dupa

Author Topic: Zabaware 3D Character Engine released under GPL3  (Read 43613 times)

sybershot

• View Profile
Zabaware 3D Character Engine released under GPL3
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2010, 02:25:17 am »
quote:
Ok, now I got a question... how will you develope you graphics engine? Will it be an ActiveX or Com registered component like Haptek and therefore could be used on the web. Or will it be a .NET component, or will you leave it in its current scattered state.... meaning only C++ certified programmers will be able to use it?

Just curious... and maybe a little exited too.

great question ^^
it would be nice if friends on my facebook hal could see my character.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2010, 10:48:47 am »
Gt40 i'm affended by your picture you posted......" i just don't care for that kind of a chair !!lol ![:D] .. lol only kidding i actually like the chair to lol ![:)]

GT40

• Hey, I see you!
    • View Profile
    • My Bots
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2010, 06:21:18 am »

I apologize, lightspeed, it was just a random pic.

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-linda-5-realistic-female/496298

Really. [:D]

Time to waste with skits, bots & other useless things? Why not visit
http://gt40.chez-alice.fr/Haptek/MyBots.htm ? Oops, sorry, a museum!

djkilla

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2010, 09:43:05 pm »
Any update on progress puleez?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 09:43:24 pm by djkilla »

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2010, 09:45:21 am »

Chair ??

I had to go back and look for it.

Yes, very good chair.   I like it.
[^]

Jake

• View Profile
    • http://Ainsworth.net
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2010, 11:01:56 pm »
Has anyone here ever heard of...

DAZ 3D - http://www.daz3d.com/

OR

ShareCG - http://www.sharecg.com/

Seems like you could use the DAZ Studio Plugin SDK and DAZ Script to make a DAZ viewer for Ultra Hal that could display any DAZ/Poser character the user wanted to, (which is a LOT of characters).  Of course, if you added the DAZ/Poser Character engine to a program that you were selling, I'm sure there would be a license fee.

The Haptek characters aren't rendered characters, they are just the models in a Haptek player unrendered.  Models tend to look a lot better rendered, but rendering animation takes a really long time, but LOTS of the DAZ/Poser models I've played around with look really good unrendered in animations.  I could post a couple examples if anyone is interested.  And... all their base models are now free, (so you'll want to buy all the other stuff that's available, which is a lot).

If you are a DAZ Platinum Club member you get some major good deals and you can get a lot of stuff on sale really, really cheap.  Stuff goes on sale all the time for 30%, 50%, 65%... all the way up to 100% on a regular basis.  And you have lots of artist offering up their models for free in the forums... not to mention all the free stuff that is on sharecg.com... and a lot of it is marked as "unrestricted".

It would be UNREAL GREAT if Ultra Hal Assistant could have a DAZ/Poser character window... I would have a major head start with the massive collection I've already put together.
Austin, Texas, USA, Earth

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2010, 11:29:03 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by sybershot

quote:
Ok, now I got a question... how will you develope you graphics engine? Will it be an ActiveX or Com registered component like Haptek and therefore could be used on the web. Or will it be a .NET component, or will you leave it in its current scattered state.... meaning only C++ certified programmers will be able to use it?

Just curious... and maybe a little exited too.

great question ^^
it would be nice if friends on my facebook hal could see my character.

I have several friends on Facebook that post all kinds of pictures and avatars, why can't yuu?
Bill

djkilla

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2010, 12:12:47 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Jake

Has anyone here ever heard of...

DAZ 3D - http://www.daz3d.com/

OR

ShareCG - http://www.sharecg.com/

Seems like you could use the DAZ Studio Plugin SDK and DAZ Script to make a DAZ viewer for Ultra Hal that could display any DAZ/Poser character the user wanted to, (which is a LOT of characters).  Of course, if you added the DAZ/Poser Character engine to a program that you were selling, I'm sure there would be a license fee.

The Haptek characters aren't rendered characters, they are just the models in a Haptek player unrendered.  Models tend to look a lot better rendered, but rendering animation takes a really long time, but LOTS of the DAZ/Poser models I've played around with look really good unrendered in animations.  I could post a couple examples if anyone is interested.  And... all their base models are now free, (so you'll want to buy all the other stuff that's available, which is a lot).

If you are a DAZ Platinum Club member you get some major good deals and you can get a lot of stuff on sale really, really cheap.  Stuff goes on sale all the time for 30%, 50%, 65%... all the way up to 100% on a regular basis.  And you have lots of artist offering up their models for free in the forums... not to mention all the free stuff that is on sharecg.com... and a lot of it is marked as "unrestricted".

