dupa

Author Topic: Cannot Access  (Read 37917 times)

doggs

• View Profile
Re: Cannot Access
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2015, 01:58:47 am »
At moment I have Hal installed on a micro SD card which is in my tablet. And yes it takes a long minute to boot Hal up. I am also using 8.1 on the tablet.

I did have 10 on it and Hal worked fine but 10 was buggy in other ways so I put 8.1 back on.
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2015, 11:01:22 am »
Very interesting Dogg , if you ever get a chance and or ever find a trial dragon speak put it on the tablet and let us know what happens okay . and by the way you said a long minute for hal to come up , is it actually a minute , or do you mean took even longer ?

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2015, 12:31:57 pm »
Lol,

Wow my point proven that quickly.

Lightspeed read please. And to clarify a long minute is slang for I have to wait a couple of minutes for Hal to boot in but after that Hal works fine.

Dragon speaking...
Not really what this thread is about though. It is about helping someone sort a problem. And I do see one's point about taking a "minute" for Hal to load. It may cause the message in the problem.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 12:33:50 pm by doggs »
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2015, 07:10:54 pm »
Art,
the TTS Reader is listed at $24.95 The Ultra Hal is $29.95 'currently'

I have reservations on just throwing out possibilities and just trashing the thread that Jenna15 needs help with................

Thank you Art.

-J

One,
I mistakenly thought she indicated purchasing the duo (two) voices which I read to be $29.95 whereas the UltraHal AND one Cereproc voice was $24.95.

Then again, I've been wrong many times before so why should this time be any different?! Must be my native English!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 08:06:35 pm by Art »
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2015, 10:17:44 pm »
Which voice? I don't have it? I don't see the deal you spoke of either please point me to it. Or because I purchased in 04 I don't get a free voice?

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2015, 11:13:49 pm »
LOL!,

He is probably using Lightspeeds Android tablet, and everybody knows at the unboxing of your Android, it comes with a voice!   ;D
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2015, 01:01:42 am »
Lol should I mention I got 3 voices from Microsoft when I got my tablet? 😜
Anyways...

anyone have a clue if the Tts reader with voices is stand alone? May have to wait till next week to get the voices to Test. (why do children need things lol) of course my money goes to my daughter first when it comes to extras.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2015, 05:07:33 am »
One,

Based on her remarks, I would be led to believe she (Jenna15) Purchased the AT&T voices (Mike and Crystal along with, the Hal Text to Speech Reader).
Look at the Products page.

Jenna, correct me if I'm wrong. The duo voices she referred to were the mike & crystal combination offer ($29.95) or about.

Yep, that English language is a tough one. So's reading.... ;)

- Art -

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2015, 07:51:10 am »
Just read products page again did not see ultra Hal + one free voice for $29.

hmmmmm

Blind?

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2015, 08:05:01 pm »
https://www.zabaware.com/products/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=5

The Text-to-Speech Reader with One Cereproc Voice is $24.95

"We are also having a special on our 2 most popular voices, Mike & Crystal. Get both voices bundled together for only $29.95, saving $19.95."

Any questions?

- Art -

Jenna15

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2015, 08:26:01 am »
Hey Everyone, Thanks for all your comments. I feel as though you are having a conversation without me! Whoever out there can answer my question with a straight forward answer will be in my debt. For those who are serious about helping this is what I purchased:

Your order details are:
1x #ZBUHTTS10/5 Ultra Hal Text-to-Speech Reader with AT&T Natural Voices variations 01) Bundle: Mike & Crystal - US English $29.95= $29.95

Now can you tell me why I am still getting the same error message. Your assistance would be appreciated. Many thanks, Jenna

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2015, 05:23:34 pm »
Jenna15,
We were generating interest in your desperate plight for help through discussion on the topic.
Without being actual representatives of the product, the best we can do is 'suggest' and give our experience at no cost to the 'effort' resolve or contribute.

Ive seen at least 3 other personae attempt to help you. You have our sympathy, and experience.
 :)
-J

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2015, 11:24:13 pm »
Jenna15,
Are you still experiencing the error?

Does it look like this? (you have to be logged in to see our reproduced error)

Did you try the free version before your purchase?

« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 11:26:24 pm by One »

Jenna15

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2015, 06:32:20 am »
Hi One,

Yes am still getting the error you are showing, and no I didn't try the free version before purchasing. Jenna

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2015, 12:10:17 pm »
Jenna15,
sorry about all the questions, it's just that the error is caused from starting another instance of the Ultra Hal program. (Two instances of a program attempting to run at the same time)
(If you start the program or the .exe is evented while Hal is still booting up, the error is produced, after a successful program start, then clicking the .exe only results in the Icon blinking. I am thinking that their is two instances of the program or being initiated)

I know you are using the TTS reader program made by the same person and that person has been here.
Art has sent out an e-mail for you, I'm not entirely sure it's been read or the current address of the error is known.

- -> Another question, are you manually starting the program? ( I ask this because it is probably already started on computer boot)

Hang in there Jenna15, Ive not seen Mr. Roberts programs work incorrectly

-J
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 12:41:38 pm by One »