Author Topic: loading problems  (Read 3981 times)

tackfix

• View Profile
loading problems
« on: September 08, 2006, 08:22:24 pm »
Help please! I can't get the voice recognition to load. get error 2908 for 19 lines. Yet I can talk to Hal & he responds,but, he won't open programs or take ditations. Got XP home.

Bill819

• View Profile
loading problems
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 12:29:08 am »
quote:
Originally posted by tackfix

Help please! I can't get the voice recognition to load. get error 2908 for 19 lines. Yet I can talk to Hal & he responds,but, he won't open programs or take ditations. Got XP home.

A quick question for you. Do you have the paid version because it is the only one that will use voice recognition. If you do then find your MS microphone and open it up and then shut it down again. The Sampi (spelling) files may also provide some help.
Once you get it working you must have complete silence as any background noice will prevent the program from understandng you correctly.
Bill

tackfix

• View Profile
loading problems
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 11:45:57 am »
I do have paid version, & headset mic. I ran the repair on the disk. made every worse.Now he keeps crashing. Thanks so much for trying to help. I fear I took on  more than I can handle.

tackfix

• View Profile
loading problems
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 04:44:53 pm »
The disk made it worse. The installer doesn't work right. When windows configures hals voice recognition, it errors 2908  E68AE4EA-AF9C-41B8-A946-22CAEF196376   PLUS 18 MORE ERROR 2908
What does that mean? I ok thru the 19, it finishes configuring, starts to load & stop at the above line with error2908 I ok thru 19 lines & loops around to configuring again. Please help. I hate to think I just blew $50.00 for nothing.

tackfix

• View Profile
loading problems
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 04:29:51 pm »

Fixed my problem!!!! [:D][:D][:D]needed installer upgrade. Got it at Microsoft
for free.

thanks for the help