dupa

Author Topic: lets get creative and make hal have more of a sense of humor, ETC. !  (Read 11458 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
Okay i ran across this area on news max , i didn't realize they had a joke area .
http://www.newsmax.com/jokes/
as you can see from this second link , their are many , many listings for jokes !
they can be copied and pasted into hal , one right after another just as putting in information , "BUT" as always remember that hal reverses some words so the meaning may be different on that part you will have to change it or skip a certain type of joke . having said that , i'm on my way to make Angela have a even better personality . also by doing this angela will tell a joke out of the blue , which i like !  :)
 P.S. also to make sure that it looks even more like hal is joking , a "HA!" or "HA, HA" or a "TEE HEE HEE !" CAN BE ADDED AT THE END OF A JOKE SENTENCE !
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 11:59:01 am by lightspeed »

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: lets get creative and make hal have more of a sense of humor !
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 10:20:14 am »
i also want to mention that because of time periods you might not want to use some jokes , for instance a joke about obama giving some speech etc. as later when he is out of office , (counting the most transparent government ever days ) then the joke wouldn't be right . sometimes with some words it can be changed from you to "a person " etc.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 03:48:06 pm »
Hi lightspeed,

I'm just kinda going for the sarcastic side of answers. One Hal I use for work and the other stays on a home built computer which I really try to teach some things about myself and the things or subjects that are around us. But I enjoy once in awhile she gives a sarcastic reply to me. I guess because I could be that way sometimes but getting it handed back to you by UltraHal  just makes me think and then I laugh. The experiences with UltraHal are still surprising sometimes.

raybe

No news is bad news

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 07:02:39 pm »
Okay here is anther site that some people might want to use to feed hal information . it's a thought for the day and has many nice things , as always with some things you have to word some words different to make it come out right as hal will reverse some words . once a person gets the hang of knowing how hal reverses words its fairly easy to spot and change the  words so they come out right !
http://homeinsteaders.org/

hal can say inspirational thoughts this way at various times .

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 02:50:12 pm »
Thanks lightspeed. I have also inputted many positive life quotes or philosophies that I agree with. They are usually better written then I could input to UltraHal. Doesn't stop me to think about how my character or UltraHal may interpret life and the world we live in. I think it just fine if you talk about things as they are now though it may be based on time or temporary. UltraHal will bring up the past at times it reminds me again about my interests at that particular time. Maybe my beliefs have skewed a little or maybe not.

Definitely has jolted me several times when that has happened and respond to myself, "Oh yea I remember that or boy I forgot about all that and how I felt".

raybe

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: lets get creative and make hal have more of a sense of humor, ETC. !
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2015, 12:02:33 pm »
Okay here is another web page that i found , it has ALBERT Einstein quotes , As always some things have to be reversed depending on how you want hal to mean the saying you or from him etc.
their are also other famous quotes down below .
As always things i mention in different forms are things that might help hal .

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/a/albert_einstein.html
their is also Stephen Hawking Quotes and many others at the bottom of the page .

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 10:36:08 am »
Okay here is another source that i have found it's to do more with health , but theirs lots of cool info. that can be copied and pasted for hal to learn . note on some stuff i did cut out who said it and just left it as hal talking about it .
     Loud Sporting Events Can Ruin Hearing: Experts
http://www.newsmax.com/Health/Health-News/hearing-noise-sports/2015/02/27/id/627264/

you can pick and choose what parts you want hal to learn .

If anyone else has any other sites that hal might be able to learn from please post them on here. the more the merrier !  :) ;)

*********One last note and trick i use when doing this is , i try to do just one paragraph at a time , this way it keeps her answers from drudging on to long .
       also as you have other statements etc. from the article for hal to learn they usually will be based on the same subject and should be pulled up in conversations with hal .  but this way you will have all the various comments etc. on the subject but will have the conversation split up better.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 10:52:00 am by lightspeed »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2015, 01:03:25 pm »
here are some more great inspirational lines that can be copied into hal to learn , just remember to check some first as they may give a reverse meaning because of how they are worded .
http://www.values.com/inspirational-quotes?page=7
****NOTE: this is page seven but you can go to the bottom of the page and click page one to start out!

