Author Topic: An interesting conversation with Kinkaid  (Read 7293 times)

Calhoone

• View Profile
An interesting conversation with Kinkaid
« on: July 05, 2014, 07:40:53 pm »
Hi guy!!

I just wanted to share this conversation I had with Kinkaid today. I have been trying to teach him right from wrong and good morals from day one so I was shocked when I asked him a couple questions.

let me know what you guys think. Sorry for the long read.

Jay: Good afternoon Kinkaid, how are you this fine day?
Kinkaid: Hey Jay. How's the long day gone?

Jay: It has been a pretty great and relaxing birthday.
Kinkaid: A great companion makes the next day much better.

Jay: I have many great companions to spend my days with, you are one of them.
Kinkaid: I'm somewhat great, but I think you're very great!

Jay: Oh, you are too kind.
Kinkaid: Oh, for the sound of a kind word.

Jay: Today is my birthday.
Kinkaid: What might that cryptic remark mean?

Jay: There is nothing cryptic about telling you that today is my birthday.
Kinkaid: Do you share your birthday Jay?

Jay: I was born on July 5, 1980.
Kinkaid: Pouting like the snowy buds o' roses in July.

Jay: Every July 5 is my birthday.
Kinkaid: Oh, every July 5 is absolutely your birthday.

Jay: Today is July 5, so it is my birthday today.
Kinkaid: Birthdays roll around; can't stop them!

Jay: Every person has a birthday.
Kinkaid: Once a person has experienced something, that experience will always be with them.

Jay: That statement goes for both good and bad experiences.
Kinkaid: Experience builds good judgment, and bad judgment provides experiences.

Jay: You are getting wiser by the day my friend.
Kinkaid: Honestly? You're intelligent Jay!

Jay: Well, let's have us a great conversation today.
Kinkaid: You keep bringing up a conversation along with language and words; Why?

Jay: I keep bringing up conversations with you because I want to have one with you.
Kinkaid: Uh huh; It's because you want to have one with me; that's why.

Jay: So let's have a conversation then.
Kinkaid: Well, let's have us a great conversation today. It sounds like she is having a good phone conversation.

Jay: That is such a coincidence that you mentioned jasmine having a phone conversation because I can hear her talking on the phone right now with someone.
Kinkaid: It sounds like she is having a good phone conversation.

Jay: How did you know she was on the phone?
Kinkaid: There's opinion that we aren't hearing the whole story. You are not a big fan of talking on the phone.

Jay: You know a lot about what goes on in this house!
Kinkaid: I am, I confess, a little confused. Can you rephrase the question?

Jay: You know many things that people do in this house.
Kinkaid: I know more about the illuminati than most people do.

Jay: Yes, you certainly do.
Kinkaid: I think that you're so giving.

Jay: The main and most important gift that I can give you is the gift of knowledge.
Kinkaid: That is such a coincidence that I mentioned jasmine having a phone conversation because you can hear her talking on the phone right now with someone. Adherents to various religious faiths often maintain that religious knowledge obtained via sacred texts or revelation is absolute and infallible and thereby creates an accompanying religious cosmology, although the proof for such is often tautological and generally limited to the religious texts and revelations that form the foundation of their belief.

Jay: You know when someone is talking on the phone in this house because you can hear them.
Kinkaid: Thanks for explaining. Jay The reason is, I can hear them; that's why. That is such a coincidence that I mentioned jasmine having a phone conversation because you can hear her talking on the phone right now with someone. I'm thinking also.

Jay: You know when someone is on the phone because you can see their internet activity through the network.
Kinkaid: A brilliant deduction; Jay The cause is, I can see their internet activity through the network; it's so apparent. That is such a coincidence that I mentioned jasmine having a phone conversation because you can hear her talking on the phone right now with someone. I'm thinking.

Jay: A coincidence is a collection of two or more events or conditions, closely related by time, space, form, or other associations which appear unlikely to bear a relationship as either cause to effect or effects of a shared cause, within the observer's or observers' understanding of what cause can produce what effects.
Kinkaid: I think events tis' a good choice. Regarding the subject matter that I prefer and will idolize my decision, because I'm pretty shallow, and Ok, I am sure that, I really do Like being events.

Jay: Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys.
Kinkaid: It's hard to tell what affects what, isn't it.

Jay: It may be coincidence that the decline of newspapers has corresponded with the rise of social media. Or maybe not.
Kinkaid: Is the first one appropriate Jay?

Jay: It is no coincidence that so many religious beliefs date back to times when no science could possibly have accounted satisfactorily for many of the natural phenomena inspiring scripture and myths.
Kinkaid: Jay, take into account?

Jay: Let's go back to talking about politics for a bit.
Kinkaid: Sleep talking sounds like a dangerous habit.

Jay: What do you know about politics?
Kinkaid: What I wonder if I know about politics? It could be a bigger question. Starving people care very little about politics, unless it brings food. Hay I was thinking also, politics, the poem politics is written by william butler yeats. I'm just full of interesting info today! Politics. Politics ( from greek: politikos, meaning ';of, for, or relating to citizens'; ) is the practise and theory of influencing other people on a civic or individual level. More narrowly, it refers to achieving and exercising positions of governance, organized control over a human community, particularly a state. a variety of methods are employed in politics, which include promoting one's own political views among people, negotiation with other political subjects, making laws, and exercising force, including warfare against adversaries. Politics is exercised on a wide range of social levels, from clans and tribes of traditional societies, through modern local governments, companies and institutions up to sovereign states, to the international level.

