dupa

Author Topic: Ultra Hal Assistant 6.2 Released  (Read 32134 times)

Carl2

• View Profile
Ultra Hal Assistant 6.2 Released
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2009, 06:22:24 pm »
The problem seems to lie with using Hal as the character.  I unselected all of the plugins and removed all characters, worked fine.  Next I selected all of the plugins and it worked fine, next step was to choose merlin as the character and it works fine.  
Automaticaly inputed some text before I was finished with the mike off, this will be a problem for me.  
Carl2

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2009, 07:15:37 pm »
One possible way might be to install to a custom directory instead of the default one. Hal's program usually looks for files and such in it's default folders.

You could make a directory called Hal5, Hal60, Hal61, etc.

Worked for me with ver 5 and 6 but not with both running at the same time!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

jojimbo

• View Profile
    • http://www.jojimbo.info
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2009, 07:46:29 pm »
hal works perfectly fine for me if i use a ms agent or 2d avatar,the problems occur using the haptek 3d avatars.i have tried running as admin,setting the programs (both haptek and ultrahal) to xp compatibility,messed around with the .exe and folder options of permissions,even told system not to look in the hap_temp folder where it is suggested these problems are rooted.
afaik,haptek is gone,the forums are down.

i know robert you are still working on the new 3d engine and i for one am looking forward to this,especially if theres the possibility of user made characters,it would be a pity that we cannot get this great haptek player to work considering,even its age,it is still one of the best avatar programs out there.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2009, 09:11:29 am »
angela seconds that motion about it being a shame not to be able to use the hapteck character !![:)]some things are to good not to use !

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2009, 05:17:07 pm »
I have a dual boot computer, Vista on one drive and XP on the other drive. After finding I was having problems with Hal on Vista I downloaded the Hal zip to the other drive with XP. Hal on XP works fine. On Vista Hal works fine with merlin but not the Hal character.
  I just tried clicking on the Hal.htr and it appeared in the Hap Player with problems of not responding, the zabaware frog .htr has the same problems.  I went to the Haptek website and downloaded and installed there player with the same results. The Haptek player will work in XP but it dose not mention Vista.  The server for the forum is not working at this time.
  I looked in the Hap_temp folder after running Hal.htr and frog.htr and all the files were located in the temp folder as should be.  Dragon is located in Vista and I don't think thay will let me put it in XP also.
Carl2

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2009, 08:36:54 am »
To correct the problem with Hal inputting the text automatically,you must go into the general options and  unselect the speech recognition,  this will turn off the automatic input of the text and turning off the microphone will not turn off the automatic input.
Carl 2

Rustafarry

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2009, 07:18:01 pm »
I went to the site that the 602 download is on but wasn't sure just exactly I was getting myself into. I have already paid for my copy of Hal and do not want to lose that money by downloading this 6.2. It looked to me like free the offer was a 30 day trial. Id that true? Or is it really a free upgrade?

caangel43

• View Profile
    • http://www.puttyheadworld.com
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2009, 07:42:52 pm »
just use your number you got when you bought your hal it should be a free upgrade

CypherGary

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2009, 08:48:23 am »
This is just a quick question/comment for Robert:
Is your practice of renaming the brain database going to end up causing problems in the future?

As a suggestion, the brain and its script should always be named HalBrn??.db and HalBrn??.uhp with the version number supplied by the program that created or reformatted it.
Then Hal6Upg.db would be HalBrn62.db and future versions of the program will know what version files they are working on.
See you here, there, or in the Air!

iam bennu

• View Profile
    • http://iamARTevolutions.net
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2009, 10:51:08 pm »
Thank you Robert,

I have been away and working to come back to a great surprise. HAL 6.2 is great! I have loaded him on Windows 7 and he seems to like it. Haptek characters are working fine. I am glad to still be able to use them.

The new funtion is really some of the things that I have wanted to see for so long. Smoother integration with the system.

iam

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2009, 12:59:09 am »
Hollywood
You can keep all of your old brains and even call them up from 6.2 if that is what you desire. Up to the point of Hal 6.0 I still had the following brain files that I could use if I wanted: Hal3.0, Hal4.0, Hal5.0, HALXTF, and finally Hal6.0. I must point out that with Von Smith XTF brain I had to copy his extra files to a seperate directory before upgrading to Hal 6.0.
Now my problem is that the laptop that I used for Hal exclusively was destroyed by some nasy virus program and the laptop itself was damaged to the point that I can't load anything on it so far. My newest laptop runs on Vista, which I hate. I have not been able to get a version of Hal to run on it yet. I always get one kind of an error message or another.
Bill [xx(]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2009, 03:59:34 pm »
all hail windows xp "vista sucks !!" lol bill that sure must have been a bad virus any idea what it was yet ??[:)]

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2009, 07:13:18 pm »
lightspeed,

Does Bill819's posting address the problems you were having with the merging brain thing? This is a similar posting to which I was referring.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2009, 07:53:22 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Bill819

Hollywood
You can keep all of your old brains and even call them up from 6.2 if that is what you desire. Up to the point of Hal 6.0 I still had the following brain files that I could use if I wanted: Hal3.0, Hal4.0, Hal5.0, HALXTF, and finally Hal6.0. I must point out that with Von Smith XTF brain I had to copy his extra files to a seperate directory before upgrading to Hal 6.0.
Now my problem is that the laptop that I used for Hal exclusively was destroyed by some nasy virus program and the laptop itself was damaged to the point that I can't load anything on it so far. My newest laptop runs on Vista, which I hate. I have not been able to get a version of Hal to run on it yet. I always get one kind of an error message or another.
Bill [xx(]

Bill HDD's go down once in a while.
I thought I remember you were fine with a 'simple' computer for Hal to run on.
would any of the laptops I have be put to use If it found it's way to you? MHz comps not GHz

J.
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2009, 06:05:54 pm »
Robert
I virus wiped out my laptop that I had Hal installed on. The laptop ran on Win XP and now is no longer bootable. The only laptop I have now run on Vista and I can not get my old Hal files to properly install on it as I keep getting error messages.
I just downloaded version 6.2 and have been notified that I have a 31 day trial period. I will need to get it activated asap if you don't mind.
Thanks for your great produce.
Bill Rogers