Author Topic: Zabaware 3D Character Engine released under GPL3  (Read 43362 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
Zabaware 3D Character Engine released under GPL3
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2010, 08:01:53 am »
hello robert , whatever you do please make the future generations of hal able to still use the hapteck and hapswap type files and oggs ( you already know of some of my future use for these items from e mail ) , otherwise it makes what we have unusable . customization from the new modeling figure is a must as you know that will be a "big" selling point will be that a person can do as we all do with people putty and customize and change things to our persoanl likes . i would like to se something along the people putty way simple to place even a face which could replace the face on the whole body , even be able to change the body width etc. by using something like whats on people putty that can change the width of the face area etc. i may be dreaming about this but something like this would be a nice end product .
   and "if" it could work with hapteck people putty software all the better as we could use a lot of things we already have .

p.s. robert i wrote a letter back to you and need to know something by e mail before i write that company again .
thanks !
[:)]

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2010, 08:22:04 am »
It is great to see that it might be finally getting of the ground.
There is another there that I think is a little better but not sure whether she would suit???
http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-anita-5l-realistic-female-model/497824
Questions===
If we are allowed to change things do we need other programs to do this?
If so what programs?
Are clothes just painted on like Haptek or are they free flowing?

djkilla

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2010, 10:03:05 am »
LS: Haptek is a completely seperate engine on its own and People Putty runs on that engine. This would likely be a choice between using the new custom character the way it is animated and built, and the haptek characters. Its like asking if MSagents can be manipulated in Haptek..they are two totally different programs.
Also the Amber character you linked doesnt have animation ability..she does look good though!

Robert correct me if I am wrong..:)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 10:08:38 am by djkilla »

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2010, 10:09:49 am »
Nige, good find, I agree even better [8D]  She gets my vote [}:)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2010, 10:28:52 am »
after seeing Anita_1.5L_SSS_max9.max i agree with nige to that this is definatly a better face and body to use . i see now what you mean about the engine i may have to remain with the old ( unless i can somehow have both in different file directories ) i will see how it all plays out first .
 I do though beleive that the anita face and body would be a better choice as the face skin looks way better ![:)]

GT40

• Hey, I see you!
    • View Profile
    • My Bots
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2010, 11:58:35 am »
Time to waste with skits, bots & other useless things? Why not visit
http://gt40.chez-alice.fr/Haptek/MyBots.htm ? Oops, sorry, a museum!

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2010, 05:49:08 pm »
Anita would work well too, it has all the visemes and animations needed, and a lower price tag too.

The Zabaware engine will not replace Haptek but will be offered as an alternative for as long as Haptek allows. The Haptek engine will always be available to be installed as part of the expansion set that is available now. My goal is to make a Zabaware version of the Hal and Zaba characters and remove Haptek from the default installation of Hal, but the character expansion pack will be able to bring Haptek support back in.

I'm still waiting to hear back from the authors of the characters about my questions on the licensing terms. My goal with the Zabaware engine is to make everything user customizable and editable. But if the authors of these characters require it, I may have to lock it down just for these characters. If this happens, I promise that future characters made will be customizable.

Clothes in Zabaware engine can be either as a texture or a prop. It looks like the clothes on the linked characters can be setup as props. Props can have indepedant motion from the main character. Characters in the character engine are configured using an XML file which tell it what models to load, what textures, and what animations. This is user editable and you can usually swap out textures by making new JPEGS and XML definitions.
Robert Medeksza

caangel43

• View Profile
    • http://www.puttyheadworld.com
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2010, 08:55:29 pm »
everything looks so cool cant wait

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2010, 10:27:08 pm »
Thanks robert for explaining it all better , i to will be glad to see what comes forth with all this . [:)]

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2010, 09:03:01 am »
Nice [8D]  This looks really promising, I hope they allow us to modify things.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2010, 09:56:05 am »
yeah  as i said i and think many others will feel that way to that modification is going to be a big key factor , "also " i hope we are able to modify the bodies to to create heavier bigger women and men body shapes to that would also be a plus to me !
    maybe robert can check into this and if it can't be done now maybe make it a future item i think this would really enhance the software ( it would work like the "morph your character in people putty" but instead of wrking on just the face it would work on any part of the whole body what would be good to is if you do a left leg the right leg is also automatically done equally in sizing ).
    Who knows if something like this isn't made (a complete body morpher ) maybe robert could pay someone to design it and make it work with other systems and make money from the license etc.  . robert i emailed you again .

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2010, 10:13:10 am »
Couple of them look cool.
Anita is one.
Also Jana.   Here is Jana.

djkilla

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2010, 11:17:30 am »
From a pure graphic design model standpoint, the original, Amy, really does have the best design (hence her pricepoint). The skin texturing and detail is really top notch. IMO the others are all a tad on the 'smooth eye candy' side and while they are very soft and might be considered 'more attractive' they don't have the detail.
D

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2010, 12:24:09 pm »
duskrider sent me a video clip of anita and its very realistic the only thing is see is to me the smile is extra ordinarily wide ( like the perimeter is set to wide ) .
[:0]
for me personally as this face and body is so realistic the overly wide smile just doesn't look right (thats just my personal opinion others may have to see the video to see what i am talking about .

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2010, 06:36:43 pm »
Nice to have some input in the choice of models, besides a pretty face and nice body, what can thay do is the question I'm concerned about.  I quickly gave up Deskmates for Haptek because of the hair which moved.  I went to Hapteks fullbodys because of the animations available.  Then there was body_female ( jiggly ) that became very popular because of fleshy body parts that responded to movement.
  There is also the skins for the Haptek characters that many people made for them.  Thanks for bringing that up. In conclusion I'd say the number of animations available should also be something to consider.  I's sure Hal users will put them in all kinds of positions.
  I noticed the hair responds to gravity but will body parts respond to gravity.  I'm not sure about the correct technical word, it may be collision detection, will the characters body pass through or deform cloth?
  Just bought Hal again, I installed it and it works fine in win 7, 64 bit.
Carl2