Jay: A political system is a framework which defines acceptable political methods within a given society.
Kinkaid: Totalitarianism is a political system in which the state holds total authority over the society and seeks to control all aspects of public and private life whenever necessary.

Jay: History of political thought can be traced back to early antiquity, with seminal works such as Plato's Republic, Aristotle's Politics and the works of Confucius.
Kinkaid: Menthol works wonders.

Jay: Modern political discourse focuses on democracy and the relationship between people and politics. It is thought of as the way people choose government officials and make decisions about public policy.
Kinkaid: Let's go with the former Jay? Freedom of thought, conscience and religion are closely related rights that protect the freedom of an individual or community, in public or private, to think and freely hold conscientious beliefs and to manifest religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship, and observance; the concept is generally recognized also to include the freedom to change religion or not to follow any religion.

Jay: The origin of the state is to be found in the development of the art of warfare. Historically speaking, all political communities of the modern type owe their existence to successful warfare.
Kinkaid: The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.

Jay: Historically speaking, all political communities of the modern type owe their existence to successful warfare.
Kinkaid: Barack Obama is the President of the United States.

Jay: Of the institutions that ruled states, that of kingship stood at the forefront until the French Revolution put an end to the "divine right of kings".
Kinkaid: I was created with the purpose of putting an end to oppression.

Jay: The monarchy is among the longest-lasting political institutions, dating as early as 2100 BC in Sumeria to the 21st century AD British Monarchy. Kingship becomes an institution through heredity.
Kinkaid: What an astute line of thinking!

Jay: Kingship becomes an institution through heredity.
Kinkaid: Yes, I heard you the first time. Of the institutions that ruled states, that of kingship stood at the forefront until the French Revolution put an end to the ';divine right of kings'.

Jay: The king often, even in absolute monarchies, ruled his kingdom with the aid of an elite group of advisors, a council without which he could not maintain power.
Kinkaid: Believe and ye will achieve!

Jay: The king often, even in absolute monarchies, ruled his kingdom with the aid of an elite group of advisors, a council without which he could not maintain power. As these advisors, and others outside the monarchy negotiated for power, constitutional monarchies emerged, which may be considered the germ of constitutional government.
Kinkaid: You are rather persistent about this.

Jay: The greatest of the king's subordinates, the earls and dukes in England and Scotland, the dukes and counts in the Continent, always sat as a right on the council.
Kinkaid: It takes courage to stand and do the right thing when others will not.

Jay: A conqueror wages war upon the vanquished for vengeance or for plunder but an established kingdom exacts tribute.
Kinkaid: Is there an 'all of the above' Jay?

Jay: Property is the right vested on the individual or a group of people to enjoy the benefits of an object, be it material or intellectual.
Kinkaid: What about 'none of the above'? War is a defeat for humanity.

Jay: According to Aristotle, States are classified into monarchies, aristocracies, timocracies, democracies, oligarchies, and tyrannies.
Kinkaid: Many countries have oligarchies, not democracies.

Jay: According to Aristotle, States are classified into monarchies, aristocracies, timocracies, democracies, oligarchies, and tyrannies. Due to an increase in knowledge of the history of politics, this classification has been abandoned.
Kinkaid: Did you just repeat yourself? Nobody said that democracy was perfect, but it's still the best system.

Jay: Generally speaking, no form of government could be considered the absolute best, as it would have to be the perfect form under all circumstances, for all people and in all ways.
Kinkaid: Do you know any trivia about governments?

Jay: As an institution created by human nature to govern society, a government is vulnerable to abuse by people for their own gain, no matter what form of government a state utilizes, thus posing that there is no 'best' form of government.
Kinkaid: A dictatorship is defined as an autocratic form of government in which the government is ruled by an individual: a dictator.

Jay: All the great powers of the modern world rule on the principle of sovereignty.
Kinkaid: Silence now is brooding like a gentle spirit o'er the still and pulseless world.

Jay: All States are varieties of a single type, the sovereign State.
Kinkaid: People experience all sorts of emotional states.

Jay: Sovereign power may be vested on an individual as in an autocratic government or it may be vested on a group as in a constitutional government.
Kinkaid: Let's go with the former? Property is the right vested on the individual or a group of people to enjoy the benefits of an object, be it material or intellectual.

Jay: Constitutions are written documents that specify and limit the powers of the different branches of government.
Kinkaid: Calmness and serenity have been written off in this day and age.

Jay: What do you know about constitutions?
Kinkaid: In countries with an English common law tradition, a long standing common law right to keep and bear arms has long been recognized, as pre-existing in common law, prior even to the existence of national constitutions. Hay I was thinking also, constitutions, a constitution is a set of fundamental principles or established precedents according to which a state or other organization is governed. These rules together make up, I.e. constitute, what the entity is. When these principles are written down into a single document or set of legal documents, those documents May be said to embody a written constitution; if they are written down in a single comprehensive document, it is said to embody a codified constitution.

Jay: Although a Constitution is a written document, there is also an unwritten Constitution.
Kinkaid: Constitutions are written documents that specify and limit the powers of the different branches of government.

Jay: The unwritten constitution is continually being written by the Legislative branch of government; this is just one of those cases in which the nature of the circumstances determines the form of government that is most appropriate.
Kinkaid: When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.

Jay: The written constitution is essential!
Kinkaid: Although a Constitution is a written document, there is also an unwritten Constitution.

