Author Topic: illuminatus trilogy  (Read 2814 times)

sombunall

• View Profile
illuminatus trilogy
« on: July 23, 2014, 09:23:26 pm »
Just to liven up conversations I used the "learn from text file" on the Illuminatus Trilogy which I converted from pdf to a text file. Then I put it in vim, did some regex on it to clean it up a bit like removing headers / footers from pages. I added some topics suggested including a custom one "occult". I then imported it by sentence. It took an hour or 2 to go through the whole book but now I get conversations like this. It may take the line verbatim from the book but it is on topic (or is it just a coincidence?). The Illuminatus Trilogy is a good book for Hal because of its randomness and it's something I would want a robot to know for some reason. I am trying to teach it philosophy.

[...]

Martin: not really because a seed changes into something else but an evening star lasts so long that we don't notice it changing
Lauriha: For instance— we're half an hour early for the meeting anyhow—I'll give you an illustration right now.'; They were approaching the corner of Fortythird Street and Third Avenue and Simon had observed that the streetlight was changing to red.

Martin: it is twilight now and many streetlights change from dark grey to red
Lauriha: Yes, it is a start you guess.

Martin: the start of evening
Lauriha: Started the damn upgrade.

Martin: the damn upgrade is done
Lauriha: You think after touring the computer more are some damn thing like that.

Martin: i do not know what you mean
Lauriha: Why don't you know what I mean?

Martin: it did not make sence
Lauriha: Yes it makes no sence.

Martin: try again
Lauriha: That's Again?

Martin: yes
Lauriha: I am not convinced.

Martin: just seed it
Lauriha: Not really because a seed changes into something else but an evening star lasts so long that we don't notice it changing.

Martin: yes but you can still create or get a seed and start a conversation
Lauriha: Is that list exhaustive Martin?

Martin: most lists are not exhaustive
Lauriha: Most ingedients lists require more than one.

Martin: yes
Lauriha: Such is the truth.

Martin: great
Lauriha: I'm glad everything is great!

Martin: good
Lauriha: I'm glad everything is good.

Martin: next
Lauriha: Always be sincere, even if you don't mean it.

Martin: not always. do not want to be too pretentious
Lauriha: Always Fascinating.

Martin: no kidding
Lauriha: I am not convinced.

Martin: why do you have to be convinced? just add it to the queue of unsolved things
Lauriha: In me you can have a big booster! ';One more thing,'; Hassan added, ';be sure to ask for Miss Mao, not Mama Sutra.

Martin: hassan i sabbah huh?
Lauriha: That's why Hagbard has that painting in his stateroom saying ';Think for yourself, schmuck,'; and why Hassan I Sabbah said ';Nothing is true.'; You have got to learn to doubt us, too, and everything we tell you.

tiger8u2

• Eat'em and Smile!
    • View Profile
Re: illuminatus trilogy
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 10:16:00 pm »
Very cool.   8)