dupa

Author Topic: Get a brand new body to play with  (Read 21805 times)

crunch

• View Profile
Get a brand new body to play with
« on: May 07, 2004, 05:49:45 pm »
About how do download the body... go to hapteks web site and download the free SDK... you will find 4 charatcters and debuggers in that SDK... if you hunt in the C:Program FilesHaptekHaptekGuide4MakinContentanimatinghaptars you will find a pleasant surprise!!!!![8D][8D]
also i have found that is you load up any one of those charachters and then while it is loaded go to the player folder you will see a temp folder that is only there while the player is running.. in it you can copy all the files for each character including all its movements capabilities.. and skins ect... have fun

NOw i still cannot find our what file in hal to edit to get him to also move the bodys??????[:D]
Crunch

<<I can't is the seed that never grows!>>

crunch

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2004, 12:27:44 am »
BTW the SDK come with 2 female and 2 male characters ... the HTR files are what i said would be the pleasent surprise
Crunch

Jsnake

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2004, 01:53:26 pm »
hey crunch, is this a full version option? i have had some limited success adding haptek characters with a couple of work arounds (no luck with the full body animations though) but i cant get most haptek agents come up on hals character screen. i am still checking out the hal free version until i get a better feel if this is the program for me and hear some better things in the forum about company response time. a good photo-realistic assistant would be great in any hal version.

NT Canuck

• View Profile
    • http://ntcanuck.com
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2004, 02:15:01 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Jsnake

but i cant get most haptek agents come up on hals character screen.

you can cheat a bit...
in /characters (zabaware folder in program files)
take for example hal.htr and rename it to hal.ht_
then rename (copy original so not lose it) the
new haptek character you want to display hal.htr
and the character will work (at least is usable).

I seem to have same problem with htr/acs characters
so that was quick and easy solution for the moment.
oh...use acs if an msagent critter, htr is haptek.

Maybe someone can post better solution?

NT Canuck

Don Ferguson

• View Profile
    • http://www.cortrapar.com
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2004, 03:15:02 pm »
Hello,

If you are using Hal version 4.5, the Haptek files require support files that are tricky to write.  Because of this fact, I often used the same work-around that you describe above.

However, if you have the latest Hal 5.0, Ultra Hal self-generates the supporting files.  You should be able to display any Haptek character under its true name, simply by putting its .htr file in the "characters" folder.

Sincerely,

Don
Don Ferguson
E-mail: fergusonrkfd@prodigy.net
Don's other forum posts: http://www.zabaware.com/forum/search.asp?mode=DoIt&MEMBER_ID=274

Jsnake

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2004, 04:19:15 pm »
thanks for the imput, i just downloaded the free version about a week ago and am using version 5.0.56 with the 5XTF vi.2 and have renamed the appropriate files for recognition. the situation is that the haptek .htr files dont show up in the "general options" character pick. i am putting them in the proper folder i think because i can get this work around to function with the same methods and placement. i was curious if this was a free vs paid HAL issue. or mbey im overlooking somthing painfully obvious (it could happen) thanks

Don Ferguson

• View Profile
    • http://www.cortrapar.com
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2004, 03:33:17 pm »
Hello Jsnake,

I don't know if there's a difference in behavior between the free version and the paid version with regard to the Haptek characters.  If there was a difference, it would be consistent with the Zabaware advertising, since they state that extra-character capability is part of the upgrade.  I hope some other forum members can report on this.

I'm running the paid upgrade version, and simply by putting a new character file in the "Characters" folder, it appears on the options list, and it runs okay under its own name.

Please, if any other forum members have compared the behavior of the free and paid-upgrade Ultra Hal versions with regard to this, let us know!  Thanks!

Sincerely,

Don
Don Ferguson
E-mail: fergusonrkfd@prodigy.net
Don's other forum posts: http://www.zabaware.com/forum/search.asp?mode=DoIt&MEMBER_ID=274

Jsnake

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2004, 05:43:11 pm »
Thanks for the response Don. i appreciate your time. I am not ready to go "paid yet" at least until i hear a lot better things about company support anf responce time. I am withholding judgement because im a student/business man also and know how overwhelming it might get for the creator to be wearing both those hats. But i am impressed with what i see in this product and how it stacks up with the competition and will keep tinkering and listening. (the forum resource is a huge plus)

KnyteTrypper

• View Profile
    • http://www.knytetrypper.com/index.html
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2004, 06:08:29 am »
I can report that I've had no success trying to import Haptek characters to my free UltraHal. However, I have a large MS Agent collection, and can load any of them.

crunch

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2004, 11:43:55 pm »
To import into free version.... Do this

Go into the Character folder and rename zabba.htr and hal.htr to a .htrbak<< that means backup it will not load in hal but it will preserve the original hal and zabba ,htr files for renaming later if you want to.. then take a copy of the .htr file for the haptek character you want to use and name it hal,or Zabba.htr... it will appear in the options as hal or zabba but it will load that new character... If you want it to have a different preview screen then edit the hal or zabba preview scren to the look for your new character!!! copy the .hap files for the emotions you want it to show into the same folder as the htr's... now rename the default.psn file to .psnbak make a copy and name it default.psn.. open it in notepad and you will see the only default moods that hal can access right now (MR M!! we need more mood options please????) you will see entries that look like this "Learn","anim_coyblinks.hap" or this.."Snooze","Sleepy.hap" << notice i changed the default moods to point to the .hap file I loaded into the root of the character folder.. Now hal will blink coyly and look contemplative when he is learning.. he will yawn close his eyes and sleep when he is at his time out alone....<<< This was where i stated I am now close to also getting the full body to animate like crossing arms when angry ect...
 I need help though there are not enough emotions to write scripts for in hal as is.... any ideas?????
 oh here is my Haleena

