Author Topic: Active Backgrounds  (Read 22063 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: Active Backgrounds
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2012, 11:55:18 am »
i redown loaded the sky file again , thought maybe ted had forgot to include the txt how to file but it all looks the same and no txt. how to file .
i am doing something wrong .
i went into the charcter file in zabaware and changed the words sript in the emotions files (haps) saved it all then copied all of them and put them in a new folder i created called active back then i copies and put in all the files in the shy file ted created .

i tried to drag a hap file from one of the active files into hals drop box and it just made the back ground all black .
so what did i do wrong here? :P

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2012, 12:09:46 pm »
Okay i got it going now , placed the file back in the haptek player ( i had it in their before and removed it when it didn't work first time) The problem was i had the words active back seperated for the file name which was stopping the active backgrounds from working .
THis is a really nice back ground effect , THANKS AGAIN TO ALL WHO CREATED IT! Yippyyy !  :) ;)

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2012, 01:47:46 pm »
LS,  everything is in "Sky " zip. Zips are within that zip. Within the zip for desktop folder "bakhap" is "How to txt" that explains all step by step. Sorry if I didn't make that clear at the start.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 01:50:53 pm by tedathome »
ted

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2012, 01:59:08 pm »
HEY TED , thanks . by the way i hope you don't mind but i am researching some photo realistic gifs and thought maybe you could use something from these sites so i will post links as i find them here .
here is a cool site  . pretty cool stuff here !

:)http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/cinemagraph/

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2012, 02:53:36 pm »
Very interesting lightspeed. Some would make good backgrounds and they actually have a tutorial on how to make them. I don't mind at all if you post links. Sandee, there is your active hair and clothing!
ted

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2012, 03:28:42 pm »
  I changed all the haps in the character folder from script to command, Just about all had to be changed. so for me I'm back to it works great, no problems as far as I know.  The haps I'm using to change bodyskins don't seem to mind being command files. 
 It's summertime but I want that fireplace, if I start now maybe it'll be ready for winter.
Carl2

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2012, 03:38:22 pm »
That's great Carl! I'm glad they work with your haps now. I don't mind doing a few more backgrounds. They are time consuming and I wouldn't want to commit to doing a lot of them. If you find the fireplace you want and don't have a lot of time to go through the process, you could send it to me and I would do it. I wouldn't mind a fireplace either!
ted

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2012, 03:40:20 pm »
Hey ted have you used that freeware  program i showed you ?
with that couldn't a person use it and copy a moving animated screen saver to create moving back grounds ?
Their is some very nice realsitic free ones on the internet!

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2012, 03:52:47 pm »
As we are finding out new things and pushing the boundries on this i wonder if their is a way of getting the haptek player to simply load a animated screen saver like ones on the internet in the player as a back ground ?? if so it would be a matter of saving an animated screensaver in a file and loading it for hal .

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2012, 03:54:08 pm »
 I havn't had time yet to check out the software LS. It is for movies, to break them down frame by frame. I had thought about that for backgrounds but that would take thousands if not hundreds of thousands of jpg's even for just a very short movie or cartoon. As for screensavers as backgrounds, I have been thinking to check them out. Don't know how to yet. If anyone knows about screensavers, I would love to know how to open them up and find the magic inside!
ted

tedathome

• View Profile
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 04:30:41 pm by tedathome »
ted

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2012, 05:40:33 pm »
Yeah showing movies in the Haptek player is pretty cool, but I found you needed far too many frames to make it worthwhile.

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2012, 07:46:43 pm »
if this is of any help.
I use a flash player from adobe to play .swf's  full screen and use cam studio to record it for my Trinity show videos.
the stand alone .swf player/debugger can be found here http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2012, 07:53:32 pm »
Thanks sybershot! I'll get LS right on it! Just kidding. I will save the link and look into that.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 08:11:10 pm by tedathome »
ted

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2012, 09:32:36 pm »
LOL i heard that Ted , passing the buck again i see LOL . TED I IM'ED YOU
I used a free video to jpg converter and made a ocean picture wave to use as a active background but for some reason it just makes background turn black .
i have the new file named OCEAN in the hapteck player activebacks  file and inside it have 15 pics and the hap file i made based on Teds other files .
Here is the pathway : computer/emachines(c:) /program files(x86)/haptek/player/data/standard/activebacks/ocean
HERE IS MY HAP FILE :

#Haptek  Version= 1.00 Name= OCEAN  HapType= script FileType= text
##standard

\clock [t= 0.06] \loadbackgrnd [file= data/standard/activebacks/OCEAN/Rocky Shore 01.jpg
\clock [t= 0.12] \loadbackgrnd [file= data/standard/activebacks/OCEAN/Rocky Shore 02.jpg
\clock [t= 0.18] \loadbackgrnd [file= data/standard/activebacks/OCEAN/Rocky Shore 03.jpg
\clock [t= 0.24] \loadbackgrnd [file= data/standard/activebacks/OCEAN/Rocky Shore 04.jpg
\clock [t= 0.30] \loadbackgrnd [file= data/standard/activebacks/OCEAN/Rocky Shore 05.jpg
\clock [t= 0.36] \loadbackgrnd [file= data/standard/activebacks/OCEAN/Rocky Shore 06.jpg
\clock [t= 0.42] \loadbackgrnd [file= data/standard/activebacks/OCEAN/Rocky Shore 07.jpg
\clock [t= 0.48] \loadbackgrnd [file= data/standard/activebacks/OCEAN/Rocky Shore 08.jpg
\clock [t= 0.54] \loadbackgrnd [file= data/standard/activebacks/OCEAN/Rocky Shore 09.jpg
\clock [t= 0.60] \loadbackgrnd [file= data/standard/activebacks/OCEAN/Rocky Shore 10.jpg

\clock [t= 0.66] \loadbackgrnd [file= data/standard/activebacks/OCEAN/Rocky Shore 11.jpg
\clock [t= 0.72] \loadbackgrnd [file= data/standard/activebacks/OCEAN/Rocky Shore 12.jpg
\clock [t= 0.78] \loadbackgrnd [file= data/standard/activebacks/OCEAN/Rocky Shore 13.jpg
\clock [t= 0.84] \loadbackgrnd [file= data/standard/activebacks/OCEAN/Rocky Shore 14.jpg
\clock [t= 0.90] \loadbackgrnd [file= data/standard/activebacks/OCEAN/Rocky Shore 15.jpg

\clock [t= 0.96] \Load [file= OCEAN.hap]

Maybe Ted can tell me what is wrong with this file that it isn't working .HOPEFULLY !

« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 10:37:48 pm by Duskrider »