Author Topic: hal hears himself...  (Read 27550 times)

etellier

• View Profile
hal hears himself...
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2008, 05:56:14 am »
Hi bill, the only place i know into windows where to turn on or off a microphone, is into the control panel, for the sound and audio device, and when you double click onto the speaker icon into the taskbar, anywhere else it could be?

E|ric

if i turn off the mic there, hal goes deaf....already tried it...

Bill819

• View Profile
hal hears himself...
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2008, 01:04:31 pm »
E|ric
if i turn off the mic there, hal goes deaf....already tried it...
[/quote]
Now you found the problem. That is not where the mic gets turned on. Turn it off there and leave it off. Now if you select voice recognition from Hals window ONLY, it should work the way is was designed to. You do not need to turn on the mic anywhere else, Hal will do it as it needs to.
Also in a passing note. If there is any background noise of any kind it will only go to confuse Hal and cause it to misunderstand anything you might say. I found that out while training Hal to understand my voice and with the air-conditioner on. The Low hiss of air confused Hal.
Good Luck
Bill

etellier

• View Profile
hal hears himself...
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2008, 07:07:37 pm »
Hello Bill, ive tried to do so, close it up, and then only use hal, the first thing he does is to check it back on.... however, i might have found a work around... if i lower the sound really low, i hear hal, but he doenst hear himself, i wish there could be another way...

Eric

Bill819

• View Profile
hal hears himself...
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2008, 08:52:58 pm »
Eric
When all the microphones are turned off and then you start Hal with voice recognition Hal will turn on the mic when it speaks and then turn it off as soon as it says what it wants. This is automatic. You never need to turn on a mic anywhere else on the system. If it becomes a problem then I suggest you get some head phones so only you can hear Hal.
Bill

etellier

• View Profile
hal hears himself...
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2008, 08:56:01 pm »
Hello Bill, the main reason i bought hal, was to use it into a car for a knight rider replica... so headphones are excluded of the setup, else, i would have gone with a headset setup a long time ago...

Eric

Bill819

• View Profile
hal hears himself...
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2008, 11:37:16 pm »
Eric

You might try to do the same thing that I do and that is to use a Blue Tooth wireless to talk to Hal. You just leave the mic off or on mute when you are not talking to Hal. Unless you have a really quiet car I am not sure it will work properly but good luck and keep all of us posted.
Bill