dupa

Author Topic: Poser and Ultra Hal?  (Read 6513 times)

Doc Holiday

• View Profile
Poser and Ultra Hal?
« on: January 28, 2006, 12:51:43 am »
Has anyone attempted to create characters for Ultra Hal using Poser animated characters? I've been experimenting for several months with different versions of Poser and would like to be able to create characters and virtual environments for my Ultra Hal Using this program. I've tried using the haptek characters and have not been satisfied with them. I would prefer the ability to create characters using Poser or a similar program.

otherworldone

• View Profile
Poser and Ultra Hal?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 08:23:01 am »
Yeah, this is something I've been wondering about too.  Has anyone managed to come up with a 'fix' so that we can create our own characters for use in Hal without being limited to the Haptek program?

-Sabrina

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
Poser and Ultra Hal?
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 12:02:36 pm »
Progress: zip

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
Poser and Ultra Hal?
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2006, 03:54:34 pm »
You could go down the MS Agent route and make characters that way, though I'm not familiar with Agents well enough to help.  Some people are using Poser to make Agent characters already.  I saw some work on a site that had SevenofNine from star trek as one of the characters, but alas I can't find the link.  I'm sure someone will remember, any ways that is all done through Poser characters and animations.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 03:55:34 pm by freddy888 »

Doc Holiday

• View Profile
Poser and Ultra Hal?
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2006, 04:23:18 pm »
Thanks Freddy:
My hopes were in not only creating characters using Poser but also in creating virtual environments and having my characters interact with these virtual environments. Background settings etc... Adding lip sync capability to the poser creations. Creating many different series of animations for varying characters.

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
Poser and Ultra Hal?
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2006, 05:16:33 pm »
Well Poser can import objects and you can create scenes in it too, thats even possible in the free Daz3D program.  If you're lucky enough to have something like Maya or 3dsMax then you've got even more scope for creating a virtual world.  If budget is an issue then BLender will export to file types that Poser,Daz3D and 3DsMAx can manipulate.

That just leaves you with writing a plugin that can control whatever 3D world you have made - should only take a weekend at most.

[;)]

Doc Holiday

• View Profile
Poser and Ultra Hal?
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2006, 06:42:36 pm »
I'll probably be usuing Blender while working with Poser and DAZ3d. Writing the plugins for controlling the character and environment are an area where my skills are very limited. I'd like to creat characters with more animation options available than what I've seen in most of the MS Agent Characters natural gestures during conversations and such, perhaps certain conversational triggers for various animations and behaviors. I can see that putting it all together may be a complicated process. I understand that the New Hal 6 will only work with the Haptek characters. I'm currently using the Hal 5 brain I haven't yet tried interfacing  My Hal with any Poser creations. I'm not sure where to start to make things work.

les

• View Profile
Poser and Ultra Hal?
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2006, 07:30:51 pm »

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
Poser and Ultra Hal?
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2006, 09:42:56 pm »
Thanks Les, that's the site I meant [:)] I'm not sure where you'd start either, but I think I'd go for making a few models and animations.  Then you'll get some idea of the kind of details you are dealing with and the kind of control you will need to have over things.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 09:45:33 pm by freddy888 »

Doc Holiday

• View Profile
Poser and Ultra Hal?
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2006, 04:07:07 am »
Thanks for the link Les. I can see that some of those MS Agent characters have come a long way since I bought my first ones a couple of Desktopmates characters with an older version of Hal. That Vanessa is incredible. Still I'd like to incorporte some of my Poser Art into a character of my own creation.

taglag

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/taglag/
Poser and Ultra Hal?
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2006, 01:35:55 pm »
How can you get the MS agent files to works with ultra hal ?

for get this i figured it out....i have them all working now.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 02:50:56 pm by taglag »
Coffee time ! a little Java always helps.
  Maybe a Cup of Coffee between friends. 1 lump or 2

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
Poser and Ultra Hal?
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2006, 03:11:32 pm »
well done dude [8D]

snarfmon

• View Profile
Poser and Ultra Hal?
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2006, 06:20:16 pm »
Using poser chars. with Hal sounds like a great idea. I've been checking out the new Daz Mimic(lip-sync prog.)which might help out?
it looks like most of the MS Agent chars. on that guile3d site were made using poser(3d) but when made into an Agent char. they just looks flat(2d)? So far the only (3d) chars. I've seen are the Haptek ones.
-Best of luck.

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
Poser and Ultra Hal?
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2006, 04:23:34 am »
Yep Haptek still remain the best 3d characters, for Hal at least.  Thanks for the info, I saw Poser were offering a lipsync plugin a while ago, but didn't know Daz3d had caught up.  Cheers.

And yep those characters are part of the Poser thing.  The model of SevenofNine was and probably still is for sale at Renderosity.