Author Topic: Bob  (Read 2913 times)

Bob K.

• View Profile
Bob
« on: September 19, 2010, 04:20:25 pm »
Greetings, my name is Bob and I'm trying this program before buying, I want to set up the program for my family home.  Some of my kids are small and I need to know how to make sure the conversations are rated at least PG. Important to me is how to make the program to talk to all of my kids by name without creating many other users mess, I want everybody in my family to share the main program because wife and I want to teach all of our kids using it. At the moment the program calls everybody bob. Please help me setting up the program so it could talk with all of my family and maybe the friends.  Bob

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
Re: Bob
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 06:34:36 pm »
Just my 2 cents:

Hal will repeat what you teach it, if you don't teach it anything that is over pg rated, then it should not say anything worse than that.

however, I cannot guarantee all responses built into Hal is pg rated.  ;)
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 09:33:40 pm »
Bob,
'GIGO' Garbage in, Garbage out. 8)
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 10:13:55 pm »
Bob, just another idea that may be useful or not. But you can set up within Ultra Hal different project brains to work with everyone individually and yet it is on one application. But if everyone is going to be inputting information to Ultra Hal at the same time using a single personality then I would agree with 'One's' response about how everyone's input is incorporated. Definitely would start off typing responses into Ultra Hal for control and search this Forum for all it's worth for all the different ways Ultra Hal translates information. It will make the growing phase a little less painful and keep it simple. Just another opinion.

Good luck and try to enjoy. When and if your foot is ready to go thru the screen remember this is for entertainment although there are many that take Ultra Hal much more serious. It is still suppose to be fun and a bit challenging.

raybe