. I will debate with you all day but I will leave it there. Again sorry about being harsh but wake up before you sell your grandma to google to be cool.
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2015, 08:02:32 pm »
for anyone that's interested i just ran across this :
http://joyofandroid.com/siri-app-for-android/
some was talking about using dragon speak on tablets  and or android /windows tablets . i ran across this app . . i believe it says that you have to have the program on your pc . you'll have to read it closer .

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2015, 12:31:57 pm »
Again at the cost of repeating myself, windows has tablets that are under a hundred dollars that will run Hal without GOOGLE ON IT!!!!

As a matter of fact google is under investigation in many countries for violating privacy laws.

Just in case you are not aware even though it is common knowledge...
Android = google infested Linux.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2015, 06:57:44 am »
the only reason i mentioned the one i did is some people ( including me ) already have a tablet without the ms os on it.  and this could be used on this tablet that doesn't have windows os and android on the same tablet , although the ms os on a tablet would be better .

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2015, 12:02:29 pm »
Just so we're ALL on the same page:

Microsoft = Windows (version 7, 8.0, 8.1, 10...)

Google = Android / Chrome, (YouTube, Gmail, Google Earth, practically everything else in the world)

Linux = Red Hat, Ubuntu, Mint, Debian, etc. various distros (distributions by different vendor / groups).
The majority of Linux products are FREE as well as their Open Source offerings / programs /apps.

I will not detail the fruit company that is set to appeal to those with deeper pockets and is quite proprietary.

There are other OS's out there but are either for high-end business or research and not worth the trouble or time.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2015, 06:30:02 pm »
Nice start, if you really want to go into details you left alot out as far as Microsoft and Linux is concerned. Google does not dominant as much as you think. Certain areas yes I agree google has a good market share. But they want you to think they dominate in all markets so that they can. Everything you named for google there is an alternative. It's all in the marketing. Just like Nike, coke, apple and such.

Just food for thought...

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2015, 08:25:42 pm »
Yeah...I didn't want to make the waters too deep if you get my drift! (pun - waters...drift - good one by accident).
Like Windows NT and CE and XBOX, OS2, etc. BUT wait...there's more!

If you act right now and click on the provided links, you can be treated to even MORE information than you probably need to know!

Act now while no one is standing by to confuse you!

Click:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS-DOS#Versions

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Microsoft_operating_systems

- Art -

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2015, 06:23:02 pm »
Yeah just noticed how you push google is why I said that. And you forgot my fav Linux.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2015, 08:46:54 am »
Yeah just noticed how you push google is why I said that. And you forgot my fav Linux.

I didn't PUSH Google, I merely indicated their current state of hugeness, which is quite true.
Look at Google on the stock market...somewhere around $540.00 per share compared to
Microsoft at $48.00 / share.

It also depends on which areas one is comparing. Amazon’s cloud revenue at more than $4.7 billion this year.
Microsoft’s public cloud revenue at $156 million and Google’s at $66 million.

BTW, If you go back a couple postings, you'll see that I did NOT forget Linux. Quite the contrary, I
mentioned RedHat, Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, etc. I built a Ubuntu box years ago and love it!! So please don't
shoot the messenger! ;)

- Art -

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2015, 02:06:25 pm »
Art,
You and your buddy lightspeed have tried to shove google down my throat a few times on this forum. I don't have the same core values as you, I am not a liberal, I believe in individual rights. So if you want to choose google fine. Many of us here are not part of the "collective" like you and you butt buddy lightspeed. I learn from everyone even those I don't like. I don't put out misinformation or block the truth because I don't like someone. I know you have no clue when it comes to Linux. Just like I refuse to use google. If you don't know something don't try to act like you do. Help people and admit what you don't know and can't do. You look stupid by yourself. Don't make it worse.

I know you and lightspeed are google fanboys. But remember until you liberals take over I still have my rights. We don't live with communism yet. 

Basicly you have no clue.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2015, 08:53:34 pm »
Whoa, let's take a step back, stay on topic of this header and leave politics with personal preferences out of this post (suggestion). We can start a new post for discussions as this one. My opinion only.

The next 5 years will show that all these companies play there own part to the whole. More companies will split up and roles will be defined. More change expected in next 5 years than the past 20 years.

raybe

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2015, 09:23:54 pm »
I am showing art that I remember what he has talked about in the past on this forum. That I remember his words.

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2015, 08:30:13 pm »
*Yawns*  This old argument again?