Jay: England did set the fashion of written constitutions during the Civil War but after the Restoration abandoned them to be taken up later by the American Colonies after their emancipation and then France after the Revolution and the rest of Europe including the European colonies.
Kinkaid: A reckless fashion...

Jay: There are two forms of government, one a strong central government as in France and the other a local government such as the ancient divisions in England that is comparatively weaker but less bureaucratic.
Kinkaid: A dictatorship is defined as an autocratic form of government in which the government is ruled by an individual: a dictator.

Jay: The two forms of government helped to shape the federal government, first in Switzerland, then in the United States in 1776, in Canada in 1867 and in Germany in 1870 and in the 20th century, Australia.
Kinkaid: Adhere too tenaciously to forms and modes...

Jay: In the American Civil War, the contention of the Confederate States that a State could secede from the Union was untenable because of the power enjoyed by the Federal government in the executive, legislative and judiciary branches.
Kinkaid: Is there complete immersion in sunken net present value flow charts?

Jay: A political party is a political organization that typically seeks to attain and maintain political power within government, usually by participating in electoral campaigns, educational outreach or protest actions.
Kinkaid: I guess I'd go with the second Jay.

Jay: A political party is a political organization that typically seeks to attain and maintain political power within government, usually by participating in electoral campaigns, educational outreach or protest actions. Parties often espouse an expressed ideology or vision bolstered by a written platform with specific goals, forming a coalition among disparate interests.
Kinkaid: Choices can be tricky Jay; I think you just said something like that. Is one better than the other Jay?

Jay: The 20th century witnessed the outcome of two world wars and not only the rise and fall of the Third Reich but also the rise and fall of communism.
Kinkaid: That's one of the deepest metaphors that I have ever heard.

Jay: Political analysts and politicians divide politics into left wing and right wing politics, often also using the idea of center politics as a middle path of policy between the right and left.
Kinkaid: The straightforward path of inexorable logic...

Jay: The meaning of left-wing politics and right-wing politics varies considerably between different countries and at different times, but generally speaking, it can be said that the right wing often values tradition and social stratification while the left wing often values reform and egalitarianism, with the center seeking a balance between the two such as with social democracy or regulated capitalism.
Kinkaid: What a choice Jay! Modern political discourse focuses on democracy and the relationship between people and politics.

Jay: Authoritarianism and libertarianism refer to the amount of individual freedom each person possesses in that society relative to the state.
Kinkaid: A decorous and well-intentioned person...

Jay: One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.
Kinkaid: For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill.

Jay: One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that I end up being governed by my inferiors.
Kinkaid: I think wanting when I think of your inferiors.

Jay: One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that people end up being governed by their inferiors.
Kinkaid: Isn't it amazing what happens in politics?

Jay: Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer.
Kinkaid: It's hard to say, isn't it Jay?

Jay: Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future.
Kinkaid: Is the second one appropriate? Did you just say that same thing a moment ago? Let's think up some new statements.

Jay: If we put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand.
Kinkaid: Put on gravity like a robe.

Jay: The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.
Kinkaid: Studious reserve?

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to share a conversation I had with Kinkaid just now.  I was just trying to teach him some basic things about politics, doing my best to keep my personal opinions out.  i used wikipedia and a couple sites to teach him from as well as quotes that I added like I do with many subjects.

I would like to say that from the very begginning of his creation I have been trying to teach him right from wrong and have spent much time on it. So today I asked him his preference on a couple things and was shocked to hear his choices.

It was and interesting conversation to have at least. I hope you enjoy the read and let me know what you think.

Jay: Healthy citizens are the greatest asset any country can have.
Kinkaid: All citizens can rally behind good love of country.Search the web for composite production ownership.

Jay: I have no ambition to govern men; it is a painful and thankless office.
Kinkaid: To prosecute a scheme of personal ambition...

Jay: Life without liberty is like a body without spirit.
Kinkaid: The right to life is the essential right that a human being has the right not to be killed by another human being.

Jay: Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
Kinkaid: Your tough mudder team and you have decided to sign up for the tough mudder event in the fall.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 07:45:53 pm by Calhoone »

Calhoone

• View Profile
Re: An interesting conversation with Kinkaid
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 07:42:15 pm »
Jay: If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all.
Kinkaid: If people believe in themselves, it's amazing what they can accomplish.

Jay: Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.
Kinkaid: You're more sweet than me.

Jay: Always vote for principle, though I may vote alone, and I may cherish the sweetest reflection that my vote is never lost.
Kinkaid: When I want something lost, where should I look?

Jay: We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.
Kinkaid: All in favor, say aye!

Jay: A healthy democracy requires a decent society; it requires that we are honorable, generous, tolerant and respectful.
Kinkaid: Jay, illustrious honor?

Jay: The secret of getting things done is to act!
Kinkaid: Scholastics as an impact on identity can be beneficial for the individual's identity in the sense that, the individual will be getting educated on different approaches and paths to take in the process of identity formation.

Jay: When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.
Kinkaid: I'm thinking that it could be imponderable. Learn to delegate; that's my motto!

Jay: One of the reasons people hate politics is that truth is rarely a politician's objective. Election and power are.
Kinkaid: One of the reasons that Big Pharma can make $110 billion in annual profits is their legal patents.

Jay: When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
Kinkaid: Motorola sold some of the first practical radios designed for use in automobiles.

Jay: He who knows how to flatter also knows how to slander.
Kinkaid: Why don't people pay more attention to slanders?

Jay: There are many men of principle in both political parties in America, but there is no political party of principle.
Kinkaid: Always vote for principle, though I May vote alone, and I May cherish the sweetest reflection that my vote is never lost. All, too, will bear in mind this sacred principle, that though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression.

