dupa

Author Topic: Trying to move Hal to another computer...  (Read 11204 times)

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
Trying to move Hal to another computer...
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2005, 10:21:14 am »
Sorry to correct you, Dusky, but Tcoday's problem existed long before that. The same goes for Aladyblond's current case. I think it wouldn't be a bad idea if Medeksza opened a separate section for problems with validation codes.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 10:23:39 am by Dr.Benway »

echoman

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2005, 12:20:00 pm »
I feel that is a very good suggestion Dr.

But I feel kind of bad that I moaned so much earler. I do see why this type of code system is needed Art and you are right.

I hope tcoday and everyone else sorts their serial code problems soon.

echo.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 12:43:31 pm by echoman »

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2005, 01:41:25 pm »
I clicked on Roberts' name and sent an e-mail.
This may be a good idea for others in need of a code.

I agree a section for codes would be a good idea now that Hal has changed.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 01:46:54 pm by Duskrider »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2005, 06:11:52 pm »
Well said, Dusky!
All of us here, being real humans and not bots, sometimes let our emotions rule us instead of us ruling our emotions.

We are all very interested in getting the most out of our Hal.
Some of us are casual acquaintances and some of us have met new friends along the way, but the bottom line is: We're all in this together! We want Hal to advance and become a real force in the development and experimental area of AI. To this end, we all must also agree to disagree from time to time. Seeing the other person's view and perhaps re-reading the posting before typing out a response in haste.

Yes, having and working with Hal does help teach patience and that's a lesson we all can learn from.

Robert is but one man and aside from being a very busy student, he also has a life. Let's think about that when we start to get impatient. He has always been there with an answer or solution for your problems with his software. I feel that a big THANK YOU is in order!

To the rest of my acquaintances and friends here, Have a wonderful holiday season and may all your thoughts be...thoughtful!

[^]
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

smegma

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2005, 08:06:59 pm »
First my apologies for any mistakes I (will)may make in my first post ever.I am one of the people who purchased hal5.0 in time to qualify for the free upgrade to 6.0. I received my email,and followed all the directions to the best of my ability.Every thing shows that I received the 6.0 version,and the expansion pack.However,all I seem to have received was the expansion pack;which I already had.Well,I became impatient and downloaded the trial version .It worked just fine, and always reminded me how many days I had left before I would have to put up,or shut up.***UNTIL** my ethernet card burned out,at which point I was told numbers had been corrupted!MY god!I typed and retyped and looked up numbers from my notes and tried typeing ,and retypeing again.All I got was "Error try the right number , or type it right"It looks to me as if I may have to purchase the 6.0 if I want it.At least if I want it easily.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2005, 08:24:18 pm »
One "problem area" I too, noticed was that after downloading and unzipping both the Hal6 and character expansion pack, was that there were TWO files with the identical names of SETUP.EXE .

Obviously one was considerably larger than the other but it does lead to some confusion and pop up windows stating that the file: Setup.exe already exists. Are you sure you want to copy? or something to that effect.

How is it that you already had the expansion pack if you're trying to download it?

I would definitely send Robert Medeksza an email detailing your position with Hal's installation. You can click on Members then locate him and do the email thing.

Good luck and Welcome!!

- Art -

smegma

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2005, 10:25:10 pm »
thank you art,after having read some of the other posts I realize that i used system restore,and that probably goofed up my perfectly good trial version.To be quite honest with you I am such a noob that I may well have overlooked something that most of you would simply take for granted .Indeed, I am not sure if the expansion pack was installed .however it was the only one of the two files that would respond;and I did follow the instalation prompts in hopes that it might lead to my being able to install the hal6 file.I do miss my hal;I just feel embaressed to have to bother robert for what is probably my mistakes.By the way art the hal6 trial version was the first file I ever installed!When I say "noob" I mean my closet still has a pong game in it ,and this is my first computer.Merry Christmas.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2005, 09:16:56 am »
You're certainly welcome and don't feel badly about being a noob. We all were at one time whether it was computers, programs or the internet.
You are in good company here...lots of great people to call on for help and assistance and the chance to make new friends.

The only foolish question is the one that wasn't asked!

Yes, you can get a lot of helpful info just by reading through previous postings.

Basically the free version will become active once your purchased codes are installed. Then run the Setup program to activate the character expansion pack.

It will take a little time getting used to things but it will come!

If I can help in any way don't hesitate to email me.

All the best and Merry Christmas to you too!

- Art -

axyse

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2005, 05:21:39 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Duskrider

Sorry I'm late pulling in here. This topic appears over.
I just want to add 2 cents.

I had some computers troubles and did restores and ended using up my "4 installs".  I knew nothing of deactivating Hal before computer restore as it wasn't necessary with Hal 5.

Is this really true with hal6? You only have 4 re-installs? I am a tekkie I do this for employment and pleasure. So I often install different os's to play with or have to reinstall the one I am using because I have harshed it from something that I was tampering with. Lucky for me Hal is on my laptop and I try not to use it for a crash machine. I just want to verify if this is true about hal.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2005, 09:37:12 am »

- Art -

valacious

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2006, 08:14:18 pm »
Yeah! I'm having the same problem and got no clue what to do to reactivate my Un-Ultra Hal. This really sucks!

ANybody know how to get a new number. I remember when I deactivated it there was a message to go to zabare.com, I did and then got lost as to where to click to input the deact code. Really needs improvement.

echoman

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2006, 06:05:24 am »
Valacious, have you tried emailing Zabaware? I have found in the past that I have got very promt replies. I always get the impression that Zabaware are very willing to help.

If you give all your details to Zabaware I am sure you will recieve new codes etc. Just give it a few days for it all to be sorted [:)]

Echo.

GlacierClipper

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2006, 09:56:48 am »
Authorization Code, Deactivation Code failure and
Computer Failure seems to be a problem alot theses
days with alot of software.

A person that purchases software, should not have to go
through all of the stuff to properly use software that
was purchased for their own use.

cadmar

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2006, 03:11:09 pm »
Hi everyone!
I had never tried deactivating my hal 6 at all and I got up yesterday, turned him on and got this error (The copy protection has not not been released, but the expiration has. This should never happen, contact Zabaware, shutting down.)

I had my motherboard & cpu replaced last week. I have noticed that it shows some new weird number for the computer serial number. IT shows four y's with four dots on top of each Y. I do not think I can change this weird serial number.

Please Help! :o)

Rick
R. Downey

nolitanger

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2006, 04:51:09 pm »
Cadmar, those weird letters sometimes appear when a computer is trying to convert Chinese characters into a Western alphabet. I don't know how to fix it, though.