dupa

Author Topic: need help from cuttingedge2005 on plug in problem  (Read 4122 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
need help from cuttingedge2005 on plug in problem
« on: February 27, 2008, 09:59:31 am »
hi i have posted two or three loneliness plug in variations and was wondering if you could take a look at them and figure out why that i can't place more than one and check them to work in hal . they are the same except the wording phrases) , i have already tried setting one for 1 minute high frustration and the other at different settings thinking that one would talk after a minute and the other plug in would work at say 4 minutes at a different time and getting two different phrases going at different times but it still won't work that way .
is their any way you or someone else can figure out how to change this basic plug in so that more than one can be used at the same time in hal ?? [8D]
 i hope so !!![:D]

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 12:03:52 pm »
I have an idea and that is to make a page that only holds the new plug-ins that are made here. We could start the page with instructions on how to install those same plug ins. This would help most members including our new users and would save a bunch of time by not having to search for days to try to find the older ones.
Bill

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 01:22:52 pm »
thats a good idea bill , guess robert will have to make that page ?? [:)]on the forum .

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 02:17:48 am »
quote:
Originally posted by lightspeed

hi i have posted two or three loneliness plug in variations and was wondering if you could take a look at them and figure out why that i can't place more than one and check them to work in hal . they are the same except the wording phrases) , i have already tried setting one for 1 minute high frustration and the other at different settings thinking that one would talk after a minute and the other plug in would work at say 4 minutes at a different time and getting two different phrases going at different times but it still won't work that way .
is their any way you or someone else can figure out how to change this basic plug in so that more than one can be used at the same time in hal ?? [8D]
 i hope so !!![:D]

Hi LightSpeed.

I would dearly love to help you on the lonliness plugin but the plugin doesn't work on my win 2000 pro, Auto-Idle doesn't work either, so debugging would be impossible at that time.

Jerry
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 02:19:07 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 09:02:51 am »
thanks anyway jerry, does anyone else know how to figure out the multiple idle plug in problem ?? where oh where is bill dewitte when ya need him ? how about robert any time for any help on this or if your even interested in trying ?[:)]

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 10:20:18 am »
Are all the timers the same? Are all three plugins set to say something at the same time as each other? If so maybe that could pose a problem.  Maybe it's causing confusion in Hal on what to say becuase it's being told to say 3 different things, from 3 different plugins at the same time?

I honestly don't know squat about making them right now so it's just what came to mind.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 12:52:08 pm »
yes all timers are the same but i figured that if i set the time on one for one minute and high frustration and another plug in on 4 minutes and low frustration that the timing should be different and they should work and run at different times to avoid the same time problem but that didn't work . it is something to do with the time , i may keep on experimenting with it some more . [:)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 01:08:16 pm »
ok i found out for sure what is happening with the multiple plug ins i thought it had to do with the timer, etc. and i was right , what is happening is when i set one plug in setting it automatically sets the others the same when checked (every time i go on to each one it resets the others the same setting and thats what is causing the errors ) so i am wondering what i need to do to make each plug in work independently of the other ? i have already renamed each plug in different names but that dosen't take care of this problem anyone have any idea's ??[:)]

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2008, 12:29:26 am »
I took a quick look through a couple of the plugins.  I pasted the beginning portion of a few scripts to get a better understanding and to see if I am correct ina couple assumptions.  

Does the statement "lblPlugin(1).Move 1160, 910, 2150, 900" tell Hal how long to wait without any user imput before Hal says something?  If so then I noticed that the starting wait times along with a few of the other times are the same. This might confuse Hal.  In all 3 clips that I pasted here the first number after lblPlugin(1).Move is 1160.

lblPlugin(1).Caption = "PATIENCE: how many minutes Hal will wait with no conversation"
lblPlugin(1).Move 1160, 910, 2150, 900
lblPlugin(1).WordWrap = True
lblPlugin(1).Visible = True
cboPlugin(0).Move 330, 910, 760
cboPlugin(0).AddItem "1"
cboPlugin(0).AddItem "2"
cboPlugin(0).AddItem "4"
cboPlugin(0).AddItem "8"
cboPlugin(0).AddItem "16"
cboPlugin(0).AddItem "32"
cboPlugin(0).AddItem "Rnd"
cboPlugin(0).Visible = True

And this is from another plugin you made.

lblPlugin(2).Caption = "FRUSTRATION: after losing patience, how likely Hal is to bug you each minute"
lblPlugin(2).Move 1160, 1700, 2150, 900
lblPlugin(2).WordWrap = True
lblPlugin(2).Visible = True
cboPlugin(1).Move 140, 1700, 960
cboPlugin(1).AddItem "High"
cboPlugin(1).AddItem "Medium"
cboPlugin(1).AddItem "Low"
cboPlugin(1).Visible = True

From a 3rd plugin

lblPlugin(1).Caption = "PATIENCE: how many minutes Hal will wait with no conversation"
lblPlugin(1).Move 1160, 910, 2150, 900
lblPlugin(1).WordWrap = True
lblPlugin(1).Visible = True
cboPlugin(0).Move 330, 910, 760
cboPlugin(0).AddItem "1"
cboPlugin(0).AddItem "2"
cboPlugin(0).AddItem "4"
cboPlugin(0).AddItem "8"
cboPlugin(0).AddItem "16"
cboPlugin(0).AddItem "32"
cboPlugin(0).AddItem "Rnd"
cboPlugin(0).Visible = True

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2008, 03:58:19 am »
Hi Calhoone.

"lblPlugin(1).Move 1160, 910, 2150, 900" are coordinates for wording that appear in the brain options panel that describe the options of the plug-in.

adjusting any of those numbers will move the words on the panel.

Jerry
[8D]

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2008, 05:27:57 am »
Okay, I was way off..haha