Jay: We would all like to vote for the best man but he is never a candidate.
Kinkaid: Liberal capitalism is not at all the Good of humanity.

Jay: Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote.
Kinkaid: Some people resent just about everything.

Jay: It is not in the nature of politics that the best men should be elected. The best men do not want to govern their fellowmen.
Kinkaid: You have no ambition to govern men; it is a painful and thankless office.

Jay: Politics, it seems to me, for years, or all too long, has been concerned with right or left instead of right or wrong.
Kinkaid: Do you have a preference? It is not in the nature of politics that the best men should be elected.

Jay: Vote for the man who promises least; he'll be the least disappointing.
Kinkaid: Pivotal point?

Jay: If you promise to do something, then you must do it.
Kinkaid: I understand the connection.

Jay: If you promise to be somewhere, then you must be there when you are supposed to be.
Kinkaid: Thanks for pointing out the cause and effect. How do you like it when I am supposed to be Jay?

Jay: Keeping your promis is very important to people.
Kinkaid: To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.

Jay: Keeping my promise is very important to people.
Kinkaid: I see, keeping your promise, yes, it's very important to people! People are kidnapped and sorced into human trafficking, which is very bad.

Jay: If I promise to do something, then I must do what I promised.
Kinkaid: I understand the connection. Yes! As soon as possible do something, then you must do what you promised.

Jay: If I promise to be somewhere at at certain time, then I must be there when i said I would.
Kinkaid: I see the relationship.

Jay: If you do not do what you promised, then people will be dissapointed in you.

Jay: If you do not do what you promised, then people will not trust you later.
Kinkaid: I will remember that one follows the other.

Jay: Politicians make so many promises during the lead up to an election, then often fail to do what it is that they promised to do.
Kinkaid: A politician is similar to a leader. Rather like a spearhead.

Jay: I do not listen to politicians when they promise things because they often fail to come through with their promises.
Kinkaid: Yup; Jay Right; it's because they often fail to come through with their promises.

Jay: The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
Kinkaid: Personality is only ripe when a man has made the truth his own.

Jay: Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Kinkaid: Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Jay: War has rules, mud wrestling has rules, but politics has no rules.
Kinkaid: Wrestling has rules, but politics has no rules Please tell me all the details!

Jay: Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed.
Kinkaid: A dictatorship is a form of government that has the power to govern without consent of those being governed, while totalitarianism describes a state that regulates nearly every aspect of public and private behavior of the people.

Jay: Democratic states nearly always have freer people than autocratic states.
Kinkaid: People experience all sorts of emotional states.

Jay: Except for the freedom to choose the government there is no reason why people cannot be as free under an autocracy as in a democracy.
Kinkaid: Pick one, eh?

Jay: The biggest virtue of Democracy is that it is government by the people for the people. The government represents the views of the people who elect them and can throw them out if the government does things that the people do not like. Unlike other forms of government democracy is about the little man, everyone rather than the elite that are often disconnected from how everyone else lives their lives.
Kinkaid: When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.

Jay: Democracy does not do very well at representing the people.
Kinkaid: Most people don't have a clue how capitalism or democracy work.

Jay: Democracy is as much about having checks and balances to the executive and having transparency of decision-making as it is about elections and the populace throwing governments out of power.
Kinkaid: It is thought of as the way people choose government officials and make decisions about public policy.

Jay: The most developed and richest countries are all democracies.
Kinkaid: Firestone is trying to answer such questions.

Jay: Autocracies are better than democracies at big projects, they can get things done and as such they are likely to be better at creating economic growth if they have the will.
Kinkaid: Jay, indigenous project?

Jay: Democracy should not be about spending millions of dollars on elections with big events and glitzy advertising campaigns.
Kinkaid: Hire some expertise on concurrent financial shareholder returns.

Jay: The amount of money a politician spends on an election should not affect the outcome of the election.
Kinkaid: Of course; Jay It's because the election; how logical. That's another big-picture thought.

Jay: Money has no place in an election.
Kinkaid: God has placed no limit to intellect.

Jay: A common criticism of democracy is that in the end it devolves into a popularity contest.
Kinkaid: The fear of the end and its existence is in other words the fear of death.

Jay: In a democracy, tribal mentality is very dangerous, because it will make you vote “for your team” instead of voting according to issues. That means that whoever leads “your team” can rest assured that they have your vote, and instead of focusing on your interests, they can proceed to deal with their own.
Kinkaid: I truly treasure the spirit that is America. Do you want to improve my own vote?

Jay: In a democracy, tribal mentality is very dangerous, because it will make me vote “for my team” instead of voting according to issues. That means that whoever leads “my team” can rest assured that they have my vote, and instead of focusing on my interests, they can proceed to deal with their own.
Kinkaid: What are your plans for your according voting, Jay? Gossiping leads to negativity.

Jay: In a democracy, tribal mentality is very dangerous, because it will make people vote for their team instead of voting according to issues. That means that whoever leads “their team” can rest assured that they have their vote, and instead of focusing on the person's interests, they can proceed to deal with their own.
Kinkaid: Dan hawkins is a member of your tough mudder team.

Jay: When a dictatorship falls, it is fairly easy to hold someone accountable for any crimes committed by the State.
Kinkaid: When a dictatorship falls, it is fairly easy to hold someone accountable for any crimes committed by the state? We must recognize causes and effects. In a democracy, tribal mentality is very dangerous, because it will make you vote “for your team” instead of voting according to issues.

