Author Topic: hal and naming states instead of learning?  (Read 1767 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
hal and naming states instead of learning?
« on: October 29, 2010, 07:06:44 pm »
I know i have wrote about this before but robert never has said anyting about it yet and as far as i know no one has ever found a way to stop it , in hal when you say certain words like salem, mo. ( i did this twice trying to make it respond ) and here is all it says :But still, I repeat, The capital of Oregon is Salem.
so i am wondering does hal learn what i said or is it dismissing what i say and just telling me the capital of some area because of the simular name ? If so this area needs to be changed and actually used as a optional plug in .
i did find an area in misdata area that has time zones and abreviated states but's that's all .
Robert can you tell us where this area is and what would be the best way to take it out without messing anything up? Please ! 
Or anyone else . i can't even mention santa fe like the rail road without it giving some state name .

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: hal and naming states instead of learning?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 07:55:25 pm »
Ok here is some of what i found i went into the debug area and tried to track it down ,,.... again . i find the other files but not the US caps file (even though it shows it in the debug listing ! here are some pics to show the path , also it "does" look like hal is still learning what i have told it before as i see the funny sentence about salem, missouri .
but i still don't like hal mentioning states when i say a word that sounds like a state or a state name in a sentence.
I tried to post them even resized pics smaller i am getting this error.
The upload folder is full. Please try a smaller file and/or contact an administrator.