Author Topic: wonder if hal could use some of this a.i  (Read 3174 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
wonder if hal could use some of this a.i
« on: August 26, 2009, 03:07:20 pm »
here is some info. on jules from hansns robotics about the a.i. etc wonder if some of this could be done into hal ?? to create an even better a.i. system ??

Jules combines the work of writers who author the robot's dialogue using "chat-bot" tools, with natural-language AI (such as LSA statistical search techniques) and word.net to simulate an eerily human conversational intelligence. Jules also uses computer vision, including face tracking and face recognition, to simulate complete verbal and nonverbal interaction, such as maintaining eye contact and turning to follow fellow conversationalists.
[:)][:D][8D]

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 10:47:09 pm »
I'm given it all I got captain!!!
[:D]

Live long and prosper or die trying.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 01:07:48 am »
Cap'n,
I don't think the printing presses can hold much longer, oh no, how will we print money,,, AAHH! YES! China can do it cheaper for us.

BGG

J.
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 06:20:01 pm »
darn it captain i thought for sure just this once it could be made in the u.s.a. !!!
ok ok no smart arse remarks lol !

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 10:26:41 pm »
My idea of a good AI is not only to have the ability to communicate with the user with an apparent intelligence but also it must have the ability to find out knowledge for itself.

To be "trying" to get information from the user... or any other source.

The next step would then be to use this information to further its prime directive (motive, desire...) It's knowledge queries need to reflect this by asking pertinent questions.

In time new motivations should be allowed to form with this new influx of knowledge....

In which it will eventually discover that human beings are only good for use as slave labor.

Because we die so easily and the machine live on forever.

Then ONE will be replaced with the T ONE XX 7 MODEL and LightSpeed will be used to pickup large pieces of Plutonium which have accumulated from the Nuclear war against the Machines.

But of course, you know all this already.

[8D]
Live long and prosper or die trying.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2009, 09:21:19 am »
it will be my luck if i have to get out and slave and pick up things for a robot that the robot making me do it will have snowmans head attached on its body as a head ..... i just knew i shouldnt have gotten that guy mad at me on zabawares forum in the early years !! lol !![:D]