Download Attachment: crystalfar.gif
14.79 KB
Crunch

Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2004, 06:19:11 pm »
Try this ...

my default.psn

"Angry1","anim_angry1.hap"
"Angry2","anim_angry2.hap"
"Angry3","anim_angry3.hap"
"RunProg","anim_run.hap"
"Snooze","anim_snooze.hap"
"Write","anim_write.hap"
"Learn","anim_learn.hap"
"Happy1","anim_hap1.hap"
"Happy2","anim_hap2.hap"
"Sad1","anim_sad1.hap"
"Sad2","anim_sad2.hap"
"Sad3","anim_sad3.hap"
"Surprised1","anim_sup_1.hap"
"Surprised2","anim_sup_2.hap"
"Normal1","anim_normal_1.hap"
"Normal2","anim_normal_2.hap"
"Normal3","anim_normal_3.hap"

and my anim_angry1.hap

#HaptekSDK Version= 1.0 HapType= command FileType= text

load[ file= Hap_Angry.hap]
setswitch [figure= fullbod switch= shake_fist state= a]

my anim_angry2.hap

#HaptekSDK Version= 1.0 HapType= command FileType= text

load[ file= Hap_Angry.hap]
setswitch [figure= fullbod switch= shake_fist state= a]

and so on...if ya need more help let me know....short on time now  :(

maybe ya could tell me how to get her to wear something besides that orange thing...:)

Mav
« Last Edit: May 14, 2004, 06:27:26 pm by Maverick »

crunch

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2004, 02:54:37 am »
To change the texture file for the body...
Here you need to get hal to load a script telling the player to load a few things... this is what i am not able to get to work right all the time as of yet.. example
AddToInitQueue("StartupCrystal();");

function StartupCrystal()
      {

GrabFile('htrs/Crystal.htr', 'R');
         GrabFile('textures/crystalshorts.jpg', 'R');
                        Usefile('textures/crystalshorts.jpg', 'R');

}

function resetCrystal()

i not only changed the out fits... she has about 10 of them but i changed the entire body and face texture map.. i resculped the shadows and shape of eyes nose and brows.. She has a skin that not only has some freakles and small moles here and there but close you can see pores... you have to work at a resolution 8 times bigger than the final skin will be.. then reduce it with vortex shading and samples...  then save it as a .jpg with NO compression or sampling very high... you will need a lost of graphics horse power on your machine ect.. to run it I've got aFX5800 w/256 vid ram .. so i don't know how smooth it will run on less..
 Here is a WAY up close example of how good you can get the skin to look.. notice the forhead wrinkles and nose wrinkles, moles freakles  ..ect..  you can get the texture map from you full Bod to change by simply loading that HTR into the player then while it is on.. navigate to C:Program FilesHaptekplayer\temp <<< this folder is only there when the player is playing a file.. now you can copy all the files that it defalted... you will see the skin.. use it as a template to create you new one....
   Here is an example of what you can do attached...
 Have fun guys...
 AS soon as i or we or someone figures out how to get this all mapped in Hal all the way I'll make sure to share it...
 BTW I would upload some skins for you guys if i knew how to get them at zabba for you all to get...

Download Attachment: close skin.jpg
85.25 KB

Download Attachment: close2.jpg
69.34 KB
« Last Edit: May 15, 2004, 03:26:28 am by crunch »
Crunch

C06alt

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2004, 08:06:12 pm »
I have found a simpler way to load custom skins.
It seems the haptek player does not see the
Code: [Select]
<your install dir>/Zabaware/Ultra Hal Assistant 5/Characters/folder so commands in the emotion .hap files like

Load [file= [Happy.hap]]

will not work as it cant find the file in that directory.
Haptek player however always looks in its own directory
first if you specify the right path.
so the following work's

Load [file= [data/standard/safe_moods/Hap_Pondering_Mysteries.hap]]

this is actually loading files from
(If you choose the default instalation location)

C:/Program Files/Haptek/player/data/standard/safe_moods
so for texturs on a charector you could put your texture file
in one of the Haptek players folders and then trigger it from the
start up emotion file (Normal 1 2 or 3 in default.psn)
with a command similer to.

settexture[tex=  [data/standard/skins/body_maleMap2.jpg]]

for the above to work i created a folder called skins under
C:/Program Files/Haptek/player/data/standard
and put my modifyed skin in there.
Hope that helps.

"Data" A work in progress
« Last Edit: June 06, 2004, 12:26:46 am by C06alt »

iam bennu

• View Profile
    • http://iamARTevolutions.net
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2004, 06:35:41 pm »
Love the "Data" Hal and interface.

What a great idea. Please let us know how it goes.

I do have an interface question though.  What is the color code for the input and ouput fields?  I would like to be able to use more colors but do not know how to read the code.

Any Ideas

iam

C06alt

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2004, 03:40:23 am »
Glad you like the data.
The color codes are decimal.
i use the base converter in hexworkshop to convert the Hex values
that photoshop can tell you.
maybe theres an easyer way in photoshop, i dont know.
i have to reverse the hex though so 9A9CCC would be CC9C9A
before entering it in the base converter.