Author Topic: hal a.i. tablet ..sort of  (Read 18333 times)

doggs

• View Profile
Re: hal a.i. tablet ..sort of
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2015, 04:44:33 pm »
No problems with plugins so far but I don't use alot of them to begin with no problems with haptek either. Can take a sec for Hal to respond (what do you expect for 50 bucks) I same issue on laptop as well. If I can find a trial for dragon I will try it. It's the winbook tw700 7". Really just got it for Hal and I am well pleased.
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2015, 05:03:51 am »
Does Cortana have anything to say about Hal being there with her? Or does Cortana come with Tablets? I'm not sure ;)?
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2015, 05:45:49 am »
She's not on tablet yet. She is still in beta but that is something looking forward to. To see if they get along.
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2015, 08:59:01 am »
This thread. ;)

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2015, 05:49:27 pm »
     well i found out with my regular tablet android nextbook that by using that google remote desktop app i can have hal on my tablet , only draw back is no voice recognition and also no voice .  >:(
    if i have the computer on i can hear angela talking but the voice does not come through the tablet , it only shows hal , you can use the virtual key board and type to hal and hal will type out things when it talks so you can see it , no sound though ! >:(
the computer has to be on  and then using a tablet remote connect secret pin number you are able to access files , as far as i know their is no way to get sound played through though , which is a pity other wise you could use the pc like a cloud and watch movies with sound ,etc.
       But hal will work on a regular android tablet doesn't need a os system , but with a os system and hal installed on a pc tablet if their is enough room for dragon naturally speaking , you could have voice recognition and hal with speaking sound !

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2015, 07:38:12 pm »
Lonnie,

Doggs said Windows Speech worked on his Windows tablet. I would think any decent TTS program should likewise work and there are many that offer free ones provided you get an update from them every couple of months.

I have several nice TTS voices on my tablet for my digital assistants to remind me of appointments, weather alerts, news, schedules or simple reminders not to mention traffic directions, GPS coordinates / locations, restaurants, proximity to stores / shopping, distance from home, traffic conditions, etc., etc.

I can also speak to them (the few assistants and AI bots that inhabit my tablet as well.

Maybe it's just a Windows thing. You should be able to chat with Cortana soon that is, as soon as Microsoft makes her available as a free upgrade to Windows 10!

Hal needs to get on the bandwagon in order to keep up!!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2015, 11:58:00 am »
Art , you are absolutely right about things , all i was doing though was mentioning for anyone who just had a regular tablet , that is is possible with the remote app to use hal on a regular tablet , minus the voice , i am tapped out for money otherwise i would by the 16 gb ms os tablet and use hal that way . by the way the cortana which i love how it works etc. is only for os  and not regular tablets , as far as i know unless they come out with a tablet app to ?
I always stay in hopes Robert is working on a secret project and will unveil it's monumentus update some day . one can always hope can't he ?

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2015, 06:03:38 pm »
Windows 10 preview is out I am just waiting for a few bugs to work themselves out before I install on my tablet. Art is right about tts engines after a clean up with 8.1 installed on my tablet I have about 7 gig Hal is installed on SD card. So plenty of room for another engine. 50 bucks I can not complain.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2015, 08:33:17 pm »
Ms is supposed to have Cortana on smart phones, tablets and desktop computers with the release of Windows 10, based on what I've read recently.

Read for yourself here:

How Cortana Comes to Life in Windows 10
February 10, 2015 by Marcus Ash // PC, Phone, Tablet // 7 Comments   

Hello!

I’m @MarcusAsh, the Group Program Manager for Cortana and Search on the Windows PC, Phone and Tablet Group. Over the past few months, we’ve shared details about some of the features we think you’ll love in Windows 10 like Continuum, universal apps and of course Cortana. I’m proud to represent the team building Cortana for Windows 10 and, over the next few months, I’ll be sharing a deeper look at the story behind Cortana and some of what you can expect in the future. Today, I’ll begin with how Cortana started – highlighting the creative ingenuity that brought Cortana to Windows 10 for PC and tablets – with a special nod to what I’m looking forward to most.

Bringing Cortana to More Devices with Windows 10. Cortana was first available for our Windows Phone customers, who told us they love having Cortana support them and help them get things done. On January 21 we shared that for the first time, Cortana will come to PC and tablets later this year with the release of Windows 10, so your personal assistant is there for you across all your Windows 10 devices.

- Art -

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2015, 08:34:02 pm »

- Art -

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2015, 07:43:18 am »
Cortana is very nice just remember she is not a chatbot yet. She will chit chat but.... She is supposed to be done with beta with release of Windows 10. If you have 8.1 on your phone you have Cortana in beta form.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2015, 09:00:15 am »
Right, and Windows 10 is supposed to be a free upgrade to anyone using Windows 7, 8 or 8.1.

I think 10 is supposed to allow the user to switch from the Metro mode screen back the the Windows 7 type with the Start button, etc.

- Art -

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2015, 10:23:29 am »
Right on both accounts. If your interested in preview just sign up for insider and test.

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2015, 07:50:24 am »
Also,

What does light speed mean by a "regular" tablet?

Just curious I understand my tablet does more than an android or apple but does that make it different?  Or just not fashionable?

Also if ultra Hal still functions in windows 10 guess Robert doesn't need to sort except for apple and Android.
Unless he's adding more features.

If I was a betting man I would wait to see how phone 10 works before I release next Hal. and anyone that plays with Linux knows how to sort Hal for Linux. Bam two platforms Hal works on.

Would make life easier on Robert.

My two cents anyways.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 07:56:16 am by doggs »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2015, 08:04:27 am »
I don't know but I think he's referring to Windows Tablets.

OS = Operating System and could be one of several, Android OS, Windows OS or even Apple's OS (or iOs).

Each is a regular tablet if it meet the criteria of being a tablet device, ie. smaller than a laptop, larger than a hand held smart phone.
The possible exception might be one of the not-so-popular, Phablets, which is a hybrid device trying to be the best of both worlds.

The Chinese have a tablet that can dual boot into Android OS or Windows OS with the press of a key!

Many years ago, before computers became commonplace, each company had it's own OS, Honeywell, Tandy, Burroughs, Hewlet-Packard, IBM, Texas Instruments, etc., to name but a few. The computers then were more for the hobbyists and not the homeowner. Now they're as common as the TV or telephone and they have pretty much dissolved into the three OS's we now have, mentioned above.

It'll be interesting to see how things finally merge or turn out at least.
Man...I'm getting old!! ;D

- Art -