dupa

Author Topic: conversational database  (Read 3952 times)

lycha

• View Profile
conversational database
« on: March 23, 2003, 10:28:14 am »
hi,
i would like to know how hals conversational database works. which exacttly informations are stored there? and how is the database called?

WholyChao

• View Profile
conversational database
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2003, 12:35:17 pm »
What are you trying to do?  That will have alot to do with how you should access the databases.  For the most part you should be able to access all the information you need through the brain editor.

WholyChao

lycha

• View Profile
conversational database
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2003, 05:29:31 am »
actually, i'm nothing doing with the database, i just want to know how it works and which informations exactly are stored there. i'm looking for a description or something like this.

Alessio

• View Profile
conversational database
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2003, 09:43:12 pm »
Is there a a forget command?, I tell him to forget my email and he tells me my email, then asks me if it is correct, I say no, he tells me I am negavite.

Anybody read the Hicthicker's guide to the galaxy? reminds me of the drink making machine ...

How can I convince hall that I don't have an email address, I am a programmer, can I edit some database? can I tell him to forget something? I tried every posible combination of words ...

When I tell him to email somebody, he tell me my email address, and he got it wrong, with no @ and no .

I tell him "How can you forget something I told you?" and he tells me some reverse psychology chat bot answer ...

Big bug

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
conversational database
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2003, 10:02:49 pm »
There is no forget command. You have to edit the databases manually using. Look at the databases in Hal's folder that start with your username and use a text editor to remove the entries you do not want.
Robert Medeksza

Alessio

• View Profile
conversational database
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2003, 03:35:10 pm »
Cool, I winziped all the Alessio*.* files I could find and not Hal no longer thinks that "Yoru email is not alessiohotmailcom"

Perhaps a forget command would de helpfull.

Thanks.

Alessio

• View Profile
conversational database
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2003, 04:17:34 pm »
I am not sure where the toy starts and the tool begins, I asked Hal what version he was and he said:

"What version am i? It's apparent that we should consult an expert. Oh please; I can't think of What Alessio! What version am i?"

I know there are people that are deighted to talk to computers for the fun of it, but, what is your target customer, power users that know hardware and software can do what we expect of Hal or people who want to chat with a bot? they can do that for free at 1000 places on the net, can't they?

Hal should know what version he is, how much memmory the PC has, empty space of the HDD, warn you if your are runing low on HDD, I mean, they are simple calls to APIs.

Just a thought.