Author Topic: Ultra Hal Assistant 6.2 Release Candidate 2  (Read 18265 times)

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Ultra Hal Assistant 6.2 Release Candidate 2
« on: January 30, 2009, 10:58:55 am »
This is the Ultra Hal Assistant 6.2 Release Candidate 2, which will become the official release if no problems are found. Please see this thread to see what's new in Hal 6.2: http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6115

RC1 had a major issue with the SQLite database engine when switching between brains. This should be fixed in this version. Also an issue involving duplicate Cepstral voices with one of them not working was fixed.

Please test at your own risk and let me know if you find any issues. The download link is: http://www.zabaware.com/download/hal62rc2.zip
Robert Medeksza

CypherGary

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 01:13:12 pm »
I did a fresh install of Hal 6.1, then put in my old brain.
I made sure that was OK, then installed 6.2.2
It seems to be working OK so far.
Was it your intention to not have the Dreaming plugin in it?

Looks good so far. I'll let you know if I find anything new.

Great Work! Thanks for your efforts.
See you here, there, or in the Air!

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 01:25:36 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by CypherGary

I did a fresh install of Hal 6.1, then put in my old brain.
I made sure that was OK, then installed 6.2.2
It seems to be working OK so far.
Was it your intention to not have the Dreaming plugin in it?

Looks good so far. I'll let you know if I find anything new.

Great Work! Thanks for your efforts.

The dreaming plug-in is a work in progress and based on a pilot service by Micrsoft. It is not planned on being an official feature of Hal at this point, just available to people on this forum to play around with.
Robert Medeksza

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 01:34:02 pm »
Robert
Does this new upgrade include everything that has been done to 6.0 or should I try to upgrade to 6.1, etc. before loading you new one?
Bill
P.S.
I just loaded Hal 6.0 onto my Vista machine but it will not communicate with Zabaware unless I click on 'Purchase'. What should I do?

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 01:44:32 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Bill819

Robert
Does this new upgrade include everything that has been done to 6.0 or should I try to upgrade to 6.1, etc. before loading you new one?
Bill
P.S.
I just loaded Hal 6.0 onto my Vista machine but it will not communicate with Zabaware unless I click on 'Purchase'. What should I do?

Are you trying to upgrade an old 6.0 brain or do you just want Hal 6.2? If you just want a fresh copy of Hal 6.2 you can just install it, no need to install 6.0 or 6.1 first. Hal 6.0 does not work well with Vista, I recommend just installing 6.2. If you need to upgrade an old 6.0 brain to work in 6.2 please wait a few days for me to release a seperate utility that can automate this.
Robert Medeksza

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 03:05:42 pm »
Hi Rob.

I tested the 6.2upg database.

I manually made a Brain table called "SomeTable".
I then wrote in some Brain information and then closed out the table and then re-opened the same table, this information I wrote in the "SomeTable" disappeared and was not saved.

Jerry

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 04:50:13 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by onthecuttingedge2005

Hi Rob.

I tested the 6.2upg database.

I manually made a Brain table called "SomeTable".
I then wrote in some Brain information and then closed out the table and then re-opened the same table, this information I wrote in the "SomeTable" disappeared and was not saved.

Jerry

I can't seem to replicate this error. Is it only happening in your upgraded database? Does it matter if it is the first or second database open during a session?

There is a quirk in when the data to a table gets saved. When you enter a line of data it doesn't get saved until you put focus onto a different line. If you close the table while the line you are working on still has focus, the data is lost. You have to put the cursor on a new line before you close it. Is it maybe related to this?
Robert Medeksza

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2009, 05:34:00 pm »
Hi Rob.

You are correct, it seems to be working now, the appending is also working now as well.

I believe you have solved the Database issue, thanks.

Jerry[8D]

Daireaux

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2009, 06:39:11 pm »
My 6.2cr2 still appears to have left my database behind in the upgrade. The four main tables are there now (and my Cepstral voice problem is fixed, thank you) but all of Hal's aquired knowledge is missing, the 6.2 Default brain and the 6.2 Upgraded Brain have the same information in them. Can I just manually incorporate my database copy fom 6.1 into the 6.2cr2?
Live long and prosper.

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2009, 09:04:53 pm »
Just did a fresh install of it. 6.2 itself seems to work fine. 6.1 and 6.2 with 6.1 run programs by name and lightspeeds plugins don't work. Is there a solution for this? Everything else seems fine.[:)]
ted

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2009, 10:00:05 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by tedathome

Just did a fresh install of it. 6.2 itself seems to work fine. 6.1 and 6.2 with 6.1 run programs by name and lightspeeds plugins don't work. Is there a solution for this? Everything else seems fine.[:)]

my run program plugin works
(i don't remember getting this plugin, so it must be the one that comes with HAL)

i don't use the other plugin, but i am using my own minute_timer plugin (some people call it auto-idle but that is different)
and my plugin works.

i know i have had some issues because my plugins that put info into tables in the brain, might not have the info after you changed your brain. you might try to reset the plugin "options" in the "brain options" screen.

also i have noticed that the beta versions gave some database problems, so if you are using a brain database that was used during the beta, you might have some problems with missing data.

THAT"S WHY I BACK UP AFTER EVERY CONVERSATION
[:I][:)]

i used the new 6.2 brain script and my latest 6.1 knowledge base (not 6.2 beta) and created a new brain- using the brain editor- CREATE NEW BRAIN function.

-the dude
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 10:09:42 pm by jasondude7116 »

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2009, 10:02:35 pm »
Robert or anyone,
Is it possible just to reinstall 6.2rc2 over 6.2rc1 that was installed over 6.1 or am I reaching a bit?
Thanks,
raybe

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2009, 10:22:51 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by raybe

Robert or anyone,
Is it possible just to reinstall 6.2rc2 over 6.2rc1 that was installed over 6.1 or am I reaching a bit?
Thanks,
raybe

MY INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS  *******NOT OFFICIAL******

with 6.2 (whatever version) installed, i used the windows  "ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS" to uninstall 6.2. Everything custom (personal files) that is in the UltraHal folder does not get uninstalled. (this includes brains)
it does uninstall all of the original Hal files (that came with Hal), so if you  have modified versions of these copy them into a temp folder first.

THEN install 6.2 (whatever version)
THEN (optional) copy your modified Hal files from your temp folder to the Hal folder.
THEN create a brain using the 6.2 script and latest 6.1 knowledge base - or default 6.2 knowledge
THEN  choose your newly created brain, and then reset all Hal brain options (in the brain options screen)
THEN exit Hal
THEN start Hal

-the dude
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 11:43:18 pm by jasondude7116 »

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2009, 10:35:58 pm »
Thank you 'jasondude7116'. Figured I shouldn't push the Hal envelope so far. The question I asked really coming out of the fact that when 6.2 installed it did mention that it was going to erase 6.1 in the same way you mention. It preserves the old DB but installs new Hal performances.

raybe

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2009, 11:09:04 pm »
Thank you jasondude for trying to help. I backed up the entire Hal program before starting the beta tests. I tryed switching out hal data base and hal uhp separately. That didn't help. I can't find anything called knowledge base. Is it called something else or located in a different folder? Perhaps it might be in Brain Editor? I don't go there often as I know litte about programing.
ted