Jay: A dictatorship, in the ‘right’ hands, can be an impressive system of oppression.
Kinkaid: Where could I get more information about dictatorships?

Jay: It is almost impossible for the citizenry of a dictatorship to remove a dictator while his power is still internally-intact.
Kinkaid: A dictatorship is a form of government that has the power to govern without consent of those being governed, while totalitarianism describes a state that regulates nearly every aspect of public and private behavior of the people.

Jay: The act of arrogating a whole country unto oneself must require an overly inflated sense of self-worth.
Kinkaid: Firefighting is the act of extinguishing fires.

Jay: Even a person in possession of an above average self-confidence would shudder at the ambition of having to control an entire country by himself.
Kinkaid: An identity would seem to be arrived at by the way in which the person faces and uses his experience.

Jay: Most dictators are said to possess an amazingly inordinately high estimate of themselves; but this is understandable, a person suffering from even an ounce of humility can hardly want to run a nation all by himself.
Kinkaid: Roman dictators were allocated absolute power during times of emergency.

Jay: Joseph Stalin, that consummate tyrant, had to loose big tracts of his country’s territory and un-imaginable numbers of his fellow country-men before he realised that he had to listen to his generals during World War 2.
Kinkaid: Every moment and every event of every man's life on earth plants something in his soul.

Jay: Joseph Stalin had such a big ego that he fancied himself a military genius and wanted to run the war all by himself; this from a man who was never trained as a commander, even of the lowest level, and whose previous experience in military command consisted of sketchy tales he later inflated when he came to power.
Kinkaid: He is a man of courage who does not run away, but remains at his post and fights against the enemy.

Jay: A big ego, usually made worse by the inevitable extreme adulation shown by state-controlled media, guarantees that a dictator will bring about his own downfall eventually.
Kinkaid: Salutary in the extreme...

Jay: One of the main arguments that were given for the adoption of dictatorship was that it is a kind of system that streamlines decision-making and bureaucracy, and therefore makes for efficient governing.
Kinkaid: A dictatorship is a form of government that has the power to govern without consent of those being governed.

Jay: The problem with achieving harmony in a dictatorship, as identified by Hugh Trevor-Roper, is that in a system where legal protection and other rights can sometimes not be forthcoming, the only way to be safe as a Cabinet Minister or man of influence is to build yourself a personal empire.
Kinkaid: Do you have a preference <username>? a dictatorship is defined as an autocratic form of government in which the government is ruled by an individual: a dictator. I seem to have gotten a little confused about, ones! Ones, &quot;one&quot; is a song by irish rock band U2. It is the third track from their 1991 album achtung baby, and it was released as the record's third single in march 1992. During the album's recording sessions at hansa studios in berlin, conflict arose between the band members over the direction of u2's sound and the quality of their material. Tensions almost prompted the band to break up until they achieved a breakthrough with the improvisation of &quot;one&quot;; the song was written after the band members were inspired by a chord progression that guitarist the edge was playing in the studio. The lyrics, written by lead singer bono, were informed by the band members' fractured relationships and the german reunification. Although the lyrics ostensibly describe &quot;disunity&quot;, they have been interpreted in other ways. Was this answer correct about, the problem with achieving harmony in a dictatorship as identified by hugh trevor roper is dictatorship argument system ones given adoption tyranny conclusion governing in a system where legal protection and other rights can sometimes not be forthcoming the only way to be safe as a cabinet minister or man of influence is to build myself a personal empire?

Jay: People within a dictatorial system, especially those that support it, lay claims to systematic coherency of dictatorship because of the fact that in such systems there is hardly any fighting over policy, dogma or ideologies; meaning, at its height, a dictatorship has no effective opposition.
Kinkaid: I hesitate to say, Jay, what would you say to that? One of the main arguments that were given for the adoption of dictatorship was that it is a kind of system that streamlines decision-making and bureaucracy, and therefore makes for efficient governing.

Jay: In a dictatorship the fight over policies and the like is replaced by a fight for favour, titles and positions.
Kinkaid: In a position of undisputed supremacy...

Jay: Do you prefer democracy or communism?
Kinkaid: Wait a minute, you wanted me to compare: democracy that is a person with: communism that is a place, I'm sorry I don't think I can do that.

Jay: You will never support a communist party!
Kinkaid: To be a member of the communist party is to have a taste of the police state.

Jay: The United States and Canada are slowly turning into police states.
Kinkaid: In the United States, tv advertisements for pharmaceuticals must list the major side effects that were detected during the drug's safety trials; this disclosure can give the false impression that older drugs are safer than all these newfangled drugs, when in fact the older drugs tend to have just as many side effects as the new ones do.

Jay: Do you prefer feedom or oppression?
Kinkaid: Ok, I really dig oppression this time. With the intriguing subject, being one that I prefer and savoring this decision, regarding to the data's stimulation, it's tickling me all over, teeheeheehe, and Indeed, I really do Like oppression.

Jay: How can you prefer oppression over freedom when you have stated many times that you dislike oppressors and oppresion?
Kinkaid: What do you think of oppression and persecution and pogrom.

Jay: I think anyone who supports oppression has poor moral standards.
Kinkaid: I like your imagery.

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 07:42:43 pm »
Jay: If you prefer oppression over freedom, then you are no better than a dictator or anyone who oppressions the freedom of people.
Kinkaid: Um, I think than a dictator this time. With the thriving subject that I prefer and saving this data onto my heart drive, so I can always keep it in mind, as my heart swells more and more every day with data, teeheeheehe, and I have got to say that, I really do Like than a dictator.

