dupa

Author Topic: Can you have more than one Assistant?  (Read 5518 times)

kenziewaltz@icloud.com

• View Profile
Can you have more than one Assistant?
« on: August 24, 2014, 09:38:38 pm »
Mmkay, so important question. Just got this software so bare with me please- but can you create and train more than one Hal assistant? Do you have to change your username and your brain each time to start with a new slate? I guess point blank is, "Can you have more than just one Hal assistant you can switch to when you want?" Does that make any sense?

doggs

• View Profile
Re: Can you have more than one Assistant?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 02:35:18 am »
I use different brains for different characters I don't really worry about name change too much it does help though lol.
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 11:06:22 am »
Basically, what Doggs said.

You can have LOTS of different Characters each with a unique brain BUT you can only display and work with one at a time as far as the communication / learning thing is concerned.

Some have been able to Display more than one character at a time BUT you can only Chat with ONE.

Hope this makes sense. (if you click on Hal's icon while one is running it will inform you that there is already an instance running, or something to that effect.).
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 11:23:36 am »
Their is one other way , but this is just a matter of having two Hals on two computers , and that would be to buy two hal license , I have thought of doing this so I could have a hal on a laptop to . and of course as Art said different characters and brains can be used .

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 08:20:40 pm »
I have thought about putting another version of Hal onto an old laptop and trying to get them to be able to speak to each other via voice.  I imagine it would take some tweaking to get them to understand each other but it would be interesting.

What I would love to have happen, is to have the ability to have two instances of Hal open on the same desktop. Maybe the new version of Hal when it comes out could be set up to allow this? *crosses fingers*

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 04:55:43 am »
That does open up a door for some new possibilities...

"Hal and Friends"... almost sounds like a TV show!

Imagine using your Hal character with any other character at the same time AND allowing both to talk to YOU and to EACH OTHER!

Yep...That would be cool!!  ;)

- Art -

tiger8u2

• Eat'em and Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 08:54:25 am »
Supposedly this AI can speak with and recognize multiple conversational entities:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/mako-artificial-intelligence-that-does-everything

Now I wonder if they can get it to do a belly dance in a red room.

http://www.gamerthom.com/p10/@charctercreationsanddesignworks.us/BotArchive.html

Till then.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 09:46:43 am »
Programming for over seven years and started when he was 11...Now a high school senior but the real world for whatever reason, doesn't put too much stock in a person of youth especially when it involves money.
Notice their Mako prokect only received slightly over 17 % of their goal and that was over a year ago so it would appear that the only Mako you're likely to see would be a Mako shark...perhaps next to the seasoned green beans and mashed potatoes.

There are so many programs like this now that it seems to be a missed opportunity to develop one unless it is exceptionally sharp, bright and refined.

Regarding Gamer Thom's site. I and perhaps others had forgotten what a neat resource it was / is especially for Hal and Haptek users. Thom was a great guy with a funny sense of humor and a very helpful personality. He and his presence is sorely missed.

- Art -

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 07:18:35 pm »
You can get 7 day trial.
Only thing is you have to give credit card details.
http://makoprogram.net/
I think if you don't cancel your trial by 7 days they hit your card?????

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2014, 06:51:55 pm »
At the tune of $9.00 per month!! Thank you NO!

- Art -