Author Topic: Mr M, Update Please  (Read 4501 times)

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
Mr M, Update Please
« on: September 23, 2010, 06:49:47 pm »
How is the new model coming along ( or is it not?) :-\
In July you said that a beta may be ready late August, WELL? ::)
It is now late September & not a word have we seen.
Hopefully we will hear some good news VERY soon. ;D

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
Re: Mr M, Update Please
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 06:35:53 am »
I'll add my voice to that request can we have some kind of update please and even pretty please ?  :D

NIGE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 06:51:21 am »
Hey, Freddy.
Nice to see someone else interested.
It's been a while since the carrot was dangled in front of us so that is why I'm asking.

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 08:06:34 am »
I am interested too. Just don't want to rush it and get something disappointing.  :)
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 09:02:02 am »
if i haven't mentioned about wondering about any update news it's not because i am not interested that's for sure , i guess i have just been trying to be patient and each day thinking we are going to hear something or actually get the update  ;), so yeah i am definatly hoping to hear something to from robert to! :)

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 03:31:11 pm »
Things are slow, but I'm definitely still here working on new things. Right now I'm working on getting Hal's brain working on a system of linux+windows cloud servers that will automatically scale up or down depending on demand. This will allow me to launch Hal as a service for web sites, app development, commercial use, and as an option for Ultra Hal Assistant.

Hal's brain is also continuously monitoring conversations between people on twitter and learning from them. Hal throws away over 90% of information it reads there, keeping on what it considers to be best. Over the past few months Hal has gathered over 400,000 conversations there to improve his depth and breadth of knowledge and ability to stay on topic. The database is being designed to handle millions of entries without problems.

I'm also preparing Hal for the Loebner competition that is coming up on October 23rd in Los Angeles.

The character engine development is still stalled due to funding problems. I've spent over $50,000 on its development so far and it is about 90% complete, just needing artwork and bug testing at this point. Zabaware's sales have slowed down these past couple years that I just don't have it in the budget to finish it right now. But with the release of the upcoming Hal cloud service I hope sales increase and I can finally finish this.

The web page design of zabaware.com is also currently under redevelopment and will be launched along with the new Hal cloud service. I'm hoping this will be by the end of the year but I have no set date yet.

So things are definitely progressing, but a lot slower than I would hope. I'm working on projects I can do myself rather than on projects where I need to hire out additional help.
Robert Medeksza

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010, 04:54:14 pm »
thanks robert for the update , at least now we know on some things , so did you get some new alga
rythym type program now where hal does stay on subject better ? you mentioned about hal staying on subject better , i guess about hal getting rid of 90 percent of stuff unusable is done by filtering?in the filtering any unwanted words in a sentence rids of a who sentence or conversation? i don't know if you saw it or not but i mentioned something that if possible in the future would be good for a hal program and that was smart spelling correcter where hal could correct spelling simular to the way that dragon naturally speaking does by how the sentence was used and if most of the word was spelled right (and would correct it so it didn't get in the learned loop in hals brain (editing sometimes can be a pain ) this of course is for people who don't have voice recognition , which takes care of most spelling . i know it is additiona cost but i think it would be good for a future hal program as not everyone is great spellers when typing by hand and not only that even if a wrong key is hit mispelling a word .
well anyway glad to hear from you and on what all is going on . i am still trying to work with that one company i mentioned but wireless speakers are holding me up so far , this would also generate sales for hal for you to .  :)

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2010, 06:36:24 pm »
I guess we'll have to wait. But it would be a nice Christmas present to be ready by then, lol.  :D
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2010, 10:43:46 pm »
Hey markofkane . now tell the truth have you been a good boy this year ...santa wants to know lol !! ;) ;D

NIGE

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2010, 02:06:43 am »
Thanks for the up-date Robert.