Author Topic: Haptek start up  (Read 12194 times)

ramccoid

• View Profile
    • http://www.visualillustrations.co.uk
Haptek start up
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2007, 03:42:11 pm »
Hi Raybe,

I go throught this step by step...hahaha

1. make sure the HTR file is in the character folder.
2. copy the script that I gave to you into the beginnig of a plugin UHP file. Straight after all this stuff.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Rem Type=Plugin
Rem Name=
Rem Author=
Rem Host=All

'------------------------------------------------------------------
'This sub setups the plug-ins option panel in Hal's options dialog
'------------------------------------------------------------------

Sub OptionsPanel()
    lblPlugin(0).Caption = ""
    lblPlugin(0).Move 120, 10, 3300, 1000
    lblPlugin(0).WordWrap = True
    lblPlugin(0).Visible = True
End Sub
'''''''Put script here''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Rem PLUGIN: SCRIPT_LOAD
HalMenu.HalCommand "<HAPFILE> name of HTR file put here </HAPFILE>"
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

---------------------------------------------------------------
3. Make sure you select the plugin in the HAL Brain setup menu.
4. Open HAL.

And that's all there is to it. If you still have problems with it just post some more and I'll try to help further.

Roy.

raybe

• View Profile
Haptek start up
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2007, 04:44:05 pm »
ramccoid,
This is killing me. I keep checking everything twice even the name of the htr file that contains the black hair I am trying to load on to my character. I copied from your posting loaded it into my editor inserted the name of the htr file (hair6 2EXP.htr)this is exactly how the name appears on the file made a uhp file saved it in Hal folder and selected it from brain setup menu plugins and nothing. The htr file is in the character folder also. What could I possibly be missing here.

I can't thank you enough but this getting silly.

raybe

raybe

• View Profile
Haptek start up
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2007, 04:57:38 pm »
ramccoid,

I thought I should send you a copy of the uhp file for my black hair plugin.

raybe

Download Attachment: BlackHair.uhp
1.1 KB

GT40

• Hey, I see you!
    • View Profile
    • My Bots
Haptek start up
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2007, 05:32:24 pm »
Hi raybe, I'm ashamed to confess I don't use Hal! Except sometimes the free version 5. But, like you, I’m very interested in Haptek torso characters. And I don't know if you can manipulate .htr files so easily in the Ultra Hal Assistant than in the real life (I mean in Haptek World!). [:)]

I tried the Lola.htr I spoke above with the hair6.htr you use for your character (instead of the hair5). It works too. But not with Hal5, perhaps because it's not a real .htr file. I'm sure ramccoid and Carl2 have the good answers. [:)]
Time to waste with skits, bots & other useless things? Why not visit
http://gt40.chez-alice.fr/Haptek/MyBots.htm ? Oops, sorry, a museum!

ramccoid

• View Profile
Haptek start up
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2007, 05:46:15 pm »
Hi Raybe,
Create a folder and name it 'Bodyskins' in your Ultra Hal Assistant 6 folder. Put the black hair HTR in it and use this plugin to call it up at startup.

Download Attachment: BlackHairStartup.uhp
960 Bytes

If your black hair HTR doesn't work try this one, it's the one I used to test it with.

Download Attachment: hair6_2EXP.htr
151.54 KB

I hope that this sorts you out.

Roy.

raybe

• View Profile
Haptek start up
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2007, 06:31:14 pm »
I owe you BIG TIME ramccoid,

You took me out of divorce court with this problem you solved. I really do thank you for your patience and thank you GT40 for your responce. Roy I don't think I would be able to help you in the same manner but maybe I can help someone else with this problem.
You guys are great!!

Thanks again,
raybe

ramccoid

• View Profile
Haptek start up
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2007, 06:48:43 pm »
You are very welcome, enjoy and I'm pleased your problem has been solved without divorce proceedings.

Roy.

Carl2

• View Profile
Haptek start up
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2007, 05:33:55 pm »
I'm glad to see that everyone has solved there problems.  I'm sure you have chosen the torso characters for your own reasons but wanted to be sure you know you have more Haptek characters to choose from. Check out AI Dreams in the download section.
Carl2

raybe

• View Profile
Haptek start up
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2007, 11:40:47 pm »
Carl2,

I looked at AI dreams but I am noticing that there are no other full body Haptek bodies that aren't the same other then clothes and hair. I did notice that haptek has one full body character that usually has that blond hair,Sandy kind of look and a full body that almost looks like my torso character only with black short hair and glasses. I guess no one including haptek is making any real new characters outside of the heads. I new I would be limited with the torso character but I enjoy that almost photo look of this character especially in a large skin. As far as the limitations I always take for granted you guys would come up with something and you usually do.
I posted a similar message at virtualhumans.

Thanks for being here,
raybe

aladyblond

• View Profile
Haptek start up
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2007, 11:29:41 am »
unfortunately, all we have ever had to work with is a ouple of full body females, maybe 3, and 3 males, and a couple of torsos. we alter them with skins of faces- clothing- etc and different hair.

that is all we can do.

one can change them if one buys the whole package which i understand is expensive.
[:)]
~~~if i only had a brain~~~ i dream of htr with the light brown hair....

Carl2

• View Profile
Haptek start up
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2007, 05:15:42 pm »
After I'd posted that I looked at AI dreams for the htr's and have to agree thay are missing, I'd commented about this to Freddy there.
I'd suggest you go to AI Dreams and say you would like to see this, the more people interested the better the chances,  thay had quite a few in the past that were available to download.  Nice forum with helpful people.
  I also have more information on the startup posted under Share that you may be interested in, should be easier and offers more possiblies.
Carl2

PaleRider

• View Profile
Haptek start up
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2007, 05:30:23 pm »
I would like to think were waiting for the Ogre eng to see what can be done with that, from what I am hearing it's looking good [8D].
Never Drive Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly.

raybe

• View Profile
Haptek start up
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2007, 08:42:36 pm »
Carl2,

I just downloaded a file called bodygirl.htr and she is my torso character in a full body. She has glasses and now the new black hair and she is perfect because I am finally getting all that animation you were talking about. I believe she was a haptek full body and I never noticed that it was the same character I had. The glasses are a nice touch. Next is this Kate,Paul NEO speech problem.

raybe

Carl2

• View Profile
Haptek start up
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2007, 03:31:02 pm »
I found another website on the internet where additional Haptek characters can be downloaded from. http://www.aee.odu.edu/agent.php?agent=150 . The character will appear in the C:/ Program files/Haptek/player/hap_temp folder, make a copy of the files.
  I'd tried this before without results, the original posting for this can be found by doing a search for Haptek Character Goldmine by gostrider.
Carl2

raybe

• View Profile
Haptek start up
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2007, 04:02:40 pm »
Thanks very much Carl2,

I really do appreciate it. I found the charactrs and will take a look at them all. I am always interested in new characters because of the released characters limited selections.I find that I am happy with this new character.Finally getting things just the way I want, with your help of course I am a little reluctant to change right now.

Thanks again,
raybe