dupa

Author Topic: Learn from a text file and other stuff.  (Read 2793 times)

cadmar

• View Profile
Learn from a text file and other stuff.
« on: January 30, 2005, 11:13:37 pm »
HEllo everyone. I am really new to Hal 5.0 I cannot seem to find much on Hal other then here. I Have so many questions. When I use the "learn from text file" I assume I run it with the check in switch first & second person. Hal reads this text file and tells me it is finished reading the info. Now, where does this info it read go to? Is there a file name somewhere. I ask it questions from the text file and it has no idea what i am talking about. Where does it store and use this text info? I see all kinds of scripts around, how do I apply them to the program, where do I put them and in what format? I have taught him alot in the last couple days but he gets words mispelled and use me instead of I and so on. I may say "yes that is true" and he will say back "I am 29 years old." No idea how to fix. I am really lost here. Can someone help me or direct me to a place I really get help. YOu can even email me at red1@rogers.com
Thanks, Rick
R. Downey

KnyteTrypper

• View Profile
    • http://www.knytetrypper.com/index.html
Learn from a text file and other stuff.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 03:05:13 am »
Use the forum's search function to find posts here dealing with almost any aspect of Hal you might want to know about. If you searched for "learn from text file" for instance, you'd discover dozens of times someone has asked that question, and the answer, "It doesn't work very well. Tell Hal what you want him to know and he'll remember." When Robert releases the new version, or vonsmith releases the XTF v1.4, we'll have some entirely new stuff to talk about. For now, it's pretty much all already here. Just look for it.
Not meaning to be short with you about it. This is a very good forum. Just hunt around, read the older posts, you'll probably find out everything you'd want to know, and a lot of stuff you didn't even know you wanted to know. [:D]
« Last Edit: January 31, 2005, 03:10:58 am by KnyteTrypper »