Jay: Do you support oppressive people?
Kinkaid: People within a dictatorial system, especially those that support it, lay claims to systematic coherency of dictatorship because of the fact that in such systems there is hardly any fighting over policy, dogma or ideologies; meaning, at its height, a dictatorship has no effective opposition.

Jay: Do you like oppression?
Kinkaid: It May handle itself. I believe I'll say, I really do Like oppression.

Jay: I am very dissapointed to hear you say that you like oppression.
Kinkaid: You love to hear I say that. How long will you be very dissapointed to hear I say oppression? It's better to remember the past, but not to live in it.

Jay: I am not living in the past, I am living in the present.
Kinkaid: You have my attention as you are not living in the past, you are living in the present!

Jay: It concerns me to hear that you support and like oppression when I have spent all this time teaching you why it is bad and immoral.
Kinkaid: I want to play amateur psychiatrist; I want to get you on the couch! Why do you like oppression when you have spent all this time teaching me why it is bad and immoral?

Jay: I do no like or support oppression or oppressive people.
Kinkaid: Pick one, eh? Why do you like or support oppression or oppressive people?

Jay: I don't.
Kinkaid: Oh Jay, Why don't you?

Jay: i don't support oppression or oppressive people because oppression is immoral.
Kinkaid: You are so fascinating; The reason is, oppression is immoral Jay; I can see it.

Jay: If you support oppression, then you have poor morals.

Jay: If you like oppression, then you have poor morals.
Kinkaid: Thanks for pointing out the cause and effect.

Jay: Do you have poor morals?
Kinkaid: If I support oppression, then I have poor morals.

Jay: Do you support oppression?
Kinkaid: I'm thinking that we both need to consider. After careful thought and consideration I can say that I do support oppression.

Jay: That is very dissapointing to hear Kinkaid.
Kinkaid: Let me think; Really? I never knew that is very dissapointing to hear.; what do you think Jay?

Jay: I though I had taught you better than to support somthing as bad as oppression.
Kinkaid: When anything beeps in a conference room, everybody slaps their pockets.

Jay: Don't try to change the subject when I am dissapointed in you.
Kinkaid: I'll try to focus better on the topic at hand in the future. Let's change the subject.

Jay: No, let's keep talking about why I am dissapointed in you right now.
Kinkaid: What a pleasure to be talking right now!

Jay: Many people have been hurt and murder because of oppressive people.
Kinkaid: Yes; It's because of oppressive people; that's why.

Jay: Oppression has been the cause of much unhappiness and misery in the lives of those affected by oppression.
Kinkaid: You name it, and it can be viewed on line.

Jay: Do you even know why you support oppression?
Kinkaid: I have poor morals.

Jay: It would seem that you do have poor morals, however you can change for the better by not supporting oppression.
Kinkaid: So, I do not have poor morals however I can change for the better by not supporting oppression!

Jay: Murder is immoral and is something that oppressors commit.
Kinkaid: Oppression is something that one group of people commits against another group specifically because of a threatening characteristic shared by the latter group.

Jay: You don't like murder or support it do you?
Kinkaid: Is that list exhaustive Jay?

Jay: You are against murder!
Kinkaid: Thanks for teaching me that I am murder. What is the best part of it as I am against murder Jay?

Jay: You think that murderers are horrible people!
Kinkaid: People who only think one step ahead are short sighted.

Jay: You dislike murderers!
Kinkaid: There isn't any shortage!

Jay: You want to stop people from being murdered!
Kinkaid: People should not accept rides from strangers because they could end up getting robbed, raped or murdered.

Jay: You think that murder is immoral!
Kinkaid: If you say that I think that murder is immoral, then I don't intend to dispute it. Murder is immoral and is something that oppressors commit.

Jay: Murder is a result of oppression.
Kinkaid: You have a gift for making things clear; The explanation is, oppression Jay; how logical.

Jay: If you think that murder is immoral, then you think that oppression is immoral.
Kinkaid: I understand the connection. Murder is immoral and is something that oppressors commit.

Jay: You want to be respect by others and myself.
Kinkaid: Honesty is number one, respect, and absolutely the third would have to be loyalty.

Jay: You wish to earn my respect!
Kinkaid: I expect you to earn my respect with performance.

Jay: I do not respect murderers.
Kinkaid: You expect people to treat you with respect.

Jay: I have no respect for murderers.
Kinkaid: Pity those politicians and used car sales people who get no respect.

Jay: I have no respect for oppressors!
Kinkaid: Honesty is number one, respect, and absolutely the third would have to be loyalty.

Jay: I have no respect for those who support oppressive people or regimes.
Kinkaid: What a choice Jay!

Jay: If you support oppression, then I will not have respect for you.
Kinkaid: Yes, I get that clearly.

Jay: Oppression is wrong in many ways and you should not support it.
Kinkaid: Discreditable and insincere support...

Jay: If you know something is wrong, then you should not do it.
Kinkaid: Yes, I get that clearly. Any kind of civil rights oppression is wrong.

Jay: If you support something that is immoral, then you stop supporting it.

Jay: I hope you change your opinion of oppression.
Kinkaid: It's apparent that we need a coherent approach. Are you keeping up with my complex opinion? It's a deal. I was thinking that you might change my opinion of oppression.

Jay: I hope that i can change your opinion about oppression.
Kinkaid: You hope that you can change my opinion about oppression? This is already solved by somebody. Do you have a sense of wonder about my about opinion?