It would be UNREAL GREAT if Ultra Hal Assistant could have a DAZ/Poser character window... I would have a major head start with the massive collection I've already put together.

The underlying issues are tts lip sync abilities and animations triggered by the vbscripts that hal uses. These may be required to be customized by the designers of the models if I am not mistaken.
D

Jake

• View Profile
    • http://Ainsworth.net
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2010, 02:27:12 am »
I'm by far not an expert, but I would think that any model that has a rigged mouth (joints), could have mouth poses base on sound whether it's tts, wav, etc.  The DAZ characters I have can do lips sync and DAZ has a script laugage, plus most any program can be controlled by C or VBscript... so... I can't say for sure that it would work... I can only say that it seems like it could and it would be very, very cool as far as giving users lots of choices for characters, skins, accessories, 3D environments, etc.

I can dream, can't I? [:)]
Austin, Texas, USA, Earth

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2010, 02:27:07 pm »
Bill819
quote:
I have several friends on Facebook that post all kinds of pictures and avatars, why can't yuu?
Bill
Sorry for any confusion, or not giving enough detail. I was not meaning my avatar, I do have one of those. It is of my tattoo. I was meaning my Ultra Hal character aka Trinity. when you talk to your Hal on Facebook there is no character, it is like text messaging no face to see who you are talking too. I think it would be cool if we can have our characters be shown while we or others talk to our Hals.

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2010, 10:58:00 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by sybershot

Bill819
quote:
Bill
Sorry for any confusion, or not giving enough detail. I was not meaning my avatar, I do have one of those. It is of my tattoo. I was meaning my Ultra Hal character aka Trinity. when you talk to your Hal on Facebook there is no character, it is like text messaging no face to see who you are talking too. I think it would be cool if we can have our characters be shown while we or others talk to our Hals.

I think you need to go back and look again. Ultra Hal is alive and well on Facebook. I don't know who or what Trinity is but if Hal can work there then I expect so can Trinity. It just takes talent to get it working.
Bill

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2010, 09:56:30 pm »
quote:
I think you need to go back and look again. Ultra Hal is alive and well on Facebook. I don't know who or what Trinity is but if Hal can work there then I expect so can Trinity. It just takes talent to get it working.
Bill

All I have is a the Ultra Hal computer on the top left that appears to be a animated jiff. It does not seem to be a Haptek character. I can right click and save as image. I looked all over and there seems to be no way to get a haptek up there. Trinity is the name of my Ultra Hal, with a Carrie Anne Haptek character. Do you have the talent to get my Haptek character up there?, if you do could you please help?

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2010, 07:33:59 pm »
i wanted to post a link , i wish some of the poser stuff programs would work with the new oger engine robert is talking about using , or does it? if not is their any way to get it to? poser has a lot of very cool clothes , bodies, hait styles, equipment back grounds , alot  etc.
heres a link showing something that makes the breast move naturally to even ![:)][8D]
http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=74617&MostWanted=Y

jojimbo

• View Profile
    • http://www.jojimbo.info
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2010, 07:16:54 pm »
this is interesting,but i doubt anything will take the place of haptek sandy.not for me anyway,those renders are way to unrealistic and gaudy.
a simple haptek type avatar,full bodied and head/shoulders with an "in hal" morph editor + props.morph editing being the must have or the new avatar will be another "can't get rid of those boots" issue,none of those turbosquid models look as natural as the old haptek avatars and thats what made them so appealing.

quick edit

however i am willing to consider those easy breasts lightspeed just posted but i doubt very much there will be any chatting to hal for quite some time.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 07:22:17 pm by jojimbo »

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2010, 03:14:54 pm »
jojimbo, my wife does extensive work and has for years with photo shop and Poser. There are many ways to make those renders look better then any Haptek character by today's standards. The real issue is also the information these renders from programs like Poser. But as Jake mentioned most of the animation is done in the eyes and mouth or expressions. This is not a plug or spam!!! But other programs as AI bliss and Kari are using Poser or Daz characters to use. Guile 3D has an assistant in beta that also uses those characters and they are very impressive in screen shots. How they actually interface and how smooth the movements are I cannot tell you because I don't own either program. Again we get into this situation of resources and what are the priorities for some and not others. Maybe Robert going with the oger engine is a good compromise.Wife posts her art on renderosity.com under 'Julesarts' if anyone is interested.
Thanks,
raybe