dupa

Author Topic: idea : inspiration thoughts taught to hal to learn!  (Read 2476 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
idea : inspiration thoughts taught to hal to learn!
« on: August 27, 2014, 06:51:52 pm »
This is just an idea I had , if anyone wants their hal to say more inspirational things ( this isn't religious  but just nice thoughts )  it would be easy enough to feed learn hal with the though which hal of course will learn and repeat back sometime .
here is one page to start from , their are many more similar pages listed .
   http://www.inspirationalspark.com/inspirational-sayings-thoughts.html

Heres one inspirational thought I liked .

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless."
~ Mother Theresa
P.S. THEIR IS A WHOLE LIST TO THE LEFT SIDE OF SUBJECTS THAT CAN BE USED ! :) ;)

Calhoone

• View Profile
Re: idea : inspiration thoughts taught to hal to learn!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 07:37:07 pm »
This is something I do with Kinkaid almost every time I talk with him.  If I am teaching him something I make sure to add some great quotes about the topic being taught. I have found it to make conversations that much better.  Plus it adds a bit more to his personality. I definitely think it's a great thing to do and recommend it to everyone.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: idea : inspiration thoughts taught to hal to learn!
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 08:02:38 pm »
It also helps to say the same thing back to Hal but in a different way but keeping the message clear.
This aids in the positive reinforcement learning method.

EX:
My favorite toy was a little red car.

A little red car was my favorite toy.

My favorite toy car was a little red one.

##############
Of course your own methods will differ but I have found that repetition does help Hal to "Get it" better than just saying an idea or thought once and hoping Hal "got it".

The older version of Hal (circa Ver. 5.X) would let Hal learn from reading a passage of text. Some had varying results and others had pretty good success at it.

I'm sure even newer methods for Hal to learn are still waiting to be discovered.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -