Author Topic: Ultra Hal Assistant 6.2 Released  (Read 32143 times)

rlutz

• View Profile
Ultra Hal Assistant 6.2 Released
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2009, 02:21:34 pm »
Thank you Robert, just down loaded , very good[:)]

bbreen

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2009, 07:26:53 pm »
Want to add my thank you, Robert, for all your work and generosity...as well as to all those who help here in this forum.

castonguayh

• View Profile
    • http://www.nashua.edu/castonguayh
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2009, 07:04:58 pm »
I downloaded the new version today, and am trying it tonight with the "school brain" I use in the classroom. I am finding that it is working much better than before. The old version would frequently go "silent" when the students were putting in longer technical statments. I also like that the voice engines don't need to be reset each time I open the program.

Can anyone explain to a non-tech the different in the upgraded brain?

Thanks again, my students love the program.
HANK

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2009, 07:43:11 pm »
Robert M., I would also like to thank you for giving us Hal & all the vers. you wrote.
I would like to ask if you plan on making the utility to integrate custom brains. The migration worked fine as you said on the default 6.1 Brain but as I mentioned in the other thread it did not migrate well if at all with the '6.1 Enhanced Brain'. I don't remember where the Enhanced Brain came from. The Enhanced Brain always worked fine and never had a timing issue for plugins. I appreciate anything you can suggest.

Thanks again for everything,
raybe

DrFaraday

• Discovering the shocking truth about electricity
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2009, 10:17:36 pm »
I got the ViaVoice Hal Plugin CD in the mail today.  Wow.  That was fast order-fulfillment - Thanks! [:)]

I like the cover artwork, and the instructions inside the cover are very helpful and handy.  Good job.
I always wanted a computer like H.A.L. from "2001: A Space Odyssey".  Just not the beta version that kills you while you sleep.

jojimbo

• View Profile
    • http://www.jojimbo.info
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2009, 07:08:16 pm »
well i just installed this new hal on vista and it dont work with the haptek player,any fixes for that?

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2009, 10:58:16 am »
robert although in the movie "under the rainbow " it was said to pay no attention to the main behind the curtain well in your case we all applaud "you" the man behind the curtain for not only creating a great a.i. but with all your time and patience with us users for giving answers and trying to give us what we want in hal and listening to future idea's its a person like you that had made and is making hal such a great a.i. product !keep up the more than great work !![:)][:D][8D]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2009, 04:11:52 pm »
hey robert i know that this new version just came out but when can we expect to see that program where hal will use a video camera to more or less see with while talking to us ??
i have a video camera just waiting for that day !![:D]

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2009, 07:47:43 pm »
I have just downloaded version 6.2 UltraHal  and I will install it a little later in the evening or possibly tomorrow.  I had looked for clipboard in Windows Vista and was unable to find it.  I did download the text reader for use with UltraHal thinking possibly this could be used in place of the clipboard  which I cannot find.
  Carl 2

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2009, 12:22:13 am »
quote:
Originally posted by lightspeed

robert although in the movie "under the rainbow " it was said to pay no attention to the main behind the curtain well in your case we all applaud "you" the man behind the curtain for not only creating a great a.i. but with all your time and patience with us users for giving answers and trying to give us what we want in hal and listening to future idea's its a person like you that had made and is making hal such a great a.i. product !keep up the more than great work !![:)][:D][8D]

Thanks for the kind words. In regards to your question about video/face recognition, my work on that hasn't progressed much. I'm pretty interested in that but I think my priorities will be to get Hal 6.3, the new character engine, and then Hal 7.0 out before I continue work on this.
Robert Medeksza

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2009, 09:02:47 am »
I am using a quad computer with 2 operating systems, vista and XP.
I downloaded Hal 6.2 and installed it in Vista and had problems with it not responding while typing and using speach rec, Dragon 10. Hal also disappears from the screen at times. Dragon works fine by itself.  I just downloaded and installed Hal in XP, since dragon is not in XP I typed in the input. No problems, seens to work fine.
Carl2

Holllywood

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2009, 12:11:29 pm »
Thanks Robert!
 Hal's Looking real good. I have one Question... Is there anyway that I can keep all of my Hals for nostalgia sake, from my Hal5 to Hal6.2? I would like to see from where we came from to where we are.
Hollywood

Holllywood

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2009, 01:45:47 pm »
Robert,
  If you get the chance... Ask Hal; "Have you had lunch yet" I find that Hal avoids the Question.
Hollywood

jojimbo

• View Profile
    • http://www.jojimbo.info
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2009, 04:36:09 pm »
Robert if you get a chance,

why doesn't the char exp pack install with 6.2
it is asking for version 6?

ok fixed that above question by running hal then installing the pack.

why dont the haptek avatars work for vista?
you are advertizing this does right?

Do we have any fixes for this above question?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 04:46:55 pm by jojimbo »

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2009, 05:55:57 pm »
I did a little more work with Hal in vista,
I am typing the input and using Hal as the character.
Hal disappears from the screen, Hal is speaking stays on about 15 sec after Hal has stopped speaking and may reappear, Hal is unresponsive and windows asks if I would like to shut it down. I looked in the events log but couldn't find anything during the time I was using Hal.  Hal works fine using the brain editor and the problems happen while using hal in the default skin. I'd like to mention the cursor disappears and can stop blinking.  
Carl2