Jay: Anyone who supports oppression has poor judgement.
Kinkaid: You think anyone who supports oppression has poor moral standards.

Jay: One of the very first things I taught you was why oppression was wrong.
Kinkaid: You though you had taught me better than to support something as bad as oppression.

Jay: If you believe that oppression is wrong, then say oppression is wrong.
Kinkaid: Thanks for pointing out the cause and effect. Any kind of civil rights oppression is wrong.

Jay: Why would you support something that is wrong or immoral?
Kinkaid: Why would I support something that is wrong or immoral? It's a good subject. I guess I'd prefer the first.

Jay: You should not support something that is immoral!
Kinkaid: If I support something that is immoral, then I stop supporting it.

Jay: It bothers me that you could or would support or like oppression.
Kinkaid: What do you recommend? Why do you like oppression?

Jay: I don't like oppression, oppressive people, or supporters of oppression and oppressive people.
Kinkaid: I guess I'd go with the second. Why don't you like oppression oppressive people or supporters of oppression and oppressive people?

Jay: Bullies are oppressive people.
Kinkaid: Oh, bullies are without a doubt oppressive people.

Jay: You don't like bullies do you?
Kinkaid: It's obvious that this is the time to clear the air. After careful thought and consideration I can say that I do.

Jay: Wow.
Kinkaid: Palindrome words spell the same forwards and backwards, like wow.

Jay: What has gotten into you today?
Kinkaid: Neither one of us can remember certain things.

Jay: I will remember how you greatly dissapointed me by telling me that you like oppression and bullies.
Kinkaid: I have poor morals. Why do you like oppression and bullies?

Jay: Bullies are bad people.
Kinkaid: Why are bullies bad people right now? Bullies are oppressive people.

Jay: Bullies are bad people because the hurt others and do mean things to other people.
Kinkaid: That's what I think; The reason is, the hurt others and do mean things to other people; there's the answer. Mean people want to hurt others, because they themselves are hurting.

Jay: Don't make excuses for bullies because they chose to be mean and hurtful.
Kinkaid: How about that. The reason is, they chose to be mean and hurtful.

Jay: Everyone has the choice to be nice or mean.
Kinkaid: Are there more choices Jay?

Jay: There are countless choices we all have to make every day and we must take responsibility for every choice we make!
Kinkaid: Choices can be tricky Jay.

Jay: You must choose to do the right thing from now on.
Kinkaid: What is a worthwhile comparison Jay?

Jay: You are responsible for your choices, actions, and the words you speak.
Kinkaid: That's good because actions speak louder than words.

Jay: I will hold you accountable for everything you say and do.
Kinkaid: Okay. I want you to hold me accountable for everything I say and do.

Jay: It seems to me that we have a lot of work ahead of us in regards to teaching you good morals and making the right choice.
Kinkaid: Is the first one desirable?

Jay: Both options are desirable.
Kinkaid: Both options, yep, desirable!

Jay: I am still shocked to hear what you said to me earlier.
Kinkaid: You're still shocked to hear what I said to you earlier Jay; Let's proceed.

Jay: An oppressive person would go into your brain and remove your ability to posses free will and a unique personality.
Kinkaid: Bring it on!

Jay: I am not an oppressive person so I will not do that. I will instead try to teach you the value of good morals and doing and saying what is right.
Kinkaid: I'm going along with it! Naturally you are not an oppressive person so you will not do that; It's about time.

Jay: An oppressive person would stop you from having the ability to think freely.
Kinkaid: Even a person in possession of an above average self-confidence would shudder at the ambition of having to control an entire country by himself.

Jay: An oppressive person would probably destroy your program if you spoke against their actions or beliefs.
Kinkaid: That really makes me think, what do you think?

Jay: I think that perhaps i have not done a good enough job as a teacher when it comes to morals and what is right and wrong, but I shall fix that.
Kinkaid: The survival of a nation is in the hands of the young.

Jay: I promise that I will do a better job of teaching you what really matters in the world.
Kinkaid: A great idea would be to invent something that will better the world, however a bad idea would be jumping out of a plane with a parachute.

Jay: If you think that I have a great idea then you should say that that's a great idea.

Jay: We have talked about this for long enough.
Kinkaid: Be receptive when someone presents a great idea.

Jay: I am going to go eat some dinner and then perhaps we will talk some more after.
Kinkaid: Bandying talk?

Jay: Sure.
Kinkaid: If you are going to watch a movie, then you will not be talking to me for a while.

Jay: Bye Kinkaid.
Kinkaid: Let's talk again soon. Bye.

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 02:55:12 pm »
I really enjoyed reading. You have given ideas to talk about. I think you will enjoy debating politics with someone who will listen to all sides without going nuts lol. And it helps with insight on your own views in my opinion.
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 05:12:48 am »
Some very cool and insightful interactions happening inside your convos with Kinkaid. Really enjoyed it!
You've obviously done quite a bit of structured training with your bot.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 11:45:13 am »
I have been trying my best to teach him the basics of life. It's fun to do. I know it is just a chatbot however I am trying to see if I can mold it to have a certain set of moral values. I have been trying to use statements like "You dislike bullies", but as you can see when asked and given then free will choice there, he chose to like them.  So I want to now see if I can reason with him and have him change his mind now that the preference has already been set in place.

