Author Topic: Is it true??  (Read 2553 times)

bbsnooks

• View Profile
Is it true??
« on: January 14, 2004, 12:41:29 am »
Hello   I am a new user of the trial version of hal... who I think is quite interesting.. I use Zaba  ...

I am curious to know about the speach recognition in this program..   am I to understand that it can work with the word processing.. as in Microsoft word / office / ecxell.. these types of programs?

and that it will type in an IM?

I am curious what other functions you have created for hal to do?

thanks for your input.. this will help in my considering the up grade purchase...

Debra

Don Ferguson

• View Profile
    • http://www.cortrapar.com
Is it true??
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2004, 03:26:37 pm »
Hi Debra,

After installing Hal 5, I discovered that I could click a few menu choices, and "enable" the speech recognition to put text into almost any program, just about anywhere that I could put the cursor!  I believe that this is because Zabaware designs their software in a very modular way, and that their speech recognition is a Microsoft module.  

I have never tried the speech recognition on an Instant Messenger; maybe other forum members can fill us in if they've tried it this way.

I'm a long-time fan and contributor to Ultra-Hal; Hal can do a lot of things, but primarily I enjoy the software as an entertainment product.  

Make sure you look around this forum, on the older postings as well as the new ones, and I think you'll get a good variety of ideas of how people are using Hal.  Some members have even hooked Hal up to be the speech-generator for robots and audio-animatronic figures!

Hopefully, many more members will respond to your posting, and comment on the different ways that they use and enjoy Hal.

Let us know how it goes as you continue to use Ultra-Hal!

Sincerely,

Don
Don Ferguson
E-mail: fergusonrkfd@prodigy.net
Don's other forum posts: http://www.zabaware.com/forum/search.asp?mode=DoIt&MEMBER_ID=274