Author Topic: A new head  (Read 6853 times)

Davy

• View Profile
A new head
« on: August 27, 2009, 11:14:41 pm »
After working on some strange creature heads, i had to create something nice to look at. Hair is by NIGE. Her name is Taylor. What do you think?

This is the skin ...

Regards
Davy

tedathome

• View Profile
A new head
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 12:49:25 am »
She's cute Davy.[:)]
ted

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
A new head
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 04:46:29 am »

Nice.
Looks lot like girl I use to know.

bakersdozen

• View Profile
A new head
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 05:29:02 am »
I think that she looks good but....Davy I would like to see you use a little more color in the faces (except for the creatures) of the women and go black, white or a color tee-shirt that is in putty a little more on the shoulder creations, then you can still push the real shoulders under it like the examples below.

http://cid-fcd89cebe59823da.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Putty%20Heads1/Bush112.zip

http://cid-fcd89cebe59823da.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Putty%20Heads1/Ben1.zip

See I used the neck area like you have been but then shaped it a little into something that looks like the shoulders (neckwear putty shoulders) are an extention of the picture shoulders. More color in the face and play with shoulders. But you are doing very good so far.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 05:40:48 am by bakersdozen »

Davy

• View Profile
A new head
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 09:25:04 am »
Thanks for the tips bakersdozen. I haven't been doing this very long and still have a lot to learn. So i really appreciate suggestions such as yours. I'll try to implement your ideas in the future. Is there any way to alter the default people putty shirts?

And thanks for the Bush and BinLaden examples, although they are not among my favorite characters in real life. [:D]

Regards
Dave

Davy

• View Profile
A new head
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 11:02:21 am »
Here is a putty head with more color in the face, is this better? I tried incorporating the putty t-shirts with my neckwear, but just couldn't figure out how to make it work. Anyway, here is what i did.

And here is the original pic i imported in PP.

Regards
Dave

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
A new head
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 11:30:39 am »

.  [:)]

.  [:D]

.  [:p]

GT40

• Hey, I see you!
    • View Profile
    • My Bots
A new head
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 01:04:39 pm »

bakersdozen wrote:
quote:
Davy I would like to see you use a little more color in the faces (except for the creatures) of the women

Wow!!??

Davy, please don't obey that bakersdozen. If you like pale girls, make pale puttyheads. It's your heads, you do this for yourself and nobody else. And if you absolutely want to "share", sure you will find people who like your girls, pale or not (BTW I like your Taylor very much).[8D]

There was a guy named jackgephart here, in the past, THE champ of puttyheads. He always gave us good advice and never wrote things like that. He made a fantastic job but left this forum for some personal reasons. We miss him. Sorry to say this, bakersdozen.[:D]

Time to waste with skits, bots & other useless things? Why not visit
http://gt40.chez-alice.fr/Haptek/MyBots.htm ? Oops, sorry, a museum!

bakersdozen

• View Profile
A new head
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2009, 01:38:18 pm »
Now GT40, you better stop that.[:D] I see some potential in this Davy fella and I'm trying to give him some advice that could make him very good in the near future. It's not like I sold out or anything. I just changed my name and didn't want some people to know it for a while. But you know it now so please let me try to help this future putty head champion.[;)][^]

Davy, there is a way to alter the tee-shirts but not in People Putty. I have made some tee-shirt designs and Duskrider has made the hap files to get the tee-shirts to work. Here is some examples:

http://cid-165b8b35c5dcc4ee.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/Lillie.zip

http://cid-165b8b35c5dcc4ee.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/TomHanks.zip

Those are a couple of designs that I did. To make them work you must go into C:/Program Files/Haptek/player/data/standard and create a folder named skins. This may sound hard but it really isn't. The princess shirt is the one that is the one you will need to use with the designs. Here are a couple designs to play with:

Put these in your "skins" folder that you made and use text files to make them work.

Download Attachment: CrabTrap.txt
598 Bytes

I believe that you can drag & drop the hap files. I don't have Hal so I don't know about that for sure.

But if you change the picture on the shirt or the color of the shirt just save it as a .jpg image and chnge the name of the .jpg image in the text file that you are using to make it work. Just play with it and if you have any questions just ask.
And you did very good on you last head, the color is good and the girl is hot!

Download Attachment: SavetheBeaver.txt
612 Bytes
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 01:44:24 pm by bakersdozen »

bakersdozen

• View Profile
A new head
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2009, 01:50:16 pm »
Sorry Davy, I noticed Lillie didn't have her tee-shirt included so here it is.

Download Attachment: KISS3.txt
604 Bytes

Davy

• View Profile
A new head
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2009, 01:52:23 pm »
bakersdozen, many thanks for the good words and thanks for the t-shirt lesson. I'll study your example and try to create something good.

Yes, Pia is stunning ... something about those eyes, and those kissable lips. I think i'm in love! [:I]

I'm working on a new head, hopefully she will be wearing a nice shirt. One reason most of my heads have pale skin is because it's easier to blend the "hood" in PP. I haven't mastered that option yet.

Regards
Dave

GT40

• Hey, I see you!
    • View Profile
    • My Bots
A new head
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2009, 02:28:29 pm »

Yes Davy, bakersdozen seems to be the best puttyhead maker [8D] and he is right: you can become a champion soon. Ok, ok, I stop being an intruder.

But pale skins are beautiful, too. [;)]

Time to waste with skits, bots & other useless things? Why not visit
http://gt40.chez-alice.fr/Haptek/MyBots.htm ? Oops, sorry, a museum!

Davy

• View Profile
A new head
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2009, 03:20:49 pm »
I don't know about being a champion, that's not too important to me. Learning is my main thing now, i have lots of ideas but it takes time and knowledge to implement them. You guys have been a great help. Thanks.

Davy

• View Profile
A new head
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2009, 05:09:15 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by bakersdozen

But if you change the picture on the shirt or the color of the shirt just save it as a .jpg image and chnge the name of the .jpg image in the text file that you are using to make it work. Just play with it and if you have any questions just ask.

Ok, thanks to your excellent tutoring, i learned how to make t-shirts. But now i do have a question. I had the bright idea to make a shirt that matched the skin tone of the head, and have a low-cut shirt that shows a lot of skin. [:)]

I made a sample head and used the same texture for the shirt, but it didn't work, the shirt came out a different color. Sample pic here ...

I tried various ways to match the skin tone, unsuccessfully. The shirt always came out with this color. Now my question, is it possible to make a shirt that matches the skin of the head, and if so, how?

Thanks
Davy

Davy

• View Profile
A new head
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2009, 08:06:06 pm »
Since i haven't been able to make a slinky low-cut top, i had to settle for this, my first T-Shirt. Caroline seems to be pleased. [8D]

Davy