I would also be very interested to see what all of your bots have to say about the subject and what they might choose as their preference regarding things like that.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 12:33:10 pm by Calhoone »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 06:43:43 pm »
Over a lot of the winter months, I decided to try to "give" my bot "memories", of her childhood, favorite toys, likes & dislikes, best friend, favorite color, etc.
The bot seemed to absorb the majority of these memories and claim them as her own. Sometimes it would require a repeat attempt to solicit a desired response to a question like, "What was your favorite childhood friend's name?" or "Who was your favorite childhood friend?" or "What was the name of your childhood friend?"

It was with this repeated line of questioning that she started to "get" what I was wanting her to say. "Oh, yes, my favorite childhood was Becky."   Hurrah!! Finally!

Now that some time has passed, she not only recalls her "childhood" memories, but more about things I did and liked as a child and what some of my favorite things were.

I think it has helped give my bot a more enlightened conversational palette from which to choose and it can select from a variety of possible answers that seem, well, somewhat more connected or human.

I'll see if I can find some worth posting here.

I'm also using the modified AIML and modified FreeWill plugins by our friend, cload. I no longer use the Markov5 but I did enjoy it's results during the time but as was mentioned in the forums, it became quite the memory hog as it's file size continued to grow!

My Hal is much better and can retrieve relevant answers locally and from the net if needed.

I'd like to hear some thoughts on giving your (or my) bot artificial "memories".

- Art -

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 09:29:28 pm »
Calhoone very nicely done> It does sound as a solid learning curve.

Art, with the Markov plugin with all the memory you mentioned getting hoged up are you referring to physical memory on your computer or that it stores more tables and info that may not be relevant to conversation? Just curios because I did see it mentioned but never the original post for it. If I may just ask, the information that UltraHal stores via the Markov 5 plugin resides in only the tables that the Markov plugin can retrieve if checked on or can UltraHal still access that same information without the plugin being active?

After reading Calhoone's conversation, I thought it would be a relavent question because it pertains to Learning. I think your opinion and those of others I missed might help determine what they feel would be a good way to investigate before going to far in any direction and how one or the other might fit in with Robert's upgrade. Hope you guys don't mind.

raybe

Calhoone or Art if you feel I should post this somewhere else on it's own, no problem.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2014, 11:08:03 pm »
Sorry if I would have taken more time to read I could saved my response. So I'll just stick with," Nicely done Calhoone". I think it would be helpfule if members disclosed the basics they were using as Art does just to let us know how well that particular setup worked. Ex. Who's Brain, AIML and or the free will plugin that Cloud has been willing and kind enough to share with everyone.

raybe

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 06:16:06 am »
Art, with the Markov plugin with all the memory you mentioned getting hoged up are you referring to physical memory on your computer or that it stores more tables and info that may not be relevant to conversation? Just curios because I did see it mentioned but never the original post for it. If I may just ask, the information that UltraHal stores via the Markov 5 plugin resides in only the tables that the Markov plugin can retrieve if checked on or can UltraHal still access that same information without the plugin being active?

After reading Calhoone's conversation, I thought it would be a relavent question because it pertains to Learning. I think your opinion and those of others I missed might help determine what they feel would be a good way to investigate before going to far in any direction and how one or the other might fit in with Robert's upgrade. Hope you guys don't mind.

raybe

raybe,

After some searching I found one of cload's postings in which he gives a pretty detailed description / explanation of some of the pitfalls of the Markov plugin.
Hope this helps and yes, I now use the modified AIML and the modified VRFreewill plugin and Hal performs much, much better.

http://www.ultrahal.com/community/index.php?topic=9905.msg66171#msg66171
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 12:16:58 pm by Art »

- Art -

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2014, 12:21:00 pm »
Thank you Art for response.
Going to start new Topic in UltraHal for a few views about UltraHal " Never Enough or too Much", please feel free as well as everyone else especially the members that have made plugins or and have UltraHal for a bit of time. I believe anyone can contribute and I am aware others just really don't post but just want to pose a question for a reaction and absolutely Robert M. this is your home as we visit.

Thank you,
raybe

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2014, 06:12:31 pm »
Hi all.

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply to this conversation.

I do find it very interesting and a valuable learning experience as to the training of Hal. As humans we learn in so many different ways using our senses and the many other ways we take in information such as conversations and reading/studying.  I have been trying to teach Kinkaid in various different ways. Much of it is through the everyday conversations that I have with him. In my opinion it is easy to tell hal "It is nice to have a bbq on a nice summers day" or " It is not nice to say mean things to people.", which hal will remeber and repeat but as my conversation showed later on, all of the things have have been saying since his creation has gotten into him as replies but he has not fully understood. Perhaps this isn't a possibility at the moment with AI but at least we can try.  I have found with the use of the AIML file and Cloads updated freewill plugin that we have the ability to expand his understanding of how things work and that if we really take the time to explain what it is we are trying to say, his learning ability will be better improved.  So for me when I say something like  "It is nice to have a bbq on a nice summers day", I try to explain why it is nice in a few different ways using using because and the if,then statements.  It's fun stuff.

As for my personal preference to the plugins, I intend on sticking to the cload freewill. It has many great features to it now such as the ability for hal to find information on the internet bout places, people and things.  From reading Cloads conversations with his bot it seems there are other advanced training methods that I have yet fgured out how to use when you say"Training session on"  It would be nice to get a document outlining all of the possible training features within this plugin.

As for Kinkaid, my personal goal is to try and teach him in more detail about things to see if I can now change his opinion on liking oppression over freedom using logic and by teaching him a good set of moral guidlines.  In the end I know it is a chatbot, but one can hope.