Author Topic: Stupid questions......  (Read 3152 times)

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
Stupid questions......
« on: March 13, 2007, 10:49:57 am »
I know I asked these before, but I don't remember stuff.

Is there a plug-in that can be customized, so that Hal will respond in a manner that human beings might??

Let's say I ask Hal This:

Mark: This is a nice day!!

Hal: It sure is!!

or

Hal: Yes, it's a beautiful day!!!

What I'm saying, is instead of trying the slow way of teaching Hal, and getting responses that don't make sense, if i don't like the responses, I can make corrections, like the old add-ons did in Hal 5.

Some chat programs allow custom responses.

Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
Stupid questions......
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 12:01:09 pm »
My copy of Brain Editor stopped working for some reason, but I know that there is a Table called Greetings or something to which you can add as many responses as you like.

Each of the Tables respond either to a common type of phrase (greetings, questions about Hal, etc.) or to the heading of the Table, for instance, my auto_learning table "_Chipmunks" contains responses that have to do with chipmunks.

I could add three, four or a hundred possible responses to that, which either do or do not have anything to do with Chipmunks, or remove ones I don't like.

Lastly, I made a plugin for my own use that is a pattern matching of several of my habitual, favorite, or humorous turns of speech, and the responses I might like to get. I won't distribute it, because it contains personal information, but the idea is simple enough.

If OriginalSentence="A stitch in time" then GetResponse = "Causes a pleat in space."

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Stupid questions......
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 06:51:11 pm »
Wow. The multiple files in 5 was tedious, but still was easier to me than editing the brain table.

Thanks.[8D]

onthecuttingedge2005

Stupid questions......
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 07:36:17 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by markofkane

I know I asked these before, but I don't remember stuff.

Is there a plug-in that can be customized, so that Hal will respond in a manner that human beings might??

Let's say I ask Hal This:

Mark: This is a nice day!!

Hal: It sure is!!

or

Hal: Yes, it's a beautiful day!!!

What I'm saying, is instead of trying the slow way of teaching Hal, and getting responses that don't make sense, if i don't like the responses, I can make corrections, like the old add-ons did in Hal 5.

Some chat programs allow custom responses.

Hi markofkane.

I will see if I can include what you request using the weather plugin or Bill could do it just as easly which ever comes first.

simple to do.

what do you declare to be perfect weather temperature range and all?

Jerry[8D]

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Stupid questions......
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 08:28:25 pm »
Sunny, temps above 50

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
Stupid questions......
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 09:17:52 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by onthecuttingedge2005
I will see if I can include what you request using the weather plugin

That could be fun...

User: Hello Hal, nice day isn't it?
Hal: Are you mad!?!? It's 15ยบ and freezing rain! It's a veritable Nordic Hell! Nice Day? You need to get out more often, meat-boy!

Feel free to adapt any of my plugins as you like, but I thought he was asking for a more general response function.

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
Stupid questions......
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 09:23:43 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by markofkane

Wow. The multiple files in 5 was tedious, but still was easier to me than editing the brain table.

I found editing the tables fairly easy, and if you have a bunch of changes to make in one table, you can pre-edit them in a spreadsheet and copy/paste them.

I also had good results from just entering line after line of phrases into Hal. I didn't even bother reading the response, I just cut and pasted in several hundred lines of data which I had prepared in Word. By the time I was half way through any particular subject, Hal was responding in a fairly knowledgable way.

Admittedly, that was during a period in which I had some extra time...