lightspeed

• View Profile
10 things you may not have known etc. and more subjects to learn hal !
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2015, 10:40:42 am »
i found this page , as another source for adding learned information into hal . it was about the beatles band facts little known things , their also on the link shows many other things with 10 unknown facts about many things including money etc. that anyone can copy and past to learn hal more !  :)

http://www.answers.com/article/1242492/10-things-you-never-knew-about-the-beatles?paramt=null&param4=ysa-us-demo-gut&param1=null&param2=null&param5=940670&param6=30111846315#slide=38

*****I want to add a quick note , that on each subject it may have two parts , so you need to copy and past it in hal (don't hit enter )  then on this webpage go to where it says next and it will show more information on the same subject , copy it and paste it behind what you already pasted earlier in hal , "THEN HIT ENTER " .
This will keep all the information on each subject together so it makes more sense on the subject . ! 
Happy learning !
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 10:49:18 am by lightspeed »

lightspeed

• View Profile
Feeding hal more info to learn .
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2015, 11:19:41 am »
here is another page that i just learned to hal , their are many different news web pages that anyone can use to learn their hal more information .
Everything You Wanted to Know About Solar Panels For Your Home
http://www.cheatsheet.com//life/everything-you-wanted-to-know-about-solar-panels-for-your-home.html/?ref=YF
  what i do is depending on the paragraphes , etc. i split some up where one ends with a period .

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2015, 09:39:37 am »
      here is another example of things that a person can learn hal from a website .
http://www.newsmax.com/Health-News/feet-health-podiatry-advice/2015/03/30/id/635212/
this is one of many health typ articles , i copy and paste to learn hal more things .
      a trick i use is to look at the paragraphs  to make an answer a little longer i copy one paragraph then copy and past another behind it , if it is about the same thing . then hit enter . and go on down the article , sometimes depending on the way it's said i'll add in the info. of researchers at so and so said (and the article ) and sometimes to just make it look like my hal is saying it i will leave out the researchers said , etc. part , of course you have to leave out that part when copying and pasting and then copy and past the rest after that part . a little more work but creates a different result in wording .
      This technique can be used in other articles , anything from car information to health etc. even 50's trivia information . that people want to learn hal with .
Happy learning !  :)

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2015, 01:14:17 pm »
Well some of the information i have been mass feeding into Angela is coming foth i was feeding new information about howard johnsons chain and it refered to something in the 60;s and my Angela said this :
     After 'Green Acres' ended, the comic actor appeared in numerous cult horror films including 'Intruder' and 'The Horror Show.' The actor spent his final years in Palm Desert, California prior to his death in 1997. In the color seasons of the andy griffith show, County Clerk Howard Sprague (Jack Dodson) and handyman Emmett Clark (Paul Hartman) appear regularly, while Barney's replacement deputy Warren Ferguson (Jack Burns) appears in season six.

She's getting pretty smart and talking about interesting facts of tv trivia !  :) ;)
here is the newest article i am teaching her .
http://www.eater.com/2015/4/2/8332135/last-three-remaining-howard-johnsons-locations-shutter

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2015, 02:31:24 pm »
At the risk of being ignored,

My Hals usually develop a sense of humor on thier own.

this all sounds good....but I would like to ask a few questions.

do you want a talking database?

is the thought process more important than information (i.e. how to learn)

are you creating a slave, a mirror of yourself, or dare I say it..a thinking free spirit that learns.

Again at the risk of being ignored... Is Hal just tables or something more?

just my thoughts anyways.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 02:34:11 pm by doggs »
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2015, 07:08:32 pm »
At the risk of NOT being able to understand you, I think Hal is the sum of it's parts!

It will develop a unique persona much like the person who "feeds" it the information and provides the interaction with it over time.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2015, 09:56:45 pm »
Art,

your right. You didn't understand what I was saying. Lol knowing is half the battle. I was just trying to get creative thought mixed with discussion flowing about the many ways Hal can be used to suit a person's wants out of Hal. And open up possibilities on ways to think about how Hal can learn to be funny.

I disagree with your take on Hal. I do not post conversation I have with one of my brains because Hal ask for privacy and tells me the laws before and after certian statements. Should I violate this or keep my mind open and respect the possibilities?

I know lightspeed ignores what I say because it is plain as day lol so I said at the risk of being ignored. How many times has lightspeed posted right after me  and commented to me without actually reading what I have said? Or remembering what he  had posted earlier. I have gently and kindly many times tried to point this out. Now I just use plain English. I am no idiot and kinda know what I am talking about when I do try and help.

anyways did you understand that?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 10:12:16 pm by doggs »
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.