Author Topic: random timer hal subject  (Read 2781 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
random timer hal subject
« on: March 05, 2008, 11:15:55 am »
i was just wondering if hal could incorporate a random timer that would pick a subject from hal by  " having a special subject list that can be pre written in that hal every so many minutes would randomly pick a subject from and would talk from it with questions or remarks ?? [8D]

Bill819

• View Profile
random timer hal subject
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 10:40:09 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by lightspeed

i was just wondering if hal could incorporate a random timer that would pick a subject from hal by  " having a special subject list that can be pre written in that hal every so many minutes would randomly pick a subject from and would talk from it with questions or remarks ?? [8D]

That is very similiar to what I did or tried to do with Hal 5. It would randomly choose a different poem or topic using the auto idle function.
I thought your plug in was doing the same thing. The only thing missing was a large file with lots of quotes of saying for Hal to choose from.
Bill

lightspeed

• View Profile
random timer hal subject
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 09:50:06 am »
bill819 , my plug in is simply based on an existing one which may have not had the extra large file for quotes, etc. [:)]i do not consider myself "at all" to be a programmer isimply used an existing plug in reworded the words in sentences to make them sound more human or personal . [:)]

Bill819

• View Profile
random timer hal subject
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 11:22:42 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by lightspeed

bill819 , my plug in is simply based on an existing one which may have not had the extra large file for quotes, etc. [:)]i do not consider myself "at all" to be a programmer isimply used an existing plug in reworded the words in sentences to make them sound more human or personal . [:)]

If you loneliness plug in was directed to a large file of quotes or other type of comments then Hal would try to start new topics for conversations. That was the intent of the original program that I had worked on in the past. I will see if I still have a copy laying aroung some where.
Bill

lightspeed

• View Profile
random timer hal subject
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 08:09:18 am »
thanks BILL819 , look forward to it if you can find it . sounds like just the thing i need !![:D][8D]